[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick # 1 Pick in 2011?

buddydog

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vick has definatly showed that he is still an elite QB. He is basically a younger McNabb and fits into the Eagles offence perfectly. He definatly has put up the numbers this year to show that he is without a doubt a Top 5 QB.

The Top 5 QBs IMO (and in no particular order)

Peyton Manning

Michael Vick

Phillip Rivers

Tom Brady

Kyle Orton

I'm also looking at this from a fantasy perpective. These guys have put up the best numbers and have veen really consistant. For next years draft I would have to look at who's got the most weapons at his disposal. Right now Rivers and Manning are making due with what they have. It willl be and interesting off season to say the least

I wouldn't take him for zero dollars.

A dog raper, murderer, abuser....

I'd rather lose then have that piece of cr8p on my team.

If justice were done, he'd be in prison for another 7-8 years.

+1 Guy should still be picking up the soap in prison. He's a disgusting animal.

Didn't vick play half of a Green Bay game and then full games against Detroit, Jacksonville, and a partial against Washington? Then we came back healthy, he played Washington again? Detroit, Jacksonville, and Washington are pretty friendly grounds for QBs. :wacko: I'd like to see him play a few better defenses before I really get on the Vick train.

+1 Guy should still be picking up the soap in prison. He's a disgusting animal.

I can respect anyones opinion on the severity of what Vick did, however, Vick served his time and vowed to be a better person. If he betters himself, you not willing to offer him a second chance? Do you condem Stallworth for making a HUGE mistake?

You guys are equating what Vick did (which is wrong what he did mind you) as to a rapist or child molester which he is not. I'm an animal lover myself and was disgusted with what he did but people make mistakes and its what he does with his second chance that will define him as a man. People who are not willing to figive a man who is trying to right his mistakes is no better than the man who Vick was before jail!

I can respect anyones opinion on the severity of what Vick did, however, Vick served his time and vowed to be a better person. If he betters himself, you not willing to offer him a second chance? Do you condem Stallworth for making a HUGE mistake?

You guys are equating what Vick did (which is wrong what he did mind you) as to a rapist or child molester which he is not. I'm an animal lover myself and was disgusted with what he did but people make mistakes and its what he does with his second chance that will define him as a man. People who are not willing to figive a man who is trying to right his mistakes is no better than the man who Vick was before jail!

I respect your opinion, but I'm still hoping to outlive the guy and they bury him here so I can take a massive dump on his grave for what he did to those pups. The animal abuse laws in this state (as in most) are a joke. He should be getting raped tonight in prison instead of making millions on a football field. My only hope is Vick is such an idiot that he'll probably end up back there for what people will consider a "real" crime this time.

I respect your opinion, but I'm still hoping to outlive the guy and they bury him here so I can take a massive dump on his grave for what he did to those pups. The animal abuse laws in this state (as in most) are a joke. He should be getting raped tonight in prison instead of making millions on a football field. My only hope is Vick is such an idiot that he'll probably end up back there for what people will consider a "real" crime this time.

Then in my opinion, your no better a human being than he was. :wacko:

Are you seriously comparing Vick's intentional mistreatment, torture, and brutal murder of animals for the express purpose of entertainment to a guy running in front of Stallworth's car and accidently getting killed? I know Stallworth blew a 0.126 - and I'm not excusing him by any means, but that's hardly ####-faced drunk and the guy contributed in a large way to his own death.

Wow. Just wow.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Then in my opinion, your no better a human being than he was. :wacko:

Whatever...like I care about your opinion. You must not know what Vick did to those animals. He is a filthy animal lowlife that would be in prison if states had any backbone to convict people of crimes and keep them there.

Whatever...like I care about your opinion. You must not know what Vick did to those animals. He is a filthy animal lowlife that would be in prison if states had any backbone to convict people of crimes and keep them there.

I know exactly what Vick did to those animals and I was appalled as well but I'm also a man who thinks a person can better themselves and should be afforded a second chance.

I just think that people who are not willing to forgive have as much issues as many of those who perpetrate. Maybe there is some underlying issues deep that cause such resentment?

I just think that people who are not willing to forgive have as much issues as many of those who perpetrate. Maybe there is some underlying issues deep that cause such resentment?

Yes, I love my dogs more than almost every person on this planet. They are better creatures than most people in today's society. :wacko:

If Stallworth's drunk ass is heading at Michael Vick and my dogs and I could only save one....well, the Eagles will be okay with Kolb.

Edited by TimC

I know exactly what Vick did to those animals and I was appalled as well but I'm also a man who thinks a person can better themselves and should be afforded a second chance.

Is it your understanding that the dogfighting/torturing/killing ring that Vick pimped was his first transgression?

Do a google search for Mexico, Ron for starters.

Vick committed a pretty heinous crime and did the time prescribed by our society - get over it. You really think going to jail had no impact on this guy? You think he wants to go back again and lose everything that he's worked to get back in his life? He's got a lot to lose (a lot more than 99.9% of criminals and ex-cons in this country) and I think our correctional program showed him that. I really think he's a changed man.

I honestly think that so much of this venom being spit at the guy is petty jealousy. He did some seriously f'd up stuff and he's still making more money that they are, so people get their panties in a bunch. He paid his debt to society. You may not agree with the sentence or whatever but it is what it is. Get pissed at the system if you're going to get pissed at anything - Vick, like everyone else, deserved a second chance and he's making the most of it.

I agree that Vick deserves a second chance like everyone else who pays their debt to society. I do feel he was singled out because he was high-profile. I would not have a problem with him getting a longer sentence if anyone else in this part of the country was ever prosecuted for similar crimes.

To compare him to a child molester is a bit extreme, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Do a google search for Mexico, Ron for starters.

is this a joke? you have any idea how many people who have herpes don't tell peeps who they're with? is it right? hell no, but it's not anywhere in the same zip code as the other transgressions we're talking about here.

Yes, I love my dogs more than almost every person on this planet. They are better creatures than most people in today's society. :wacko:

If Stallworth's drunk ass is heading at Michael Vick and my dogs and I could only save one....well, the Eagles will be okay with Kolb.

man isnt this 1st statement so true.

The second is the funniest thing Ive read on these boards.

is this a joke? you have any idea how many people who have herpes don't tell peeps who they're with? is it right? hell no, but it's not anywhere in the same zip code as the other transgressions we're talking about here.

I said start there.

Stealing a watch at airport security? The secret compartment in the water bottle? Flipping off fans? Blowing off scheduled events, including lobbying before Congress as well as a kid's football camp.

Some people seem to want the circumstances of Vick's life seem like a a single unfortunate instance where he got caught up in dogfighting. Vick has been a scum bag for a good part of his life, and he was the leader and the bank roll of the dogfighting ring.

There's no question his QB play has improved. Maybe getting buggered regularly for a couple of years in the slam does that for a person. But that doesn't mean Visk is suddenly credible as a human being. If people want to hold a grudge, I'd say there's enough evidence to support those that think of him as a habitual lowlife.

Just because he got off really easy on the dogfighting doesn't preclude people from thinking that his getting this kind of golden opportunity yet again as being unjust or unreasonable.

Stealing a watch at airport security? The secret compartment in the water bottle? Flipping off fans? Blowing off scheduled events, including lobbying before Congress as well as a kid's football camp.

Again, none of these are even remotely in the same ZIP Code as the dog killing. Flipping off fans? Completely justifiable in most cases - fans act like idiots. Josh Gordon at the airport? Come on - that was stupid . . . not morally bankrupt. Who here hasn't smoked Josh Gordon? Blowing off scheduled events? Half the people I know do this on a regular basis. He just gets crap for it because he's in the spotlight. I don't know anything about the watch stealing - never heard that one before.

Some people seem to want the circumstances of Vick's life seem like a a single unfortunate instance where he got caught up in dogfighting. Vick has been a scum bag for a good part of his life, and he was the leader and the bank roll of the dogfighting ring.

Who has said anything about Vick's circumstances being "unfortunate"? Everything he's done has been 100% his fault and nobody else's. He threw away everything he had in a stupid, ridiculous and criminal fashion. Unfortunate for the dogs, yeah.

There's no question his QB play has improved. Maybe getting buggered regularly for a couple of years in the slam does that for a person. But that doesn't mean Visk is suddenly credible as a human being. If people want to hold a grudge, I'd say there's enough evidence to support those that think of him as a habitual lowlife.

So you don't believe that people can be successfully rehabilitated in jail? Have you seen/read anything reprehensible that he's done since being out? You know he's being watched like a hawk. Until something else comes out, I have no issue with the guy. Would I invite him over for cereal? No - but he's paid his debts as far as I'm concerned.

Just because he got off really easy on the dogfighting doesn't preclude people from thinking that his getting this kind of golden opportunity yet again as being unjust or unreasonable.

He got off easy? They made an example out of him - he didn't get off easy at all.

I don't like drafting QBs early but I'm sure there will be owners taking the chance next year. To me he is too much of a risk to get injured because of his playing style. He needs to realize he's not on a crappy Falcons team with no playmakers around him. He dives headfirst when he can slide, throws his body into harm's way even when the first down is already made. He takes punishment like a RB but isn't built like one, and already has a long history of getting injured and now is in his 30's. I don't like burning an early round pick on a guy who is such a huge risk to miss games.

but he's paid his debts as far as I'm concerned.

So that's the only correct position, right?

He got off easy? They made an example out of him - he didn't get off easy at all.

Yeah, he got off easy. It was his operation. He was Mr. Big. The heinousness of the acts coupled with his status in the dogfighting ring would seem to indicate that he got off pretty lightly - like he has in other acts in his life.

Kordell Stewart

WOW :wacko:

Same thought went through my head! :tup:

ETA:

He has paid his debt. He did get off easy. He still has a LOOOOOOONG way to prove that he is no longer a scumbag.

BUT. It was a hell of a performance!

Edited by McBoog