[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Managers who refuse to trade?

yomjoseki

I think a lot has to do with where the teams are in the standings. A team at the top is unlikely to make a trade with a team on the bottom simply by going off the old "If it ain't broke don't fix it" saying. I know I've turned down several trade offers this year just for that reason alone. Why shake up my 8-2 team just to help out someone else - especially if I don't benefit at all from the trade - or at best it's a lateral move with my roster? Now if I had a suddenly glaring hole in my roster due to injuries I would be more willing to make trades then. I would gladly give up some depth in a strong position to address those holes in my roster.

A lot of the trades I have seen this year in my leagues involve teams at or near the bottom to middle of the pack where both are trying to address needs that they have. If I was in that same boat I would absolutely be making trades to improve my team - and have done so in the past.

Yes - several. Frankly, I don't understand why they do fantasy sports at all if they're not going to engage in the in-season stuff like trades and roster moves. Seems incredibly boring to me.

With experienced players, it becomes an ego thing IMO.

Ah, yes - the old "if I'm not raping the other team, I'm not trading" mentality. I love it. It's really sad/amusing but the reality is that everyone (regardless of how stupid they are) seems to think that they're smarter than everyone else - that's the problem. Everyone should just give in to me now, as it's clear (to me) that I'm the only true genius playing fantasy football - all the others are off building rockets and stuff like that.

My guys are awesome and your guys suck, but for some strange reason I want a few of your sucky players in exchange for my awesome guys. :wacko:

On a serious note, trading hasn't been too hard to do in my leagues that allow trading. It's all about the owners involved and the needs of their respective teams. Only a few guys trade just for trading's sake.