[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Williams (TB)

damageinc

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bucs WR Mike Williams was arrested Friday morning in Hillsborough County on a DUI charge.

It's horrible timing for a young 6-3 Bucs team, but there's reason to believe that Williams will beat the rap. Two tests found his blood-alcohol level to be .065 and .061, below the limit of .08 in Florida. Williams remains in jail as of Friday morning and further tests are being conducted. The fourth-rounder was considered a first-round talent, but he fell due to a litany of off-field concerns at Syracuse.

Nov. 19 - 8:02 a.m. ET

Bucs WR Mike Williams was arrested Friday morning in Hillsborough County on a DUI charge.

It's horrible timing for a young 6-3 Bucs team, but there's reason to believe that Williams will beat the rap. Two tests found his blood-alcohol level to be .065 and .061, below the limit of .08 in Florida. Williams remains in jail as of Friday morning and further tests are being conducted. The fourth-rounder was considered a first-round talent, but he fell due to a litany of off-field concerns at Syracuse.

Nov. 19 - 8:02 a.m. ET

...and it starts again. :wacko:

...and it starts again. :wacko:

Wait a minute. He blew a .065 and a .061. Let's be a little realistic here, okay? Prohibition ended almost 80 years ago. The guy had what - 2 beers?

If you know me at all, I'm the first one to take a player to task for stupidity - but c'mon. This is ridiculous.

Wait a minute. He blew a .065 and a .061. Let's be a little realistic here, okay? Prohibition ended almost 80 years ago. The guy had what - 2 beers?

If you know me at all, I'm the first one to take a player to task for stupidity - but c'mon. This is ridiculous.

Then how did he get arrested for DUI? If he wasn't over the limit, there had to be other reasons, right?

Receiver Mike Williams has overcome plenty of self-imposed adversity to become one of the best rookies of the 2010 class. He now has a little more self-imposed adversity to overcome.

A tipster has advised us — and we’ve confirmed via the website of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office — that Williams was arrested today for DUI.

According to the available information, Williams’ breath testing registered a blood-alcohol concentration of 0.065 and 0.061 percent. Urine testing also is being conducted. He remains in custody as of this posting.

Then how did he get arrested for DUI? If he wasn't over the limit, there had to be other reasons, right?

You're saying that cops don't look for random excuses to pull people over - just to get an opportunity to check for DUI or some other infraction? Seriously?

Damn - I'm normally a cop defender too, but in this thread apparently the sky is green and the grass is blue.

Why did he have to take a urine test? Do they give you additional tests if they don't get the result they wanted in their first test?

He took 2 breathalyzers that put him under .08. He should have refused the urine test. But he's a kid and he made a mistake instead of asserting his rights.

You're saying that cops don't look for random excuses to pull people over - just to get an opportunity to check for DUI or some other infraction? Seriously?

Damn - I'm normally a cop defender too, but in this thread apparently the sky is green and the grass is blue.

I agree with you on the top part. I'm just asking, if he didn't blow over the limit, then how did he still get arrested? I thought as long as you were under the limit you were ok.

Now, the second part of your post may take a little convincing. :wacko:

Ok he failed the sobriety test , thats why the Urine test. Sounds like he was impared BUT not the breathalizer showed he wasnt drunk. Dont like the sound of that. Essentially they think he was on Drugs. This is going to turn out bad.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers standout rookie wide receiver Mike Williams was arrested on a DUI charge early Friday, Hillsborough County Jail records show.

Williams, 23, was arrested about 2:48 a.m. near Highway 301 and Causeway Boulevard, according to jail records. He was booked at 4:44 a.m. and released after posting $500 bail at 8:04 a.m.

Williams was driving a black Cadillac 57 mph in a 45 mph zone and weaving between lanes, said Larry McKinnon, Hillsborough County Sheriff's spokesman.

Two tests found his blood-alcohol level at .065 and .061, records show, below the limit of .08 set by state law.

But Williams failed a field sobriety test, McKinnon said. A urine test was conducted and results are pending, he said. A urine test is done if a deputy suspects a driver is impaired by a substance other than alcohol, McKinnon said.

Edited by damageinc

I agree with you on the top part. I'm just asking, if he didn't blow over the limit, then how did he still get arrested? I thought as long as you were under the limit you were ok.

He's 23, so he's legal to consume. I don't know the law. Maybe cops have the option to run him in and charge him if he blows anything over a .00

But I do know cops have gotten more aggressive in ticketing in our neck of the woods as funding for the department has become very tight with the economy the way it is. My daughter got ticketed for driving with an unsigned registration after getting pulled over for what the cop wrote as 2 mph over the speed limit - then another cop pulled her over after we told her to drive to a friend's house and park until my wife could get there and sign it, and despite being shown the first ticket the second cop wrote her a ticket for the same infraction. And this is in a town of about 1,600 people.

Neither cop had the balls to show up in court when we went to fight both tickets - so they were both summarily dismissed.

The really sad part - my wife and I have always supported the cops and have taught our daughters from a young age to do the same. It's awfully hard to keep that attitude when crap like this happens.

Edited by Bronco Billy

agreed - ridiculous.

MADD has way too much emphasis and power. So the legal limit over the years has dropped to .08 and now you can get arrested for even being below that limit?? what a joke

We dont know what happened, so rather than saying he is an idiot for pissing in a cup without reason, lets just wait and see what happens. This actually happened right down the road from my job, and I was talking to a friend about it. He failed a sobriety test obviously, and thats why he was arrested. Bottom line - You dont drive after drinking. Period. If you blow a .06, yet fail a sobriety test, you get arrested.

Lets just wait and see on this, but seriously, dont blame this one on the cops. Blame the idiot behind the wheel.

The really sad part - my wife and I have always supported the cops and have taught our daughters from a young age to do the same. It's awfully hard to keep that attitude when crap like this happens.

Probably a good Tailgate subject. Don't want to hijack this thread but IMO, the authorities are hammering the mass of citizenry because they are too scared to tackle the real miscreants for whatever reason. It's easy money.

That was my first thought too. Blowing under 0.8 should see you on your way, not in jail overnight. Gotta be something else.

ceratin areas are arresting people for misdemeanor DUI's even you are under the limit - judged to be impaired at the cops discretion I think....

Edited by wildcat2334

We dont know what happened, so rather than saying he is an idiot for pissing in a cup without reason, lets just wait and see what happens. This actually happened right down the road from my job, and I was talking to a friend about it. He failed a sobriety test obviously, and thats why he was arrested. Bottom line - You dont drive after drinking. Period. If you blow a .06, yet fail a sobriety test, you get arrested.

Lets just wait and see on this, but seriously, dont blame this one on the cops. Blame the idiot behind the wheel.

What does this sobriety test involve in FL?