[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate Fantasy Football

dsagen

Steelers lay a -7 for me...... Bill Belichick benches Aaron Hernandez........ and as I turn my TV on to watch the game tonight, I am told by Chucky that ryan Torrain can't loosen up.

I will be losing by 2 points tonight, and all hope is gone for the playoffs.

Why do I do this every year?

That's really too bad, sounds like my year last year. Broken players, starting players that don't play, loosing by miniscule points and leaving huge points on the bench. No fun at all. You know what I did? I fired my entire FFB coaching staff. This year is therefore much different, 1st place in both my local leagues (going to win and take over 1st due to Akers long field goal at the end of half!!!). Buck up camper, next year can only get better.

Tonight is why I play. Down by 50 with Wallce having one catch at halftime last night. My oppenent has Mcoy. He sends the email. I will wait to reply until after the game since I have Vick (in case Mcoy puts up 30 in the 4th). Sure beats watching the Lions every week. :wacko:

Torrain, Addai, Portis, and K Smith were my options.

If you're down two points and HAVE to win to make the playoffs (and rosters aren't locked after first game Thursday night), you drop Torrain or Portis for someone like Armstrong (or anyone, really) who's still not locked. Who cares if you drop one of those two, unless winning the consolation bracket really matters.

Saw where you're a fan of the Browns. Go pick up Hillis. You'll thank me later.

BAH.....Hillis is a one week wonder and he plays for Cleveland!! (that is what I was told when I picked him up after that "one" week....)

:wacko:

Steelers lay a -7 for me...... Bill Belichick benches Aaron Hernandez........ and as I turn my TV on to watch the game tonight, I am told by Chucky that ryan Torrain can't loosen up.

I will be losing by 2 points tonight, and all hope is gone for the playoffs.

Why do I do this every year?

You need to stop doing what your wife tells you to do.

Ah, but then you're in the dog pound. Stinks to be you! :wacko:

Torrain, Addai, Portis, and K Smith were my options.

Is this your first year in FFB? Of your 4 RB's you have a Lion & 2 Shanny RB's. And true to form you were relying on one of your 2 Shanny RB's to win and he started a 3rd option. God I miss Terrell Davis.

Edited by Jrick35

I drafted Ryan Grant in the second.

The frustrating part last night was that an hour before gametime, I checked an "Unnamed" website I paid $20 for my FF insight. This "Unnamed"website stated "Ryan Torain is active vs. Philadelphia. " Was I supposed to ignore this statement?

Anyone else out there frustrated? Buehler? Buehler?

The frustrating part last night was that an hour before gametime, I checked an "Unnamed" website I paid $20 for my FF insight. This "Unnamed"website stated "Ryan Torain is active vs. Philadelphia. " Was I supposed to ignore this statement?

were they incorrect? no. you know full well what you're getting into when you rely on a Shanny RB - don't blame a website for reporting accurate information.

Snooping out fantasy news is like snooping out a newspaper story. Always try to get two sources to confirm. I got tripped up with Torain last night as well, I was busy writing instead of watching pregame or the message boards. The bad part was I had Williams if needed, I just never found out I needed him. I DROPPED THE BALL. I was not paying close enough attention and doing my due diligence before the game started. That's on me. Just because one source told me "active" that doesn't let me off the hook, because finding out this information is my responsibility as an owner.

Luckily in my case I narrowly avoided disaster with Torain's goose-egg, but if I had lost, that would just be the breaks. Oh, I would have hated myself and everything around me for a few days like you, but I would have overcome. So shall you.