[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles want Vick for 2011 and beyond

BearBroncos

Doe this high priced back up QB get traded? I see many teams needing help but then, with Vick running a good back up is probably important to have.

I'm wondering if maybe I should target Kolb in a keeper league. Maybe he ends up in Miami? Maybe Arizona (I hope)?

Thoughts of other places he may land or maybe this report is nothing more than hog wash?

Report: Eagles want Vick for 2011 and beyond

The Philadelphia Inquirer reports that the Eagles want to keep Michael Vick for "next season and beyond," but there have been no contract talks between the two sides.

The team will hold meetings in the next few weeks to discuss the future of Vick as well as other candidates for new contracts. Vick could be a highly sought after free agent if he makes it to the open market in March, but he acknowledged that he would favor the Eagles considering their leap of faith to sign him in 2009. For what it's worth former Eagles great and current ESPN analyst Ron Jaworski "can't see" Vick not being the team's quarterback in 2011. Nov. 12 - 8:23 am et

Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News

Edited by BearBroncos

Regardless, Kolbs confidence is completely shot. He went from being the next great thing in Philly, to being benched for a dog killer. Thats gotta mess with a guys head. If he is traded, I'm sure he will give us FF's some sort of return on our investment. He can start for 10 or so teams.

I'm pretty sure Kolb's contract is up at the end of this year. We'll have to see what happens with the collective bargaining agreement before we'll know what happens to Kolb. If franchise tags are back in 2011, then that's what they'll do (assuming they don't have to use it on Vick). If not,they'll let him go to another team free and clear and take the compensatory pick, which would likely be the highest one you can get (3rd round).

I'm sure they'd love to re-sign him but this isn't Madden. That dude has been waiting around for a chance to start for four years, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a bit resentful of the situation. He's been a total pro about it so far, being very gracious and saying all the right things. I just don't buy that it doesn't bother him deep inside.

Regardless, Kolbs confidence is completely shot. He went from being the next great thing in Philly, to being benched for a dog killer. Thats gotta mess with a guys head. If he is traded, I'm sure he will give us FF's some sort of return on our investment. He can start for 10 or so teams.

Nah, his confidence isn't shot. If anything he's just more fired up to play. Also, the NFL trade deadline is past so he isn't going anywhere this season.

:wacko: he is signed thru 2011

Alright, I wasn't sure if he signed a one year extension or just re-worked his deal for more salary this year.

I mean, since he's signed through 2011, I could see Andy Reid hanging onto him for another year just because he can. He's a sick, sick man.

Edited by yomjoseki

:wacko: that's exactly not how it appears...

he respects Vick's ability and acknowledges that he was a 1st overall pick before and is definitely playing like one....Kolb should be traded and to a good team where he can flourish as well....(maybe AZ or Minny?)

:wacko: that's exactly not how it appears...

he respects Vick's ability and acknowledges that he was a 1st overall pick before and is definitely playing like one....Kolb should be traded and to a good team where he can flourish as well....(maybe AZ or Minny?)

Don't ever forget about the Cleveland connection too.

Do you really think that Cleveland will go for him, considering that McCoy has done quite well for himself?

McCoy is "doing well" but there is still a lot of football left to be played...over the course of the rest of the season the Browns could easily decide that McCoy is the future or that they might need to go another direction...so far I think he looks like he could stick but you never know.

They will prob keep Kolb and have him for insurance for Vick. I think keeping Vick is a good move from a GM standpoint, but I think his real expense is that you have to spend big for a back-up. And I do not think he can beat a big team in the playoffs nor do I believe in their defense this year. If Kolb gets traded, it would first happen during next year's draft. After that, no CBA means no CBA and prob no football for the beginning of 2011. :wacko: