[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many Pac-10 teams are even going to make it to a bowl

Living the Dream

neither did Oregon or Stanford.

And you do remember you are a Zona fan right. Somehow you always seems to pimp the front running school in the conference.

pimp? such a clown, yeah I happen to think Oregon, Auburn, TCU, Boise, Stan are the top 5 teams in the country followed by Wisky and LSU

I know, crazy huh..........

sorry when someone comes in with an ignorant "bowl eligible" post I have to bring in the facts

and the facts are the Big 12 is out of the national title picture - thank god

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pimp? such a clown, yeah I happen to think Oregon, Auburn, TCU, Boise, Stan are the top 5 teams in the country followed by Wisky and LSU

I know, crazy huh..........

sorry when someone comes in with an ignorant "bowl eligible" post I have to bring in the facts

and the facts are the Big 12 is out of the national title picture - thank god

3 outta 10 teams bowl eligible, I think that is news.

Give it a rest, you pimp Oregon or SC every year. Never Zona. Its all pac-10 all the time. This isnt about TCU or Boise, its about Pac-10 this, and Oregon/Stanford that. You sprinkle in Boise because they punked Oregon last yr and cant avoid that.

the ignorance is pimping Oregon St as a top 15 team, or last yrs bowl record as no big deal, or this yrs non conference when the top 2 teams didnt play anyone non conference. Or how LSU wont finish in the top 25. This can go on for days if you like. The point is you need someone pointing out how often you are wrong, because I dont see many instance you have a clue. As it later slaps you in the face.

And the pac-10 hasnt been in the NC picture but what twice in the past what 20 years. SC both times, won one, lost one. Guess that weak non conference and the Wash Sts of the world will get someone there this yr.

3 outta 10 teams bowl eligible, I think that is news.

Give it a rest, you pimp Oregon or SC every year. Never Zona. Its all pac-10 all the time. This isnt about TCU or Boise, its about Pac-10 this, and Oregon/Stanford that. You sprinkle in Boise because they punked Oregon last yr and cant avoid that.

the ignorance is pimping Oregon St as a top 15 team, or last yrs bowl record as no big deal, or this yrs non conference when the top 2 teams didnt play anyone non conference. Or how LSU wont finish in the top 25. This can go on for days if you like. The point is you need someone pointing out how often you are wrong, because I dont see many instance you have a clue. As it later slaps you in the face.

And the pac-10 hasnt been in the NC picture but what twice in the past what 20 years. SC both times, won one, lost one. Guess that weak non conference and the Wash Sts of the world will get someone there this yr.

I honestly feel sorry for you - I hope you get it together one of these days

I honestly feel sorry for you - I hope you get it together one of these days

Figured I was due for one of these. Every time I regurgitate what you said over and over and you get to see it later after the fact, I get one of these comments.

Never understood how someone who doesnt know someone a lick, could feel sorry for someone who is probably better off in every aspect of their life than the one posting this. But whatever makes you feel better about yourself. I dont feel sorry for you, I simply dont care.

Have not commented in this thread yet, but have read all the post. So let me take the role of the judge on ESPN that rules in favor of Lou Holtz and/or Mark May.

Sorry Wildcat don't take this the wrong way because you often make a good case, but in this thread Living the Dream has actually presented a much more compelling case. And remember early in the season I thought the Pac 10 was playing the best football, but as the season plays out it certainly has changed my opinion of the PAC10. Granted the Pac 10 has played a decent ooc schedule but keep in mind in most cases they lost those games, so it's hard to give them too much credit. :wacko:

Have not commented in this thread yet, but have read all the post. So let me take the role of the judge on ESPN that rules in favor of Lou Holtz and/or Mark May.

Sorry Wildcat don't take this the wrong way because you often make a good case, but in this thread Living the Dream has actually presented a much more compelling case. And remember early in the season I thought the Pac 10 was playing the best football, but as the season plays out it certainly has changed my opinion of the PAC10. Granted the Pac 10 has played a decent ooc schedule but keep in mind in most cases they lost those games, so it's hard to give them too much credit. :wacko:

fair enough, I just find it hard to believe a league with 1,6,20,22 ranked teams that played BY FAR the toughest non conference schedule gets no love - makes no sense. Rocker, do you honestly think losing tough NC doesn't make a difference lol? huh? if Oreg State swaps out TCU and Boise for an SEC caliber nc game- they are sitting at 6-3...... how does that not play a role.

fwiw - the Pac 10 is the #1 conference in the UNBIASED Sagarin ratings - but oh yeah thats right he sucks......

a few fun facts about your vaunted SEC.....

-The Pac 10 plays 3 more road games than the SEC even though they have 23 less games overall and two less teams.

- the SEC plays 9, count them 9 road games out of 48 OOC games.

way to sack up boys!

fair enough, I just find it hard to believe a league with 1,6,20,22 ranked teams that played BY FAR the toughest non conference schedule gets no love - makes no sense. Rocker, do you honestly think losing tough NC doesn't make a difference lol? huh? if Oreg State swaps out TCU and Boise for an SEC caliber nc game- they are sitting at 6-3...... how does that not play a role.

fwiw - the Pac 10 is the #1 conference in the UNBIASED Sagarin ratings - but oh yeah thats right he sucks......

a few fun facts about your vaunted SEC.....

-The Pac 10 plays 3 more road games than the SEC even though they have 23 less games overall and two less teams.

- the SEC plays 9, count them 9 road games out of 48 OOC games.

way to sack up boys!

Not going to defend the SEC when it comes to playing road ooc games. Heck I was upset that LSU agreed to give up a home game to play that neutral site game vs North Carolina and next year vs Oregon in Dallas. That's one less tailgate party in Baton Rouge.

Not sure if this is the norm for the SEC but here are a list of some of the tougher ooc games the SEC has or will play this season. Not exactly a who's who list but then again you can't blame many SEC teams since their regular season is arguably the toughest. And that's not including Ole Miss game vs 9-1 Jacksonville State (the deep south's TCU / Boise team) :tup:

FWIW I'm pretty sure Ole Miss opens with Boise next season. :wacko:

Auburn - Clemson

Arkansas - Texas A&M

Bama - Penn State

Florida - Florida State

Georgia - Colorado & Gerogia Tech

Kentuckyy - Louisville

LSU - North Carolina & West Virginia

Miss State - Houston

Ole Miss - Fresno State

South Carolina - Clemson

Tennessee - Oregon

Vanderbilt - Northwestern & Wake Forest

Edited by Rockerbraves

complete ignorance.

#1 and #6 played absolutely no one non conference. only 1 ranked team Zona played a team ranked today. So save the non conference crap.

And Oregon St just lost to 1-9 Wash St. Not many 1-9 teams in the SEC. Oregon St proved to be complete chit, and will be 4-8 at seasons end. When you cant even beat the doormats of your own doormat conference, how can you spew they can beat SEC teams.

Your fun facts are so off the wall, they are not even relevant anymore.

He's not saying OSU swaps BSU and TCU for games against SEC teams. He's saying they swap those games for the types of OOC games SEC teams play.

And again, it's fair enough to point to the fact that Stanford and Oregon haven't played anyone OOC. However, don't do so if your intent is to prop any other top 10 team. Because the only top 10 team with an OOC win vs a top 20 team is BSU. So, that's all a wash because none of the top teams from any of the major conferences can point to a solid OOC win.

complete ignorance.

#1 and #6 played absolutely no one non conference. only 1 ranked team Zona played a team ranked today. So save the non conference crap.

And Oregon St just lost to 1-9 Wash St. Not many 1-9 teams in the SEC. Oregon St proved to be complete chit, and will be 4-8 at seasons end. When you cant even beat the doormats of your own doormat conference, how can you spew they can beat SEC teams.

Your fun facts are so off the wall, they are not even relevant anymore.

can you do me a favor and give me a list of all your user names?

I want to make sure when I use the ignore function on you, I cover all my bases.

just waste of time I can never get back - just can't take your idiotic, hate filled rants

TIA

Not going to defend the SEC when it comes to playing road ooc games. Heck I was upset that LSU agreed to give up a home game to play that neutral site game vs North Carolina and next year vs Oregon in Dallas. That's one less tailgate party in Baton Rouge.

Not sure if this is the norm for the SEC but here are a list of some of the tougher ooc games the SEC has or will play this season. Not exactly a who's who list but then again you can't blame many SEC teams since their regular season is arguably the toughest. And that's not including Ole Miss game vs 9-1 Jacksonville State (the deep south's TCU / Boise team) :tup:

FWIW I'm pretty sure Ole Miss opens with Boise next season. :wacko:

Auburn - Clemson - Top 25 team pretty much every year

Arkansas - Texas A&M - Has been a doormat for the better part of a decade, but coming into their own

Bama - Penn State - Pretty solid team

Florida - Florida State - Getting better

Georgia - Colorado & Gerogia Tech - GT Pretty much top 25 in the past few years

Kentuckyy - Louisville - In state rivalry

LSU - North Carolina & West Virginia - Both pretty decentteams

Miss State - Houston - Sucks

Ole Miss - Fresno State - Sucks

South Carolina - Clemson - See #1

Tennessee - Oregon - Tennessee sucks

Vanderbilt - Northwestern & Wake Forest - Some smart freaking kids in these games.

Because these OOC schedules are made years in advance does not mean that these teams are scheduling easy OOC teams. Clemson is having a bad season, Tech is having a bad season, FSU an ok season, WV bad season, UNC bad season... etc...

not a bad little run you guys hav had tho......a rebuilding year is good for the soul

It would be unfair to complain. If in 2000, I was asked if it would be acceptable for Florida to win 2 BCS Natl Championships (and 2 NCAA basketball championships) in the next decade, the answer would have been a resounding yes.

Wildcat, sorry but it's not crazy talk to say that a Cam Newton-led Auburn team who has already ran circles around, Mississippi State, South Carolina, Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia already would also run circles around an Oregon team that has been lit up by Stanford and USC already neither of which are as dominant as Auburn. It also isn't far-fetched to say that regardless of past history, no team that has ever been in the category of "truly great" would've ever gone into Cal, and laid an egg like that. You think the 05 Longhorns or 95 Cornhuskers or 01 Hurricanes would've had any problem lighting THIS years Cal team up on any field? Come on man. Glad you acknowledged that out of ALL of those ranked opponents the Pac 10 has played, only 1 win. Unfortunately, it was against my Hawkeyes in a tightly contested football game at home. BTW, I can tell you, Iowa isn't that good. They are capable of competing with anyone, but they are a severely flawed team. Point is, whoopty-do, if you play and lose to ranked teams. I want to know if you played and beat ranked teams at the end of the season. Bottom line is Oregon State isn't a good team at all. I've been saying that for several weeks now, and my hope is you will finally acknowledge that fact. They may not even be bowl eligible. Bowl eligibility is not a tough thing to accomplish. Mediocre teams become bowl eligible. Please name me some good teams or even above average teams that weren't? .500 record is all it takes. That tells me that the Pac 10 has a lot of below average teams. Regardless of non-conference scheduling. Some credit should go to the Pac 10 for doing that, but respect is earned with Wins, not losses. You contradict your argument when you turn around and pimp Boise State for not playing ANYONE. Va Tech STILL doesn't have a really nice win of their own. North Carolina is probably their best win so far, and the ACC did play a tough non-conference schedule overall. There top teams... Va Tech beat by Boise, Cryami blasted by Ohio State, Florida State destroyed by Oklahoma, Clemson beat by Auburn, Ga Tech beat by Kansas etc etc etc. Are we supposed to drool over the ACC for strong scheduling despite getting whooped on in those games? Didn't think so.

Edit: and North Carolina got beat by LSU. Sorry Rocker, I didnt mention them the first time.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

would also run circles around an Oregon team that has been lit up by Stanford and USC

It's comments like this that makes me shake my head :wacko:Oregon was lit up by both USC and Stanford yet they beat both teams by 21 points, outgained them by well over 200 yards and both opponents had to throw the ball 46 and 49 times just to try to keep up. Say what you want about USC, despite their probation, they are still a pretty good team and Stanford will have the top QB in the draft and is a very good team. Yet, they "lit up" Oregon? We all know that when a team is blowing out another team by 24+ points they do lose some intensity on defense and complacency sets in. That's what happened to Oregon a few times this year. Their defense is better than what the country gives them credit for. The 3 games that Oregon played this year where they were tested ..... USC in the first quarter and a half, Stanford in the first half and Cal for the entire game, Oregons defense stepped up and shut the other team down. That's a truer barometer of a defense.

Edited by theprofessor

Never Zona.

/quote]

That same Zona team would beat 7-8 Big 12 teams. And this from the same guy who said after Boise State beat Virginia Tech on the road that VTech would lose several games this year and wouldn't see the Top 25 :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

It's comments like this that makes me shake my head :wacko:Oregon was lit up by both USC and Stanford yet they beat both teams by 21 points, outgained them by well over 200 yards and both opponents had to throw the ball 46 and 49 times just to try to keep up. Say what you want about USC, despite their probation, they are still a pretty good team and Stanford will have the top QB in the draft and is a very good team. Yet, they "lit up" Oregon? We all know that when a team is blowing out another team by 24+ points they do lose some intensity on defense and complacency sets in. That's what happened to Oregon a few times this year. Their defense is better than what the country gives them credit for. The 3 games that Oregon played this year where they were tested ..... USC in the first quarter and a half, Stanford in the first half and Cal for the entire game, Oregons defense stepped up and shut the other team down. That's a truer barometer of a defense.

I'm not discrediting Oregon, as much as giving credit to Auburn. Auburn and Cam Newton will drill Oregon if they square off. That is my prediction. Auburn has 3 tests left... 1. Alabama obviously 2. SEC Championship Game rematch with South Carolina 3. Cam Newtons eligibility. Of the 3 teams that they could face for the MNC, (Oregon, Boise, and TCU, pending all 3 of them run through the remaining patsies on there schedules) Auburn will drill all of them. Again, you don't have to like my prediciton, but it's my prediction nonetheless. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong like Pac 10 fans last year who basically told me to mortgage my house, wife and kids and lay it all on the line on Oregon vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I doubt it, but maybe?

I'm not discrediting Oregon, as much as giving credit to Auburn. Auburn and Cam Newton will drill Oregon if they square off. That is my prediction. Auburn has 3 tests left... 1. Alabama obviously 2. SEC Championship Game rematch with South Carolina 3. Cam Newtons eligibility. Of the 3 teams that they could face for the MNC, (Oregon, Boise, and TCU, pending all 3 of them run through the remaining patsies on there schedules) Auburn will drill all of them. Again, you don't have to like my prediciton, but it's my prediction nonetheless. Who knows, maybe I'll be wrong like Pac 10 fans last year who basically told me to mortgage my house, wife and kids and lay it all on the line on Oregon vs Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. I doubt it, but maybe?

I'm cool with your prediction, it's how you get there that confuses me? Auburn has been impressive, no doubt and I would love to see the matchup between Oregon and Auburn but somethings telling me that we won't see it? Ohio State played a great bowl game last year. I remember watching it in the pool on the cruise ship we were on over the holidays. Great times! The Buckeyes were impressive and controlled that game most of the way but please, there's a huge difference between this years Oregon model and last years.

Aub offense is loaded, Cam is a freak no doubt- the AUb Defense? pathetic - Oregon has a MUCH better defense - please tell me you agree with this........ and that would be the difference, I think the Ducks would/will beat Aub by 10+. Listen, CAL has been schizo- but there is n arguing they have been a freaking beast at home- won every games this year by 30+ and had beaten ORegon 3 times in a row there! So Oregon survived and got out with the W - are you implying all these national title teams rolled every week?? not a chance in hell

Brian, about the 30th time you have mentioned last years Rose Bowl - which has to do with what exactly?

your point on bowl eligibilty is laughable, again, if this piss poor Oreg State team played a soft non conference, they would 6-3 - what about this is hard to understand? there are tons of bad teams that are bowl eligible - doesn't mean they are actually any good.

all I needed to know about the Big 10 was the ASU/Wisky game- the Devils went into Madison and punched Wisky in the mouth and were easily the better football team - Wisky escaped by a late PAT hitting the crossbar-

we can play this all day long- I still find it unreal that someone as smart as you doesn't give any credit to the implications of playing 1 extra conference game + the toughest non conference slate by far would have on rankings and bowl-eligible teams........

Aub offense is loaded, Cam is a freak no doubt- the AUb Defense? pathetic - Oregon has a MUCH better defense - please tell me you agree with this........ and that would be the difference, I think the Ducks would/will beat Aub by 10+. Listen, CAL has been schizo- but there is n arguing they have been a freaking beast at home- won every games this year by 30+ and had beaten ORegon 3 times in a row there! So Oregon survived and got out with the W - are you implying all these national title teams rolled every week?? not a chance in hell

Brian, about the 30th time you have mentioned last years Rose Bowl - which has to do with what exactly?

your point on bowl eligibilty is laughable, again, if this piss poor Oreg State team played a soft non conference, they would 6-3 - what about this is hard to understand? there are tons of bad teams that are bowl eligible - doesn't mean they are actually any good.

all I needed to know about the Big 10 was the ASU/Wisky game- the Devils went into Madison and punched Wisky in the mouth and were easily the better football team - Wisky escaped by a late PAT hitting the crossbar- we can play this all day long- I still find it unreal that someone as smart as you doesn't give any credit to the implications of playing 1 extra conference game + the toughest non conference slate by far would have on rankings and bowl-eligible teams........

No Oregon St wouldnt be 6-3, 2 other chumps like wash st would have rolled them. Just shut that crap up.

edit to add again, Cal did not beat every team at home thus far, besides Oregon by 30+, didnt beat UCLA by 30 at home, and wont beat Stanford by 30 either. So they beat 3 doormats, Colorado, UC davis and ASU by 30+ . Can you please clean up your facts, it just discredits every post, when you embelish and get caught over and over.

And you just dont get it, you continue to roll the same crap out here, SOS non confernece, 1 extra conference game. Guess what, oregon Sts extra non conference game was 1-9 Wash St and they rolled their ass worse than either TCU or Boise. I find it unreal you pimp this non conference crap, when it doesnt pertain to any of the bowl eligible teams, lone 1 victory over #20 Iowa, and the teams that did play tough non conference, Oregon St gets rolled by the doormat of the conference at home. how can you justify Oregon St would be 6-3, when they cant even defend their home turf against one of the worst teams in the country.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=302610275

Wisky had 5 more 1st downs, 60 more passing yards, 25 more rushing yards, controlled the clock for 6 more minutes and blocked an extra point, while giving up a 97 yard TD on special teams and won the game. Name one stat that proved Zona St was the better team. Just pure ignorance to even spout this crap. I swear you will post anything, regardless how clueless it turns out to be, and in this case, just lie through your teeth hoping no one calls you out on it.

edit to add: not hitting the cross bar you liar. From the link provided -Cameron Marshall 2 Yd Run (Pat Blocked)

I would say I find it unreal you dont get what people are tellng you, but I really dont. You prove to be clueless over and over, and post complete lies and garbage like the 2 statements above about Oregon St and Wisky/ASU game.

Edited by Living the Dream

So you're arguing that Oregon has a better defense than LSU? Miss State? Heck Georgia? South Carolina? Are you really serious about this wildcat. And you keep bringing up the Arizona State game. IT WAS A LOSS! You're gonna pimp Oregon beating below .500 Cal scoring 1 offensive td, AND pimp Arizona State LOSING at Wisconsin, with Wisconsin playing there absolute worst game of the year? This is just too funny. You have any more laughs for me before I head off to bed tonight? And as for those great teams I mentioned... I dare you to find me a game where the 95 Huskers were even challenged. 01 Miami basically had 1 close game, and it was to Virginia Tech, who actually, you know, was above .500. A more recent example, is the Longhorns, who IMO were the last truly great team we've seen...

September 3, 2005 No. 2 Louisiana-Lafayette W 60–3 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium

September 10, 2005 No. 2 @ No. 4 Ohio State W 25–22 Ohio Stadium, Columbus, Ohio

September 17, 2005 No. 2 Rice W 51–10 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium

October 1, 2005 No. 2 @ Missouri W 51–20 Faurot Field, Columbia, Missouri

October 8, 2005 No. 2 vs. Oklahoma W 45–12 Red River Rivalry, Cotton Bowl, Dallas, Texas

October 15, 2005 No. 2 No. 24 Colorado W 42–17 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium

October 22, 2005 No. 2 No. 10 Texas Tech W 52–17 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium

October 29, 2005 No. 2 @ Oklahoma State W 47–28 Boone Pickens Stadium, Stillwater, Oklahoma

November 5, 2005 No. 2 @ Baylor W 62–0 Floyd Casey Stadium, Waco, Texas

November 12, 2005 No. 2 Kansas W 66–14 Darrell K. Royal – Texas Memorial Stadium

November 25, 2005 No. 2 @ Texas A&M W 40–29 Lone Star Showdown, Kyle Field, College Station, Texas

December 3, 2005 No. 2 vs. Colorado W 70–3 Big 12 Championship Game, Reliant Stadium, Houston, Texas

January 4, 2006 No. 2 vs. No. 1 USC W 41–38 † 2006 Rose Bowl, BCS National Championship, Pasadena, California

So lets see, there closest game was AT Ohio State, who finished #4. Other than that they weren't even touched, besides the Rose Bowl against USC who finished #2, and was touted as the greatest team ever by the hype machine known as ESPN a month leading up to the game.

And I bring up the Ohio State game again and again, because last years Oregon's team was running up similar stats week in and week out, and then ran into a team that actually plays defense. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. I've seen all I need to see from this years Duck team. I'm just trying to set a nice soft fluffy landing for you delusional Pac 10 fans. It is gonna be uggggggly. But maybe you'll get lucky and Cam will be ruled ineligible. That is really Oregon's best chance. I personally think TCU and Boise flatten them too, but I just don't think those teams deserve to be there, but that is neither here nor there. Reality is if Auburn slips, then it is gonna be one of those teams more than likely.

Brian, I know it is late, but your reading comprehension is not good. I said Oregon has a better defense than Auburn- which is all that matters - why are you bringing up other SEC teams?? makes zero sense ..

I appreciate the list of some one the best teams of the past 20 years, but please show me where I said that?? yer getting carried away partner, I never ever claimed they were one of the GOAT - I am just simply stating they are the best team THIS YEAR - never one time did I compare them to the 95 huskers or 01 Canes - yer way off the tracks

digging into Auburn games tho I find it funny you are hating on a hard fought win @ Cal - when Auburn had 3 point wins over a mediocre Miss State(sorry, not buying it ) and Clemson at home no less, and beat Kentucky by 3... yet somehow Oregon is now a fraud bc they had an off day??

I still give credit for the Aub wins and have no issue with them beng #2 - yet somehow Oregon is a fraud after a hard fought conference win in a TOUGH TOUGH place to play -

but ur delusional if u think Auburn blows out Oregon- based on what exactly?? llet me guess, ast years Rose Bowl

ridiculous - ur Pac 10 jealousy is rearing it's ugly head.

ETA - so are you actually implying that ORegon would struggle against the stout Auburn defense??? :wacko:

good stuff

Edited by wildcat2334

wildcat, I'm saying that those teams wouldn't struggle to beat a crappy team like Cal. Cal just isn't that good. I bring up the SEC teams, because all of those teams have better defenses than Oregon, IMO, can Cam ran circles around them. Once agian wildcat, consider this a courtasy, so you don't fall into the same trap you fell into last year, which I can see is a futile effort on my part. I'm just making a prediction, and for your sake I hope I'm wrong.

Auburn will destroy Oregon if they play. It's really not gonna be pretty. Certainly not as silly as saying Oregon will destroy Ohio State.

BTW, Pac 10 jealousy is pretty funny. You didn't disappoint me wildcat, you keep right on coming with the jokes.

all I needed to know about the Big 10 was the ASU/Wisky game- the Devils went into Madison and punched Wisky in the mouth and were easily the better football team - Wisky escaped by a late PAT hitting the crossbar-

:wacko: