[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Redskins running back predictiions

ttwarrior4

I would use a top waiver on him, as he appears set to start next weekend at this point. Torain can't seem to get over his hammy issue, and Portis had a setback. Hard to say what's going to happen for the rest of the season, but this has the feel of a clusterfook when all 3 RBs are healthy. I wouldn't think the amount they are paying Portis would factor in. Shanahan will play the guy(s) that he thinks will give his team the best chance to win.

I'd avoid the situation if I were you. What's the old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". These guys fooled a lot of FF owners on Monday night, myself included. These 3 could all be ready to go right when the FF playoffs usually start. That could be a nightmare.

Well, there's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. Or something like that. :wacko:

I picked him up for depth BUT agree. I generally speaking want no part of ShanaRats RB's . That being said IF and thats IF Portis and Torain are both out this week then hes a good start this week. BUT what could happen is you turn the game on and see James Davis have 18 carries for 105 yards and 2 TD's. History repeats itself.

If it wasnt for Best doing nothing and Beanie and Spiller out for me i wouldnt have picked him up BUT need options. Hes better then a ZERO.I just need some depth. I see any RB become avaliable this week.(Say Turner gets injured in practice) I would dump him in a Sec.

Edited by damageinc

Well, there's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. Or something like that. :tup:

:wacko:

I couldn't help thinking of "W" myself when I was writing that.

Folks, Torain reinjured his hamstring prior to the Philly game...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsi...me-to-look.html

Shanahan made the curious decision to have only two running backs active, knowing that Ryan Torain had a bad hamstring. Sure enough, Torain tweaked his hamstring in warm-ups, leaving only Williams.

(Torain, by the way, said after the game he wouldn't know anything about his injury until a doctor looked it over.)

The Redskins typically enter the game with their first 15 or so plays scripted. They apparently didn't change their plan when Williams replaced Torain. The first three offensive plays of the game were all carries by Williams -- something the team has yet to do with either Clinton Portis or Torain.

Sometimes injuries just follow some guys. Torain is one of those guys. If you have some dead weight, you'd be crazy not to snag and hold Williams.