[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Victory Points MFL

MrTed46

In 4 of the 10 weeks of fantasy football, in my local league, the high scorer played the second highest scorer. Thats 40%! I know that's probably very rare but it can happen. This year we implemeted the 6th playoff spot being total points scorer. I am thinking of getting rid of that and using a victory point system. The top VP of each division, then the remaining best 3 (12 person league).

H2H Wins = 2 Points

H2H ties (rare) = 1 Points

H2H losses = 0 Points

Top 6 Score for week = 1 Points

Bottom 6 Score for week = 0 points

This is up for discussion but anyone have a similar setup?

I am all for any system that allows the 6 best teams make the playoffs. I hate leagues with 4 divisions and the winners get an auto bid. Most times one division winner is no better then 50% , and the 8th or 9th best team in the league.

I was trying to convince a few leagues of mine to implement this.

6 teams to the playoffs

No divisions , H2H matchups

Top 3 teams based on H2H are in, Top 2 based on All Play Record are in (excluding top 3 H2H finishers), and the Top scoring team in (excluding top 3 H2H finishers and Top 2 All Play)

I feel this is the fairest way to help insure the better, more deserving teams go to the playoffs. The "old" division crap doesn't fly to me anymore. After 12 years of running multiple leagues, I see too often crappy division winners advancing over more superior squads. This is a fantasy sport NOT the NFL and we all pay for it, so it's only fair the better teams advance, imo.

This is why I've changed all of my leagues to all play formats. Much less whining from the second highest point scoring team and much more indicative of the better teams.

True, but H2H is stil lfun and I think this sytem adds a sort of balance to it. Although, still not as fair as all play or total point system.

This is how we do it

The FSDL League standings will be determined on a weekly basis by “Victory Points” (VP) instead of wins

and losses.

A team that wins their weekly head to head game will be awarded 2 VPs; in event of a Tie, each team will be awarded 1 VP; and a loss no VP.

League points are also awarded for having high weekly scores accordingly:

1st in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

2nd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

3rd in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPs

4th in weekly fantasy points scored 2 VPS

5th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

6th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

7th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

8th in weekly fantasy points scored 1 VP

9th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

10th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

11th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

12th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

12th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

13th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

14th in weekly fantasy points scored 0 VP

In my example above you get VP's for the a win plus 1 or 2 for points scored ,, that way H2H comes into play but only worth 1/2 of the standings

Edit to add - it's the best of both worlds

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

Fairness, eh? Why not use your league dues to buy every owner a trophy, and have a pizza party at the end of the year?

:wacko:

:tup::tup:

We actually do this in my local ,,, well sort of.

Each year at the draft we vote on a restaurant that the winner has to pick up the tab for out of the winning.

We cap off how much the winner has to cough up @ $800.00 because sometimes the bar bill grows to that much

The after the bill is paid the winner gets the rest. This can be a mighty large pot depending on how many

Trades $30 ea.

Add / Drops = blind bidding $1 to bankroll $300

Taxi squad & IR moves $10 each way

Plus the entry fee $600

14 team league