[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you give up on Dwayne Bowe?

jbran23

I literally gave him one more week before dropping him with the matchup against Houston in week 6. He has gotten me wins in 3-4 weeks since then. What an unbelievable turn around to his season. Hopefully he continues being a stud. I feel for the owners he dumped him just before he went on this tear. :wacko:

Edited by jbran23

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave up on him after last season when he was terrible and cost my team any chance at WR points week in and week out until he was suspended. I didn't go anywhere near him on draft day, nor did I entertain any of the trade offers owners sent to me where I would get Bowe for one of my RBs.

And although he is playing well now, I have absolutely no regrets.

Nope, although I didn't start him against Champ Bailey when he blew up.

Neither did I. That was a mistake but not as big a mistake as dropping him earlier in the year.

In a 14 team re-draft league I actually drafted Roddy White, Dwayne Bowe, and Hakeem Nicks in a league that starts 3 WR but I flipped Nicks hot start into a trade for Ray Rice. Also drafted TB Mike Williams as a sleeper later on. Not a bad draft at the WR slot. :wacko:

the worst mistake i made all season was dropping him after his 4th consecutive worthless week after week 5. the LUCKY guy who picked him up is the leader in our league now.

here's what that pos did the first 5 weeks:

week 1: 1 catch for 13 yards

week 2: 4 catches for 45 yards

week 3: 2 catches for 61 yards and 1 td

week 4: bye week

week 5: 2 catches for 33 yards

I did, but I'm not exactly sure when though....it feels like I had him for a while, but I have also not had him on my team for at least 4 weeks....I had to let him go after week 4 or 5 ....

I think it was after he played Indy and got shut down...I gave up..

I thought I made a sly trade a few weeks ago with my team sitting at 5-2 as I "suckered" the other owner who was 2-5 into giving me Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne. All I had to give him was a "sell high" Bowe, Sanchez, Kitna, Keller and Addai

Everyone in my league was in an uproar........fast forward to this week

I sit now at 5-6 and he is 6-5.........

No..i stubbornly started him in the first 2 weeks in a couple leagues and then sat on him for about a month until he got a bit more consistent...i even sat him for Steve Johnson last week when he had the 180+ yards and 2 TDs due to Champ Bailey b/c I still didn't trust him in a tougher matchup...this week i started him over steve johnson since little stevie burned me last week...

Nope. Actually, the first week I started him was Week 5 against Houston because I thought even D. Bowe could score big against Houston. Kinda felt the same way about the next 5 opponents as well.

Jacksonville

Buffalo

Oakland (without Nnamdi)

Denver

Arizona

I do think he'll do well the rest of the way (but probably not quite the same pace)

the worst mistake i made all season was dropping him after his 4th consecutive worthless week after week 5. the LUCKY guy who picked him up is the leader in our league now.

here's what that pos did the first 5 weeks:

week 1: 1 catch for 13 yards

week 2: 4 catches for 45 yards

week 3: 2 catches for 61 yards and 1 td

week 4: bye week

week 5: 2 catches for 33 yards

Same exact scenario here. The owner who picked him up was average before but he has not lost a game since. Of course, due to my own impatience, he's now in first place while I'm in third.