[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somebody throw some cold water on WIlf and

CaP'N GRuNGe

I don't see that anything changed today. What did Childress do to contribute to this defeat? It looked to me that the Bears D won this game by excellent play. What could Chili do?

I don't know. I only listened to part of the game on the radio. I didn't watch it.

I don't see that anything changed today. What did Childress do to contribute to this defeat? It looked to me that the Bears D won this game by excellent play. What could Chili do?

Oh, i don't know. Little things like don't run the ball on 3rd and 7? Yeah, so maybe that's on Bevell, but it's his KAO. The guy has completely lost the lockerroom. You've got guys during the middle of the week saying they hate their coach but will still keep playing. How does that atmosphere inspire any confidence and professional approach to prepping for a game on Sunday?

But yes, the Bears did play well today. Not trying to take anything away from them at all.

Edited by CaP'N GRuNGe

I say this respectfully, I swear, but youre a dumb ass. Thank you. Good night.

I say this respectfully, I swear, but youre a dumb ass. Thank you. Good night.

Sure he's been a dummy for half a decade but my point was this:

He didn't get fired last week

He didn't do anything in particular to lose this game today, no more than usual

Therefore, nothing has changed so I don't see how he gets fired this week

Did you think I was saying he's a good coach or something? If so, I submit it's not me that's the dumbass in this dialog.

Sure he's been a dummy for half a decade but my point was this:

He didn't get fired last week

He didn't do anything in particular to lose this game today, no more than usual

Therefore, nothing has changed so I don't see how he gets fired this week

Did you think I was saying he's a good coach or something? If so, I submit it's not me that's the dumbass in this dialog.

Team lost this week - last week they won.

Favre turned the ball over 4 times. Who could have ever expected that? :wacko:

At least two of those were due to receivers - and I use that term loosely - fell down and the ball went to the defender behind them. Favre had some off passes, but I don't blame Favre for much of this day. Especially when Harvin got hurt (again) and he had NOBODY to throw to.

As for Childress and firing him, it seems like a fair time to do it, it might actually motivate many of the players, especially the defense if Frazier takes over. The thing is, as interested as I was to see Frazier get a chance (after Tomlin left), the way he has managed the defense this season has been lackluster and weak, IMO. The Bears come into this game last in the NFL on 3rd down conversions, a terrible offensive line, a QB who throws a ton of interceptions, and we never blitz when it matters. We haven't made up for our lackluster pass russ all season, and I blame Frazier for that.

Who knows what will happen. I don't think there's much of a downside to letting Childress go, but they may not want to change at this point, either. Gonna be a cold football season up here.

At least two of those were due to receivers - and I use that term loosely - fell down and the ball went to the defender behind them. Favre had some off passes, but I don't blame Favre for much of this day. Especially when Harvin got hurt (again) and he had NOBODY to throw to.

As for Childress and firing him, it seems like a fair time to do it, it might actually motivate many of the players, especially the defense if Frazier takes over. The thing is, as interested as I was to see Frazier get a chance (after Tomlin left), the way he has managed the defense this season has been lackluster and weak, IMO. The Bears come into this game last in the NFL on 3rd down conversions, a terrible offensive line, a QB who throws a ton of interceptions, and we never blitz when it matters. We haven't made up for our lackluster pass russ all season, and I blame Frazier for that.

Who knows what will happen. I don't think there's much of a downside to letting Childress go, but they may not want to change at this point, either. Gonna be a cold football season up here.

I hope you are not talking about the interception at the end of the game where Shiancoe (I think) slipped???? He slipped because the pass was thrown horribly behind him - that was 100% Favre.

I just don't see how Chilly gets fired now. He is a horrible coach and I thought last year it was beyond stupid for the Vikes to sign him to a longer contract based on a career year by Favre. If they fire him now - how foolish do they look after losing Moss and a 3rd rounder....then Moss says fire Chilly - and Moss gets moved...and then a few weeks later you do exactly what Moss tells you that you should have done all along. Just calamity upon calamities.

KO'd

Exactly. Do what the Cowboys did, fire Chilly and give Frazier the reigns as a tryout.

+1

You know you're rebuilding this team anyway. Favre ain't coming back again and Chilly, if he survives the season, won't survive the off-season (remember that Tarvaris is CHILLY'S boy, so a brand new QB will be in order). Might as well see if Frazier is really the guy to replace him or not. I think the labor issues for next season have resulted in some coaches getting longer leashes this season (who wants to hire a new guy if there's no football next season?), but if you just make an assistant the interim HC, you don't have to spend any more money until you have a clearer picture of 2011.

My recipe for the Vikings: Fire Childress; promote and possibly retain Frazier; sign McNabb (let Tarvaris back him up); draft OL, defense, and some WRs without busted up ankles, hips, knees, and migraine headaches; and HAND THE BALL OFF TO AP