[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How will team X be looked at if they beat team Y?

keggerz

Team X is Cleveland and Team Y is their week 10 opponent the Jets?

I know that it is probably a stretch to think they will beat the Jets but then again what did folks think prior to the Saints and Patriots games?

With a win the Browns would move to 4-5

To put their 5 losses in a bit of perspective... 3 (TB, Bal & KC) of their losses they had the lead in the 4th quarter and their other 2 losses were to the Steelers (in Pitt) and Falcons...man talk about a tough schedule.

Edited by keggerz

I don't expect Cleveland to beat the Jets, but if the Lions can come as close as they did, it's certainly possible. I don't think grinding Peyton Hillis all day will be as effective vs. the Jets as it was vs. the Patriots, but the Jets certainly are not invincible.

IF Cleveland beats the Jets I will be very impressed, but I wouldn't A - be shocked or B - suddenly vault Cleveland into the top tier of NFL teams. IF they win, it will be because of Hillis, and he will certainly have earned his spot among the elite RBs in the NFL (how long he can keep it up - talking both of the rest of the season and into the future - remains to be seen). I will also be extremely impressed with Colt McCoy. In addition, I will have to start learning the names of some of Cleveland's defensive players. All this being said, I still think Cleveland has too many holes to be considered an elite team even if they beat the Jets. McCoy is still a rookie and their other QBs still suck. They still have no one who catches the ball consistently (with the exception of Hillis. . .and maybe Watson). I still can't name anyone on their defense off-hand (Shaun Rogers, maybe. Is he still there?). They still have to play @JAX, vCAR, @MIA, @BUF, @CIN, vBAL, and vPIT. They still are completely Hillis-centric and, if he goes down, so go the Browns. Oh yeah, and they still have to beat the Jets.

I don't expect Cleveland to beat the Jets, but if the Lions can come as close as they did, it's certainly possible. I don't think grinding Peyton Hillis all day will be as effective vs. the Jets as it was vs. the Patriots, but the Jets certainly are not invincible.

IF Cleveland beats the Jets I will be very impressed, but I wouldn't A - be shocked or B - suddenly vault Cleveland into the top tier of NFL teams. IF they win, it will be because of Hillis, and he will certainly have earned his spot among the elite RBs in the NFL (how long he can keep it up - talking both of the rest of the season and into the future - remains to be seen). I will also be extremely impressed with Colt McCoy. In addition, I will have to start learning the names of some of Cleveland's defensive players. All this being said, I still think Cleveland has too many holes to be considered an elite team even if they beat the Jets. McCoy is still a rookie and their other QBs still suck. They still have no one who catches the ball consistently (with the exception of Hillis. . .and maybe Watson). I still can't name anyone on their defense off-hand (Shaun Rogers, maybe. Is he still there?). They still have to play @JAX, vCAR, @MIA, @BUF, @CIN, vBAL, and vPIT. They still are completely Hillis-centric and, if he goes down, so go the Browns. Oh yeah, and they still have to beat the Jets.

You need to get into an IDP league :wacko:

Scott fujita (I think that's how you spell it) plays for them. Honestly they were impressive playing NE last week. There O line is phenomenal. I agree though that he's turned himself into an elite back but how long can he keep it up that will be interesting to watch.

IF Cleveland beats the Jets I will be very impressed, but I wouldn't A - be shocked or B - suddenly vault Cleveland into the top tier of NFL teams. IF they win, it will be because of Hillis, and he will certainly have earned his spot among the elite RBs in the NFL (how long he can keep it up - talking both of the rest of the season and into the future - remains to be seen).

Disagree. If they win, it'll be because of their defense. I've been pretty impressed with Rob Ryan's game planning against generally good offensive teams like New Orleans and New England. I really wouldn't be that surprised if Cleveland won. They have a way of forcing their competition down to their level with that defense.

Edited by MTSuper7

I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

They are playing solid defense, which spells trouble for a Jets team that got shut-out two weeks ago by the Packers at home, then continued their putrid play for 3 quarters against the Lions. It was only some boneheaded playcalling by the Lions that allowed the Jets enough time to win that game in the final 3 minutes.

Not even sure its a real upset.....Browns 19, Jets 13 looks right.