[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keiland Williams

flemingd

Can't it be both? I don't think he's a stud by any means but I'm of the mind that RBs are (outside of a small % of elite talents) fairly interchangeable (unlike QBs and other skill positions) - it's most about the blocking and touches. He appears to be a solid NFL running back who is getting an opportunity to get a lot of touches.

No, I don't think he's legit.

he played well Monday when the game was in hand, and the Eagles weren't doing anything to stopt he run. he got his yards and TDs off soft defenses playing the pass. When the game mattered, and they tried to run the ball, he was stuffed like a turkey for next Thursday.

He might be worth something in games you think the Skins are going to completely abandon the run...thats about it.

Was Andre Hall legit? Cecil Sapp?

Seriously, I think Keiland is legit in a "He's got fresh legs and desperately wants a job" kind of way.... but who knows who will be carrying the football for them in two weeks.

Yep, if he get the rock he is legit. Just a few plays at the beginning of the iggles game does not define his career.

Ryan Torain (hamstring) was held out of practice again Thursday.

Torain appears highly unlikely to play this week. Clinton Portis (groin) conceded Thursday that he's still hurting and unable to go full speed without setbacks, so it looks like another full workload for Keiland Williams at Tennessee.

Nov. 18 - 2:34 p.m. ET

Ryan Torain (hamstring) was held out of practice again Thursday.

Torain appears highly unlikely to play this week. Clinton Portis (groin) conceded Thursday that he's still hurting and unable to go full speed without setbacks, so it looks like another full workload for Keiland Williams at Tennessee.

Nov. 18 - 2:34 p.m. ET

So now that I have in my lineup in my Yahoo league, Torain will get the nod....... Bah!

Williams is as legit as any other in the long history of Shanahan love affairs with backs: good for a few weeks, and then some other RB waltzes in off the practice squad and catches his fancy. The ONLY thing in the favor of Keiland Williams (besides some value in PPR leagues as a pass-catching back) is that injuries have created an opportunity for him.

fwiw, avoid relying on carries froma shanahan RB.

Dude changes RB's like others change their socks. And without warning, ie word last week was 'Signs point to Torain playing' Torain did not play, nor was he even deactivated.

You just can't ever tell what Shanhan will do.

fwiw, avoid relying on carries froma shanahan RB. Dude changes RB's like others change their socks. And without warning, ie word last week was 'Signs point to Torain playing' Torain did not play, nor was he even deactivated. You just can't ever tell what Shanhan will do.

Torain was injured in pregame warmups. Only Notradamus knew to fully sit him as he was looking like a solid option since he practiced somewhat all week. I love all the idiots on boards, twitter, etc blaming people from Shanahan, fantasy sites, and Adam Shefter for giving them "faulty info."

Williams is not good. His only production has been during 2 games when it was garbage time, plain and simple. He's rosterable in 12+ team PPR leagues and startable this week as a RB3/Flex. That's it.

Torain was injured in pregame warmups. Only Notradamus knew to fully sit him as he was looking like a solid option since he practiced somewhat all week. I love all the idiots on boards, twitter, etc blaming people from Shanahan, fantasy sites, and Adam Shefter for giving them "faulty info."

Williams is not good. His only production has been during 2 games when it was garbage time, plain and simple. He's rosterable in 12+ team PPR leagues and startable this week as a RB3/Flex. That's it.

With the Redskins....garbage time is going to be plentiful!

If there's one thing that I remember about RBs from Dorey's book, it's that opportunity trumps talent. Williams is legit as long as he is an every down back, and I don't care why or how he got his numbers last week, the fact is that he did something with the opportunity. I don't think he will have longevity if only because Torain and/or Portis will get the rock when healthy.

So now I am an idiot?

he played well Monday when the game was in hand, and the Eagles weren't doing anything to stopt he run. he got his yards and TDs off soft defenses playing the pass. When the game mattered, and they tried to run the ball, he was stuffed like a turkey for next Thursday.

He might be worth something in games you think the Skins are going to completely abandon the run...thats about it.

You were saying? Looks pretty legit to me.

:wacko:

I was saying? Dude's averaging just 3.1 2.9 YPC, and the Skins can't run behind him. What game are you watching?

fixed for game ending average....yechh.

you are reaching here...he had a decent day to go along withn an outstanding day the week before. So if we go by ypc, the back below are not legit backs. Point here is for fantasy purposes, if Williams get the ball he will produce.

Frank Gore 12/23 =1.9 ypc

Shonne Greene 15/42=2.8 ypc

LT 12/36=3.0

Ray Ricea9/65=3.4

Peton Hillis 21/48=2.2

He was the workhorse and played well. He also is a really good pass cather . for fantasy purposes "IF" he is the starter he is a good rb2 . you cant look at just one game. if thats the case then Frank Gore stinks and Beanie Wells is great ( 5.0 ypc yesterday). Portis is out next week. we just dont know about Torain. I would rather have a guy like Williams on a team that can move the ball with only Torain looming then a guy like Goodson whos team cant move the ball . Hes a good pickup IF torain is out.

He was the workhorse and played well. He also is a really good pass cather . for fantasy purposes "IF" he is the starter he is a good rb2 . you cant look at just one game. if thats the case then Frank Gore stinks and Beanie Wells is great ( 5.0 ypc yesterday). Portis is out next week. we just dont know about Torain. I would rather have a guy like Williams on a team that can move the ball with only Torain looming then a guy like Goodson whos team cant move the ball . Hes a good pickup IF torain is out.

My point the whole time. The one dude in this thread just for some reason won't accept that given the chance, he could be a decent producer the rest of the way out. RB2 from the waiver wire 8 games into the season is pretty damn good. Now with Torain and Portis, things are always cloudy. But if those two are out, he is definitely a legitimate starter.

3 carries, five yards, and another horrendous performance today. His pathetic YPC actually declines.