[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MVP momentum?

tazinib1

Yes but this is dedicated to Vick. He's more than likely nailed down the Comeback Player of the Year award. Has there ever been anybody to do both?

Before we get any further, I hate the dude. He's trash...plain and simple. Great, he went to prison, served his time, but he's still the same dude lol. Ya think a couple of years in the clinker is gonna change your mind on dogs? Hell no it won't. But this is about his football freakness.

MVP 2010 --- Michael Vick ----- Huddler

OJ is in the HOF so yes Vick can be a MVP if he deserves it but one game does not make a MVP

This is my issue. He has a looooooooooooooooong way to go before he can be named MVP. He will have to play well in some big games if he is going to win this award. Especially when he is competing against Manning, Rivers, and Brady. Although his schedule is pretty damn easy from here on out.

N.Y. Giants 8:20pm

Nov 28 @Chicago 1:00pm

Dec 2 Houston 8:20pm

Dec 12 @Dallas 8:20pm

Dec 19 @N.Y. Giants 1:00pm

Dec 26 Minnesota 1:00pm

Jan 2 Dallas 1:00pm

OJ is in the HOF so yes Vick can be a MVP if he deserves it but one game does not make a MVP

he was also in the HOF before he decapitated 2 people

The Eagles are undefeated in games he started and finished

:wacko:

He was the number one ranked QB going into Monday night....

That doesn't necessarily make him an MVP though. Manning in 2009 didn't lead any meaningful passing category except 1st downs, and was 6th by QB rating. To me the MVP goes to the guy that means the most to his team and they would be so screwed without him. While Vick may be doing great statistically so far, I don't see him as being the most valuable as Philadelphia could still at least compete with Kolb.

:wacko:

He was the number one ranked QB going into Monday night....

So are we talking about his ranking or that fact that he is the Most Valuable Player ?

If we are talking about ranking for games played lets throw Troy Smith into the talk :tup::tup::lol:

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

So are we talking about his ranking or that fact that he is the Most Valuable Player ?

If we are talking about ranking for games played lets throw Troy Smith into the talk :wacko::tup::lol:

That would be silly since, according to NFL official stats, he doesn't have enough attempts to be even be considered.Vick does, hence he's relevant to any official NFL award. :tup::lol::lol:

Official NFL QB leaders

Yes but this is dedicated to Vick. He's more than likely nailed down the Comeback Player of the Year award. Has there ever been anybody to do both?

Before we get any further, I hate the dude. He's trash...plain and simple. Great, he went to prison, served his time, but he's still the same dude lol. Ya think a couple of years in the clinker is gonna change your mind on dogs? Hell no it won't. But this is about his football freakness.

MVP 2010 --- Michael Vick ----- Huddler

Obviously the buzz in Philly all relates to Vick and the MVP. But I read this great quote in today's Philadelphia Metro and just had to share it:

Arizona's Darnell Dockett put it best when he tweeted: "Vick doing so good, he got dogs cheering for him."

Obviously the buzz in Philly all relates to Vick and the MVP. But I read this great quote in today's Philadelphia Metro and just had to share it:

Arizona's Darnell Dockett put it best when he tweeted: "Vick doing so good, he got dogs cheering for him."

Now that's funny but you know there are some sensitive people that are going to jump on his Azz for the comment even though it was meant to be funny

That doesn't necessarily make him an MVP though. Manning in 2009 didn't lead any meaningful passing category except 1st downs, and was 6th by QB rating. To me the MVP goes to the guy that means the most to his team and they would be so screwed without him. While Vick may be doing great statistically so far, I don't see him as being the most valuable as Philadelphia could still at least compete with Kolb.

I understand your thinking here, but it's not Vick's fault Philly has a good backup. The fact that they could still win without Vick just means they have good depth at QB, nothing more. I'll say this, if Vick continues at this pace he would have to be considered a front runner for MVP by years end. I think Rivers has the best shot if he continues doing what he's doing and the Chargers end up winning the West.

So if a QB has a good backup he can't be named MVP?

Ok let's mention the backup. Only twice in history has the MVP award gone to a player whose team missed the playoffs (Unitas, OJ--thanks NFLN for that one).

With Vick in the lineup and the Eagles make the playoffs, can he be considered? Absolutely. If they miss? No chance.

With Kolb in the lineup, can the Eagles make the playoffs? That's what voters need to ask themselves. I like Kolb's future, but that team looked a lot more like 8-8 with Kolb in there. Kolb's a good kid, but Vick is playing on a different level right now and I think voters will take notice of just how good Philly can be with Vick as the starter.

I understand your thinking here, but it's not Vick's fault Philly has a good backup. The fact that they could still win without Vick just means they have good depth at QB, nothing more. I'll say this, if Vick continues at this pace he would have to be considered a front runner for MVP by years end. I think Rivers has the best shot if he continues doing what he's doing and the Chargers end up winning the West.

well to tell the truth a team can win without a good back up QB or a good starting QB heck without a QB period

lets not forget the year the Ravens won the Superbowl

Edited by MustOfBeenDrunk

I have actually heard from an inside source that he actually has changed a lot. He used to head straight from practice to the club on an almost everyday basis, and hung out exclusively with old friends rather than teammmates. Now he supposedly hangs out with family, a few players on the team, and spends a good portion of time with two coaches actually. He also makes several appearances for the humane society, and visits hospitals and children on his day off. He still has "questionable" friends but doesn't see them a whole lot. I'm not forgiving him here, just mentioning that he at the very least is making a conscious effort to try to change. I start to root for guys like that. This has the potential to end up being a good story.

On the field...I'm a little turned off that he just hasn't played enough. That said, he didn't miss THAT much time, so if he keeps playing rather spectacularly and the Eagles end up with an impressive record, sure, why not? I think because he has missed time, there has to be a margin between him and the next highest candidate. If he is quite a bit better, he probably deserves it.

well to tell the truth a team can win without a good back up QB or a good starting QB heck without a QB period

lets not forget the year the Ravens won the Superbowl

Wee bit tired of this one. That was either the best or 2nd best defense in the history of the NFL, and we may never see a defense like that again. So I would add the caveat, you can win without a QB IF you have the best defense in the history of the NFL. Don't mean to nitpick you, but this one has gotten to me a bit lately, as Seahawks fans are grabbing at straws locally to explain why we don't need better QB play.

Edited by Seahawks21

As the guy that's been touting him the most in the other MVP thread, I just have to say that he's absolutely in the conversation at this point. Which was my whole argument. He's been spectacular in every game he's played and if he keeps it up, he's a shoe-in for MVP. Hell, even if he slips a bit he'll still be the front-runner; he's been THAT good.

Edited by The Next Generation

I have actually heard from an inside source that he actually has changed a lot. He used to head straight from practice to the club on an almost everyday basis, and hung out exclusively with old friends rather than teammmates. Now he supposedly hangs out with family, a few players on the team, and spends a good portion of time with two coaches actually. He also makes several appearances for the humane society, and visits hospitals and children on his day off. He still has "questionable" friends but doesn't see them a whole lot. I'm not forgiving him here, just mentioning that he at the very least is making a conscious effort to try to change. I start to root for guys like that. This has the potential to end up being a good story.

Yup, that's what they're saying. If baffles me that in America, of all places, people are not even willing to consider the possibility that he is reformed. That he sunk to his lowest low and had an epiphany and has turned his life around for the better. Has he? I don't know, but I truly hope he has and IF he has, good for him.

Edited by The Next Generation

There is a huge difference between being "able to compete" and what they have done to opponents in Vick's games. Besides, you can't hold the quality of his backup against him in a vote, that's just a matter of happenstance that they have depth. If Indy signed Warner out of retirement to hold a clipboard no one would say a word about it in the voting.