[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Bust Of The Week

Avernus

:wacko: David....Garrard

Cleveland isn't exactly the laydown the numbers suggest as they have played tough as of late and not to mention it's DAVID FRICKIN' GARRARD who is waiting to screw you over!

don't say I didn't warn you, but the fantasy gods descend upon you and offer a warning through me....he is a false play this week... :tup:

I'd happily take an average 200 yds/2 TDs/1 INT this week from the 2nd rated QB in the league right now. Against the #23 pass D in the league I don't see how you foresee a bust this week for Garrard.

as an Eagle fan, I hope not but I hope he gets shut down and we still win because I play him this week...

but really, I don't care what happens as long as Eagles win....I just hope for a perfect storm :tup:

I have it just as bad , I have him on MY team , I am a Giant Fan and I have the NYG Def. :wacko:

I think he will do fine , but he won't have another week like last week ( I think/pray)

I'd happily take an average 200 yds/2 TDs/1 INT this week from the 2nd rated QB in the league right now. Against the #23 pass D in the league I don't see how you foresee a bust this week for Garrard.

I see less than 200 with 1 TD and 1-2 INT....I have never seen Garrard have a 3 game stretch like this and I don't expect to see one now...

I'm not sure how anyone can look at Vick and the Eagles and peg Vick as a bust this week. Minus the first WAS game, he's a shade over 300yds of offense per start. Multiple TDs in 4 of 5. Giants had no answer for Kitna. Jon. Kitna. I don't get it.

And comparing what the Saints did 3 years ago (or any defense from 3 years ago) did to contain Vick you'd have to assume those ATL teams bore any resemblence to the 2010 Eagles. Maybe on paper a 3rd year Michael Jenkins, 2nd yr Roddy White, Alge Crumpler, and Ashley Lelie seems like a dynamic bunch but they were no DJax/Maclin/Celek/Avant/McCoy. Quick game of "Who'd you rather?"... Mora, Jr. or Reid? Mornhinweg or Greg Knapp?

If there was a defense that Vick would've had trouble with it would have been the Colts. Tampa/Dungy Cover 2 teams with speedy and athletic front 7s were always Vick's kryptonite.

If we're talking around 300yds and 2 TDs as a bust then please, bust away.

I think this will be a quiet week for Jeremy Maclin, who winds up with 4 catches and 50 yards without a score. Ho-hum weeks also for Steve Johnson and Mike Thomas this week, putting up low WR2 numbers (maybe 5 standard scoring points apiece).

I see relatively quiet weeks for Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlismolester at QB, both facing tougher pass defenses, while Garrard returns to Earth (but not a meltdown). These three QBs should be around 220 yards and 1 TD / 1 INT apiece. I think the Vikes will win, but that Favre posts abysmal FF numbers (160 yards, 1/1).

In RBs, I see McFadden posting quiet numbers, like 75 total yards and no scores, while LT continues his later season decline, with 65 yards and no scores. Tough week again for Jahvid Best, who struggles to break 60 yards in a scoreless week.

I'm not sure how anyone can look at Vick and the Eagles and peg Vick as a bust this week. Minus the first WAS game, he's a shade over 300yds of offense per start. Multiple TDs in 4 of 5. Giants had no answer for Kitna. Jon. Kitna. I don't get it.

And comparing what the Saints did 3 years ago (or any defense from 3 years ago) did to contain Vick you'd have to assume those ATL teams bore any resemblence to the 2010 Eagles. Maybe on paper a 3rd year Michael Jenkins, 2nd yr Roddy White, Alge Crumpler, and Ashley Lelie seems like a dynamic bunch but they were no DJax/Maclin/Celek/Avant/McCoy. Quick game of "Who'd you rather?"... Mora, Jr. or Reid? Mornhinweg or Greg Knapp?

If there was a defense that Vick would've had trouble with it would have been the Colts. Tampa/Dungy Cover 2 teams with speedy and athletic front 7s were always Vick's kryptonite.

If we're talking around 300yds and 2 TDs as a bust then please, bust away.

Because I think the Giants defense will have a good game and Vick will not. :wacko: Minus the Dallas game the Giants defense has been very good this year. What's so hard to get?

And I'm not trying to compare the Saints D from 3 years ago to anything. All I'm saying is that the only way anyone is going to keep Vick from running all over them is to keep him contained in the pocket & hope the front 4 can put enough pressure on him to make him uncomfortable and make some mistakes as a result. I think the Giants have the line to do that which will mean they can spare some help against the pass.

As of now, the Giants may be starting another mid season collapse like last year, and I think people will get VICKtimized again this week. He is soooo much better now than when he was a Falcon, he looks unstoppable to me right now, and The Giants are reeling, and on the road.

I think Gates will burn people this week... late scratch on Monday nite spells disaster.

Fred Jackson.

Why? Because I am starting him, & he was on my bench last week. Whenever I start a guy who blew up on my bench the previous week, the outcome of a crappy game is pre-ordained. The running joke in my league the past decade or so is that when I start a guy in this scenario, it's a lock he'll score less than the average kicker scoring for the week..

Busts have to be good already dont they? garrard got fat off of two very bad pass defenses. Hes no stud. He reaally did do a great job of taking advantage, no doubt.

I say the Schaub. Johnson & Foster trio.

Everywhere I look, Garrard is projected high, but he's really setting you up for a bomb..

BRANDON MARSHALL!! :wacko:

It's not all his fault, but the guy just doesn't produce for where his was drafted. :tup:

2 drops and a dumb penalty...let's call that 60% his fault.

Thanks for coming out Carpenter....

yep me too, I've managed to dress the only 2 kickers this year involved in shutouts (Folk, Carpenter). :tup: