[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Law of Gus Johnson

bostonsoxandy

Bill Simons on the Law of Gus in his Week 10 pick column:

"The Law of Gus Johnson is sweeping the nation: He's called four straight weeks of games that were genuinely exciting (Jets-Lions, Bills-Chiefs, Bengals-Falcons, Chiefs-Texans) and this battle between two David Lee teams (all offense, no defense) looks like No. 5.

I keep mentioning the Law of Gus without ever really defining it, so let's do it right now. If Gus Johnson is calling an NFL game, the odds quintuple that (A) the lead will change hands in the fourth quarter; (:wacko: someone will complete a long pass in a big moment that will make Gus' voice hit an octave only dogs can hear; and © the game will go into overtime or at least come damned close. It seems impossible that the mere presence of an announcer would alter the course of the game, but here's my theory: I think God sits in his Man Cave on Sundays and says, "Which game is that Gus Johnson calling? I get a kick out of that guy. I think I'll make his game exciting and see if he completely loses his mind."

Can you call Bill Simmons the absolute man or what? It's so true as well, now 5 straight genuinely exciting games:

Jets-Lions, Overtime

Bills-Chiefs, Overtime

Bengals-Falcons-32-39 final, down to final few seconds

Chiefs-Texans-Andre Johnson Game-Winning TD Catch Under 30 Secs Left to take lead

Texans-Jaguars-Last Second 50 Yard Hail Mary Game-Winning TD!

I love Bill Simmons and the Law of Gus. Anyone know who he is announcing next week?

Bill Simons on the Law of Gus in his Week 10 pick column:

"The Law of Gus Johnson is sweeping the nation: He's called four straight weeks of games that were genuinely exciting (Jets-Lions, Bills-Chiefs, Bengals-Falcons, Chiefs-Texans) and this battle between two David Lee teams (all offense, no defense) looks like No. 5.

I keep mentioning the Law of Gus without ever really defining it, so let's do it right now. If Gus Johnson is calling an NFL game, the odds quintuple that (A) the lead will change hands in the fourth quarter; (:wacko: someone will complete a long pass in a big moment that will make Gus' voice hit an octave only dogs can hear; and © the game will go into overtime or at least come damned close. It seems impossible that the mere presence of an announcer would alter the course of the game, but here's my theory: I think God sits in his Man Cave on Sundays and says, "Which game is that Gus Johnson calling? I get a kick out of that guy. I think I'll make his game exciting and see if he completely loses his mind."

Can you call Bill Simmons the absolute man or what? It's so true as well, now 5 straight genuinely exciting games:

Jets-Lions, Overtime

Bills-Chiefs, Overtime

Bengals-Falcons-32-39 final, down to final few seconds

Chiefs-Texans-Andre Johnson Game-Winning TD Catch Under 30 Secs Left to take lead

Texans-Jaguars-Last Second 50 Yard Hail Mary Game-Winning TD!

I love Bill Simmons and the Law of Gus. Anyone know who he is announcing next week?

Yep. And all those games (or most of them) were anticipated to be crap to watch. Might be something to this.

I know whatever region he gets in the NCAA tourney is usually the one with the most exciting games!