[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Bust Of The Week

Avernus

:wacko: David....Garrard

Cleveland isn't exactly the laydown the numbers suggest as they have played tough as of late and not to mention it's DAVID FRICKIN' GARRARD who is waiting to screw you over!

don't say I didn't warn you, but the fantasy gods descend upon you and offer a warning through me....he is a false play this week... :tup:

Is this what you hope or what you really think? Because the Eagles know how to throw on the Giants and the Cowboys just lit them up. It's looking pretty good for Vick this week.

If the secondary can play man-to-man for at least the first few seconds of the play I think the DL can contain Vick and probably get a couple of sacks in the process. The Saints used to defend Vick by looking run first every play and let him throw. They didn't necessarily have to go for a sack on every play, just make sure he is contained within the pocket and make him uncomfortable. I know that Vick seems to have evolved as a passer, but let's face it, Washington flat out sucks so I think you can hardly use that game as a gauge. He'll probably have a decent game, but I just don't think he'll be anywhere close to what he's being projected. The Giants D bounces back this week and brings Vick back to earth.

Is this what you hope or what you really think? Because the Eagles know how to throw on the Giants and the Cowboys just lit them up. It's looking pretty good for Vick this week.

I see it as the Giants are pissed after getting tricked by the Cowboys....

I see it as the Giants are pissed after getting tricked by the Cowboys....

Yup and they'll come out fired-up. So, it'll be important for the Eagles to neutralize that and get a lead early. If they do that, they should be able to dictate the game and win. Not saying it'll be easy, but I'm really liking the Eagles chances. Plus, it's national TV time for Vick once again. He won't BUST. May not be awesome like he has been, but won't bust.

If the secondary can play man-to-man for at least the first few seconds of the play I think the DL can contain Vick and probably get a couple of sacks in the process. The Saints used to defend Vick by looking run first every play and let him throw. They didn't necessarily have to go for a sack on every play, just make sure he is contained within the pocket and make him uncomfortable. I know that Vick seems to have evolved as a passer, but let's face it, Washington flat out sucks so I think you can hardly use that game as a gauge. He'll probably have a decent game, but I just don't think he'll be anywhere close to what he's being projected. The Giants D bounces back this week and brings Vick back to earth.

Fair enough. But honestly, this isn't the Vick of his Falcon days. He sits in the pocket very well and is reading his progressions. You can be sure the Eagles will max-protect and Vick will have some success. I agree, not Monday night success, but success nonetheless. 230 yds passing and 2TDs, with another TD rushing seems about right.

Fair enough. But honestly, this isn't the Vick of his Falcon days. He sits in the pocket very well and is reading his progressions. You can be sure the Eagles will max-protect and Vick will have some success. I agree, not Monday night success, but success nonetheless. 230 yds passing and 2TDs, with another TD rushing seems about right.

The Giants have a much better defensive line & secondary than Washington. 220 yds passing, 1 TD, 1 ru TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks & I wouldn't be surprised to see a fumble on one of his runs. Eagles beat the Giants, but on the back of their defense & it's not pretty.

:wacko: David....Garrard

Cleveland isn't exactly the laydown the numbers suggest as they have played tough as of late and not to mention it's DAVID FRICKIN' GARRARD who is waiting to screw you over!

Not against QBs...they have been torched for multiple QB TDs in four straight games...what makes you think they are playing tough against QBs?

That’s the problem with playing against Vick. If you put a safety on Vick, that allows 1 on 1 coverage for either Jackson or Maclin which will = a 50+ yard pass. If you play a cover 2 or 3, Vick will have the open field and their isn't a LB on this planet than can catch Vick.

Vick is a complete game changer at this point with his amazing reformation of his pocket presence and his beautiful passes.

Not against QBs...they have been torched for multiple QB TDs in four straight games...what makes you think they are playing tough against QBs?

no, I mean as a team and I can see them holding Garrard to about 190 and a TD....I never said that QB's have struggled against them because QB's have done well...

I just see an up and coming team going up against a passing game that is a fraud due to recent matchups....

this is the game that Garrard lets you down...

They've allowed allot of TD's but are also ranked (5 way tie) 9th in INT's and if you know what happens when you're able to get in Garrads head.. A bad, bad day for all.

Edited by BearBroncos

The Giants have a much better defensive line & secondary than Washington. 220 yds passing, 1 TD, 1 ru TD, 1 INT, 2 sacks & I wouldn't be surprised to see a fumble on one of his runs. Eagles beat the Giants, but on the back of their defense & it's not pretty.

Could be. Just remember, he went 17/29 for 218 1 TD with 1 rush TD against the Colts and was NFC offensive player of the week. That doesn't = BUST. I do think he will finally throw his first pick this week, though. The Giants secondary can be beat, though, and the Eagles know exactly how to exploit them. If he gets any kind of consistent time, it's over.

Could be. Just remember, he went 17/29 for 218 1 TD with 1 rush TD against the Colts and was NFC offensive player of the week. That doesn't = BUST. I do think he will finally throw his first pick this week, though. The Giants secondary can be beat, though, and the Eagles know exactly how to exploit them. If he gets any kind of consistent time, it's over.

In fantasy terms, when you consider where he is being projected I think it does. He'll end up middle-of-the-pack at best this week IMO and I think a lot of people who own him in their fantasy leagues and are expecting the big payoff will be kicking themselves for not starting the QB that they drafted over him.

In fantasy terms, when you consider where he is being projected I think it does. He'll end up middle-of-the-pack at best this week IMO and I think a lot of people who own him in their fantasy leagues and are expecting the big payoff will be kicking themselves for not starting the QB that they drafted over him.

Kolb....hardly! :wacko: Vick is gold every week. Least amount of pts for a whole game in my league = 24 pts (Indy) and even you're projecting similar stats. I really think you underestimate his game.

Anyone expecting a huge game from Vick deserves to get burned. I have no doubt that he'll get his against the Giants though - in particular, I expect him to amass a fair amount of rushing yards.