[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ryan Torain

Jagwired1129

I'm not banking on it from what I've read, but thankfully I have good options besides him. Tough to be confindent about Torain right now, with Shanahan essentially saying Williams would start if both Torain and Portis couldn't go. Good luck to you.

I'm not banking on it from what I've read, but thankfully I have good options besides him. Tough to be confindent about Torain right now, with Shanahan essentially saying Williams would start if both Torain and Portis couldn't go. Good luck to you.

What else is Shanahan supposed to say?

What else is Shanahan supposed to say?

Nothing, it just seems he's already putting that out there, so it must be a fairly possible situation. Also considering how Shanahan has handled backs (and QB's) for the past few years, and my opinion is that I wouldn't be that jazzed about Torain's prospects. Was just tossing in my opinion for someone who asked a question and probably wanted other's opinions. Sorry it didn't meet with your approval... :wacko:

Nothing, it just seems he's already putting that out there, so it must be a fairly possible situation. Also considering how Shanahan has handled backs (and QB's) for the past few years, and my opinion is that I wouldn't be that jazzed about Torain's prospects. Was just tossing in my opinion for someone who asked a question and probably wanted other's opinions. Sorry it didn't meet with your approval... :tup:

Oh I agree that I'm not jazzed about his prospects and I'm pretty thin at RB already but I'm hoping maybe this is more of Shanahan trying to motivate Torain to push hard and be ready. :wacko:

Oh I agree that I'm not jazzed about his prospects and I'm pretty thin at RB already but I'm hoping maybe this is more of Shanahan trying to motivate Torain to push hard and be ready. :wacko:

Yes, he certainly has interesting methods of motivating, doesn't he? I would agree he's pretty committed to Torain, and you are probably right, he wants him to step up. I hope for all Torain apologists (of which I'm one), that he goes and does well.

How do you know that he's putting that out there?

Coaches rarely volunteer anything, he was probably asked by a reporter.

From this:

Ryan Torain: Shanahan noncommittal on starting RB

Ryan Torain - RB - WAS - Nov. 11 - 3:14 pm et

Coach Mike Shanahan refused to say Thursday which back would start if Ryan Torain and Clinton Portis were both healthy.

Torain (hamstring) practiced again Thursday and looked "pretty good." Portis (groin), dealing with swelling, sat out the majority of practice. "Right now, both guys aren't healthy," said Shanahan. Keiland Williams will draw the start Monday night if Torain is unable to go. We're still expecting Portis to be held out one more week. Nov. 11 - 3:14 pm

Now, that being explained, it looks like NOW that Torain will be the man, which I'm happy about:

From the Huddle:

Ryan Torain - RB - Washington Redskins Posted 11/11/10 6:23pm et

Washington Redskins RB Ryan Torain (hamstring) was upgraded to "full" participation on Thursday, Nov. 11. Clinton Portis (groin) suffered a setback on Thursday and sat out practice, according to The Washington Post's Jason Reid.

Huddle Up: Mike Shanahan said Torain "looked pretty good." Stay tuned, maybe Torain will rally and get back out there to help fantasy owners. If he can't go, Keiland Williams is expected to start.

So, now it looks like Torain will get the nod, but we don't know yet. That's everything I'm going on. Hope this helps... :wacko:

I've watched a few videos on the Redskins website, Ryan Torain actually said to a reporter that he wants to play a lot and that their's nothing thats gonna keep him from missing the game. I'm not a body language expert but he smiled the whole time, and seemed pretty happy and looking forward to MNF, he said coach wont let us talk about injuries, IMO I'd say he looks like a lock to play unless there's any setback. The interview was from wed, when he was reportedly limited, most guys sit out wed practices anyways and for him to go full on thurs makes me feel pretty confident, lets see how he does in todays practice!

Anyone local have a feel for what might happen if/when Portis comes back fully ready to play? I know Shanny likes Torain, and seems he's done a good job. Do you think Portis will be the main back again, or will Shanny ride Torain as the main guy? I know it's tough to know, ever, with Shanny, but I'm really puzzled by this one. Maybe both play plenty?

Anyone local have a feel for what might happen if/when Portis comes back fully ready to play? I know Shanny likes Torain, and seems he's done a good job. Do you think Portis will be the main back again, or will Shanny ride Torain as the main guy? I know it's tough to know, ever, with Shanny, but I'm really puzzled by this one. Maybe both play plenty?

Torain is the man now. Portis will back him up, but they might pull that "portis is the starter but get's less carries crap" to satisfy Clinton's undeserved ego.