[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your Super Bowl Prediction

Menudo

The two best teams in football right now are the Jets and the Giants. If Green Bay wouldn't have sat on their hands and actually made a run at a RB they would be my pick. Too one dimensional to think they could reach the SB now.

lolwut? The Giants, sure. They're playing good football, and they're as good as any team in the NFC right now. But the Jets? Come on, man. They got shut out by Green Bay and barely beat the Lions.

I'd like to think the Eagles have a chance. Who knows, maybe all the detractors were right and McNabb was what was holding us back? In the NFC, I think it comes down to the best defenses in the NFL, the Steelers and the Titans. I'd LOVE for the Eagles to beat the Steelers. Man I can't stand the Steelers or their fans. Eagles/Titans rematch would be interesting, too.

Edited by yomjoseki

Colts vs Falcons

If Atlanta can play well and secure home field advantage.....they just don't lose at home, and won't to any of these so-so contenders in the NFC. The Colts, who should be healthy again and hitting their stride, can beat any of their AFC bretheren.

If the Eagles play them in that Dome, the Eagles team speed would be too much for them to handle. Plus, it'd be like a home game for Vick. The Eagles thoroughly dismantled them in Philly with Kolb under center. With Vick under center on that carpet, DJax/Maclin/McCoy....forgetaboutit!

If the Eagles play them in that Dome, the Eagles team speed would be too much for them to handle. Plus, it'd be like a home game for Vick. The Eagles thoroughly dismantled them in Philly with Kolb under center. With Vick under center on that carpet, DJax/Maclin/McCoy....forgetaboutit!

Unless the Eagles win the division (which isn't far-fetched as they still have to play the Giants 2x), the NFC Championship game would be there 3rd road game in a row. Tough order to fill.

Though what a story if Vick would come home to face the Falcons in the NFC Championship, eh?

Ravens vs Eagles. Because I hate them both.

Super Bowl: Giants and Steelers. If Pittsburgh can start 6-2 with 4 QBs and going 4-1 on the road the first half, they can only get better the second half with the extra two home games and Roethlismolester. The Giants are flat-out unstoppable at the moment, and unless there are some significant injuries, they look like a lock for homefield advantage all the way to the NFC championship. Super Bowl XLV prediction: Giants 34, Steelers 31 in yet another high-scoring nail-biter. Hakeem Nicks is the Super Bowl MVP.

AFC: Steelers over Jets

NFC: Giants over Falcons

NFC

1. New Orleans will make playoffs but continue their 2010 tendency toward inexplicable losses.

2. Eagles will make the playoffs as a wild card team but will lose enough division games to keep them from home field.

3. Packers make the playoffs but also cannot overcome losses of key players to compete at the highest levels.

4. Rams win the NFC West, since someone has to, but lack the experience and talent to carry forward deep into the playoffs.

5. 49ers put on a surprising late season run and finish 8-8, just missing playoffs and buying Singletary another year (before you laugh, they have almost all of their division games left and are only 2 games out of first).

6. Bears finish 8-8, losing important divisional games at Detroit and GB to miss playoffs.

7. Cowboys play divisional spoiler and win a couple of close games against NFC East rivals, finishing 4-12.

8. Vikings, Redskins, and Seahawks all finish 8-8. Childress gets canned, Carroll and Shanahan continue to walk on water.

AFC

1. Indy's injuries will ultimately sink an otherwise strong finish, though they will win the division at 11-5 and a playoff game.

2. New England's defensive woes and offensive mediocrity finally catch up with them in a first round loss.

3. Raiders win the West and lose first round. Al Davis has a coronary and turns over the team to his son Marc.

4. Baltimore is a wild card and wins first game, but gets bogged down against the Jets in the next game.

5. Tennessee finishes strong (10-6) but loses two division games that cost the team a title and a wild card berth.

6. San Diego wins out its last four games again to go 9-7, but loses either at Indy or at home against Oakland to sink their playoff hopes.

7. The surprising Chiefs lose two division games and lose out the title to the Raiders; both finish 10-6.

8. Despite Brandon Marshall's predictions, the Fins finish 8-8 with the rubber-armed Pennington at the helm. Dan Carpenter breaks Neil Rackers's field goal record, finshiing with 42 FGs and a sore leg.

9. Texans and Jaguars both finish 8-8 in the most competitive division in football.

Edited by historymike

lolwut? The Giants, sure. They're playing good football, and they're as good as any team in the NFC right now. But the Jets? Come on, man. They got shut out by Green Bay and barely beat the Lions.

I'd like to think the Eagles have a chance. Who knows, maybe all the detractors were right and McNabb was what was holding us back? In the NFC, I think it comes down to the best defenses in the NFL, the Steelers and the Titans. I'd LOVE for the Eagles to beat the Steelers. Man I can't stand the Steelers or their fans. Eagles/Titans rematch would be interesting, too.

Saving this one. When the games count there isn't a team in the AFC that will beat the Jets.