[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nice Win, Washington!

theprofessor

A pretty nice win tonight against UCLA. As a huge Husky fan I can't express enough love for Jake Locker as a husky and as a man. He'll always be questioned for not coming out early when he was going to probably be a top 5-6 pick in the draft. As others have mentioned it probably was a horrible financial decision but Jake stayed for all the reasons that were important to him .... loyalty to the program, opportunity to give UW a winning season and to get to a bowl game. Bottom line is Jake Locker is a winner, a young man with high character, humble and certain to be a success in life no matter what he does. Thanks Jake! There's very few like you. :wacko:

he does look like a great kid. But many said Bradford would lose millions too when he decided to return to school his junior year, and he was still picked very high in the draft. Locker will be a #1 pick, as he should be.

Agreed, but I was mostly speaking of the new CBA agreement which will probably cost rookies substantial coin on their first contract. BTW, Bradford has been impressive in his 1st year.

A pretty nice win tonight against UCLA. As a huge Husky fan I can't express enough love for Jake Locker as a husky and as a man. He'll always be questioned for not coming out early when he was going to probably be a top 5-6 pick in the draft. As others have mentioned it probably was a horrible financial decision but Jake stayed for all the reasons that were important to him .... loyalty to the program, opportunity to give UW a winning season and to get to a bowl game. Bottom line is Jake Locker is a winner, a young man with high character, humble and certain to be a success in life no matter what he does. Thanks Jake! There's very few like you. :wacko:

Actually, the panel that talks to the GMs about this kind of thing confirmed that no teams would have taken him in the 1st round last year, and his stock has dropped ridiculously this year. Won't be a first round pick. No chance. He can't throw!!! Love the kid. LOVE THE KID. He is going to be the one held responsible for turning the program around, but Jake Locker cannot throw a football accurately, period, end of story. We've watched him try for four years now. He throws for 70 yards against UCLA and is now officially ready for the pros? No chance. None. If, somehow, some moron GM takes him as a 1st round pick, it will cost the guy his job within three years. Jake Locker will never start 20 games in the NFL at the QB position, but I am convinced he will be a pro-bowler at a different position. He is that good of an athlete. He just can't throw the ball? Winner? Never been to a bowl game. HE CAN'T THROW!! Say it.....say Jake Locker is good at throwing a football. Say it without laughing. Good luck.

Actually, the panel that talks to the GMs about this kind of thing confirmed that no teams would have taken him in the 1st round last year, and his stock has dropped ridiculously this year. Won't be a first round pick. No chance. He can't throw!!! Love the kid. LOVE THE KID. He is going to be the one held responsible for turning the program around, but Jake Locker cannot throw a football accurately, period, end of story. We've watched him try for four years now. He throws for 70 yards against UCLA and is now officially ready for the pros? No chance. None. If, somehow, some moron GM takes him as a 1st round pick, it will cost the guy his job within three years. Jake Locker will never start 20 games in the NFL at the QB position, but I am convinced he will be a pro-bowler at a different position. He is that good of an athlete. He just can't throw the ball? Winner? Never been to a bowl game. HE CAN'T THROW!! Say it.....say Jake Locker is good at throwing a football. Say it without laughing. Good luck.

what on earth are u talkng about?? he was a mortal lock to go top 5 - 10 at worst. But according to Seahawks21 Locker would not have been a 1st rd pick last year?? :wacko:

and he will get picked early first round in 2011 - probably top 15 range.....he will kill it at the combine and NFL scouts and coaches will be drooling all over him

yer absolutely off ur rockerbraves with this nonsense

Edited by wildcat2334

You have now convinced me that you have more interest in telling everyone that Jake Locker is not a good QB that it clouds your judgement so bad that you don't even hear the words that you read. Case in point ..... my post was more about Jake the person than it was Jake the football player. I said in my post that Jake is a "winner". Making reference to Jake is a "winner" in life, in how he carry's himself, character, etc. Your retort is "A winner? Never been to a bowl game". :tup: Yea, you love the kid, don't you? Jake Locker would have been a top 10 selection if he went into the draft last year, regardless of what your "panel" :tup: told you :wacko: Time will tell about Jake's potential NFL career but one thing is for sure, as I said before, Jake Locker is a winner. :drawspicture:

Seems to be a pretty good QB, looking merely at his stats (I have only seen 1.5 Washington games over the past 2 to 3 seasons). Two questions I would have is why is his completion % in the mid 50's and his INT to TD ratio so high?

I look at guys like Mallet (67% completion, almost 2 to 1 TD to int, more yds), Cam Newton (68.2% Completion, 2 to 1 TD, more yds). Aaron Murray (60.7% Completion, 3 to 1 TD, more yards), Ricky Stanzi (66.2% Completion, 6 to 1 TD, more Yards), Matt McGloin (59.5% Completion, 4 to 1 TD, but fewer yards) and just wonder how he really stacks up at the college level. Not saying that College stats are everything, there are some intangibles that get people to the pros, but he doesn't look that stellar on paper. Now, this is UW so his line, receivers, running game may be the cause of some of this. Insight would help before I either jump on or off the bandwagon...

Edited by SEC=UGA

Seems to be a pretty good QB, looking merely at his stats (I have only seen 1.5 Washington games over the past 2 to 3 seasons). Two questions I would have is why is his completion % in the mid 50's and his INT to TD ratio so high?

Two things: #1, his WR and O-Line have been suspicious. Not necessarily in talent, but performance and consistency. #2, and most importantly, he's not progressed from a running QB he was throughout high school and his first two years at Washington.

He's got all the physical tools to be a great NFL talent. I don't know if he's got the rest of the package. If he does, he's going to need a couple of seasons working behind someone with a good QB coach to develop the skills he's not developing in college (accuracy, decision making, leadership).

Two things: #1, his WR and O-Line have been suspicious. Not necessarily in talent, but performance and consistency. #2, and most importantly, he's not progressed from a running QB he was throughout high school and his first two years at Washington.

He's got all the physical tools to be a great NFL talent. I don't know if he's got the rest of the package. If he does, he's going to need a couple of seasons working behind someone with a good QB coach to develop the skills he's not developing in college (accuracy, decision making, leadership).

Thank you. From all I've seen and read, he appears to be a good kid and good leader. I hope the best for him as he has done nothing to prove himself to be an a-hole, unlike some of the other kids I compared him to.

You have now convinced me that you have more interest in telling everyone that Jake Locker is not a good QB that it clouds your judgement so bad that you don't even hear the words that you read. Case in point ..... my post was more about Jake the person than it was Jake the football player. I said in my post that Jake is a "winner". Making reference to Jake is a "winner" in life, in how he carry's himself, character, etc. Your retort is "A winner? Never been to a bowl game". :tup: Yea, you love the kid, don't you? Jake Locker would have been a top 10 selection if he went into the draft last year, regardless of what your "panel" :tup: told you :wacko: Time will tell about Jake's potential NFL career but one thing is for sure, as I said before, Jake Locker is a winner. :drawspicture:

First of all, I don't know how the panel that almost every single underclassmen that is on the bubble of coming out sends their name to became "my panel". Nobody roots harder for Locker, and nobody will be rooting for him harder as a pro, but if I hear one more Seahawks fan refer to him as the savior for our franchise, I'm gonna go nuts. Have you not watched the kid try to throw? The "nice win" you wrote about was a game where he completed 40% for 70 yards and was one of the worst college QB's I had ever seen in a single game. Sorry if I went a little over the top, but come on! I'm the one drinking the cool-aid?? Open your eyes man!

First of all, I don't know how the panel that almost every single underclassmen that is on the bubble of coming out sends their name to became "my panel". Nobody roots harder for Locker, and nobody will be rooting for him harder as a pro, but if I hear one more Seahawks fan refer to him as the savior for our franchise, I'm gonna go nuts. Have you not watched the kid try to throw? The "nice win" you wrote about was a game where he completed 40% for 70 yards and was one of the worst college QB's I had ever seen in a single game. Sorry if I went a little over the top, but come on! I'm the one drinking the cool-aid?? Open your eyes man!

Now I understand your avatar. :tup:

By the way, Jake willed his club to a huge win again today. But you knew that being the President of the Jake Locker Fan Club, right? :wacko:

Now I understand your avatar. :tup:

By the way, Jake willed his club to a huge win again today. But you knew that being the President of the Jake Locker Fan Club, right? :tup:

Since when is beating 5-6 team a huge win. Oh you mean so this conference can get a 6-6 team to back into a bowl game and get completely beat down and embarass the conference yet again in bowl games. Good luck next week vs(2-9) Wash St. :wacko:

Huge win over a 5-6, now 5-7 team. Only in the pac-10

Since when is beating 5-6 team a huge win. Oh you mean so this conference can get a 6-6 team to back into a bowl game and get completely beat down and embarass the conference yet again in bowl games. Good luck next week vs(2-9) Wash St. :wacko:

Huge win over a 5-6, now 5-7 team. Only in the pac-10

Dude..seriously. Stop with the Pac-10 stalking. You're embarrassing yourself nOOb.

Edited by tazinib1

Dude..seriously. Stop with the Pac-10 stalking. You're embarrassing yourself nOOb.

Stalking? You serious. A noob would have been brain washed by these 3 tools if someone didnt set the record straight. You know the Oregon St is a top 15 team, Stanford is the greatest 1 loss team, when they didnt beat a top 25 team. Or Conference of Champions. Champions of what, 2 AP/ 1 BCS football title in 32 years. And the BCS/ 1 AP should be stripped because Bush was ineligible. It goes on and on and on, if you have read this crap all season we were spoon feed all season.

Edited by Living the Dream

Stalking? You serious. A noob would have been brain washed by these 3 tools if someone didnt set the record straight. You know the Oregon St is a top 15 team, Stanford is the greatest 1 loss team, when they didnt beat a top 25 team. Or Conference of Champions. Champions of what, 2 AP/ 1 BCS football title in 32 years. And the BCS/ 1 AP should be stripped because Bush was ineligible. It goes on and on and on, if you have read this crap all season we were spoon feed all season.

I'm an Oregon native, from Eugene. I could care less about the rest of the Pac-10 to tell you the truth. Go Ducks.

When doesn't he embarrass himself? :wacko:

The "huge" win I was speaking of was a "huge" win for Jake and his quest to get his team to a bowl game, which was one of the biggest reasons he left millions on the table and came back for his senior year. Sorry, were no longer one of the elite teams like your Sooners so I guess will evaluate our progress with small moral victories.

You should be happy that UW eliminated another Pac-10 team from bowl contention thus keeping your "dream" alive that the Pac-10 only sends 3 teams to bowl games. Alias Boy :tup:

Edited by theprofessor

When doesn't he embarrass himself? :wacko:

The "huge" win I was speaking of was a "huge" win for Jake and his quest to get his team to a bowl game, which was one of the biggest reasons he left millions on the table and came back for his senior year. Sorry, were no longer one of the elite teams like your Sooners so I guess will evaluate our progress with small moral victories.

You should be happy that UW eliminated another Pac-10 team from bowl contention thus keeping your "dream" alive that the Pac-10 only sends 3 teams to bowl games. Alias Boy :tup:

If the words Pac-10 were never preached here again, that would make many happy. Most over rated top 2 teams in the country. Wished Stanford actually played a team in the top 10, instead of some crap conference winner from the Big East or ACC.

You wanna see teams actually beat up each other, look at the Big 12. 5 teams went 6-2 in conference and all of them are 9 and 10 win teams. That is a true conference And 3 others equaled the win total of the Pac-10 #3 conference team.

SEC has 10 of its 12 bowl eligible.

Big 10 has 8 of 11 eligible

And the pac-10 has 3 .... And some continue to talk up this conference. Maybe, just maybe Oregon will also hurt Stanford in the Final poll, when they get blown out by Auburn or TCU.

If the words Pac-10 were never preached here again, that would make many happy. Most over rated top 2 teams in the country. Wished Stanford actually played a team in the top 10, instead of some crap conference winner from the Big East or ACC.

You wanna see teams actually beat up each other, look at the Big 12. 5 teams went 6-2 in conference and all of them are 9 and 10 win teams. That is a true conference And 3 others equaled the win total of the Pac-10 #3 conference team.

SEC has 10 of its 12 bowl eligible.

Big 10 has 8 of 11 eligible

And the pac-10 has 3 .... And some continue to talk up this conference. Maybe, just maybe Oregon will also hurt Stanford in the Final poll, when they get blown out by Auburn or TCU.

Oregon and Stanford ... the most overrated 2 teams in college football? :tup: Why do you continue to embarrass yourself? Anyone else think Oregon and Stanford are the 2 most overrated teams in college football?

Why so much Pac-10 hate? Still holding on to that 55-19 beatdown? :tup:

I would like you to bring back one post of mine where I touted the Pac-10 as the best conference in college football this year. I'll wait.

If the words Living The Dream, Brent ..., Boomer Sooner, Sooner Nation, A$$ Clown, etc, etc were never preached here again it would make many, many people very happy here too.

By the way, whatever your real name is, can you explain to the masses why you felt compelled to hide behind so many aliases?Just curious.

This could be interesting ...... :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor