[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did you give up on Dwayne Bowe?

jbran23

In a $1000 cap league I got him for $6 and can keep him for 3 years at that price. He was my wildcard slot filler that I left in my lineup. I also picked up Brandon Lloyd off the waiver wire (which cost us $1 to keep) when a team dropped him very early in the season.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody else see what (I thought) appeared to be a ginger walk off the field on Bowe's last catch, where he seemed to land awkward on his back/side/backside? If so, any news from homers? (paging Chief Dick... Chief Dick you have a Homer call on the red courtesy phone - I said the red courtesy phone)

Or am I on crack?

Not a KC homer, but I've followed them closely all year. My initial thoughts after the replay was that he just knocked the air out of him. He looked fine a few seconds later talking to someone on the sideline. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Did anybody else see what (I thought) appeared to be a ginger walk off the field on Bowe's last catch, where he seemed to land awkward on his back/side/backside? If so, any news from homers? (paging Chief Dick... Chief Dick you have a Homer call on the red courtesy phone - I said the red courtesy phone)

Or am I on crack?

KC Star didn't mention it this morning, and I didn't see anything yesterday to indicate a problem.

Thanks Chief.

One more thought I have on Bowe - that dropped TD in IND earlier this season appears more and more each week to be the best thing to have happen to him this year, maybe even his career. That's pretty much when this run he's on has started (the next week after in HOU). Maybe the proverbial light bulb finally went on for him. I know about the reports that he worked with Fitz over the off-season, so the physical part seems to have been there. Now the mental part seems to have caught up to his physical skills.

In one of my leagues, Bowe was skipped over multiple times until eventually he went in a double digit round, maybe the 11th. In every league I'm in, he went way low in relation to Huddle rankings. It seems no-one had any faith in him whatsoever, especially me - I didn't draft him at all.

In one of my leagues, Bowe was skipped over multiple times until eventually he went in a double digit round, maybe the 11th. In every league I'm in, he went way low in relation to Huddle rankings. It seems no-one had any faith in him whatsoever, especially me - I didn't draft him at all.

he was one of my upside players as I took him around the 7th round in my local.....I dropped him after week 5 I think because I was frustrated and then he started going off..

10 team redraft I took him 51st overall. Round 6 pick 1. It didn't seem to be a good pick but I've stuck with him and you know the rest

This is my first year doing fantasy. I missed the first ten rounds of my draft, finally got in, turned to my brother and asked, "who the F is Dwayne Bowe?"

Suffered those first two weeks, benched him in week 3 for Demaryius Thomas which really worked out :wacko: . Been starting him ever since his week 4 bye. I went 1-3 in the first four weeks, and since then have gone 7-1. Clinched a playoff spot this week and I could take over first place if I beat the #1 guy next week (it's a close league, he has the best record at 9-3).

Bowe single-handedly resuscitated my season and rescued me from my 2nd and 3rd round disasters, Ryan Matthews and Shonn Greene. My only regret is choosing Demaryius Thomas instead of Brandon Lloyd when I decided to pick up a Denver WR in Week 3. I could have Bowe and Lloyd starting...!

I'm just glad I was too naive and disinterested to micromanage him off my team. My team was so bad, I felt like I got screwed by my auto-draft, so I had basically written off my season. Good "be patient" learning experience for the future.

I hate you but not half as much as I hate him :wacko::tup:

:tup:

What gets me is this is the second fn year I've done this. He blows, I cut him, he starts going off. If I get him next year I'll keep him even if he goes on IR dammit

Now THAT'S funny! Trust me, I was inconsolable about dropping him myself. We live and we learn, hopefully without losing in the process.

Without a doubt, the best trade I've made in 15 years of fantasy football.

Sitting at 0-3, I offered Tim Hightower to a frustrated Beanie Wells owner who had enough of Bowe. Almost immediately accepted. I've gone 6-2 since the trade and should clinch a playoff spot with a win tonight. Even better, it's a 14-team league that allows 3 keepers. Gives me the option of keeping Bowe at year end, or possibly trading him for a 1st or 2nd round draft pick in the off-season.

Same here.....he was one of "those guys" like Addai that I didn't want to draft because I knew he would A) not live up to expectations or :wacko: get hurt early on and burn me as I near the playoffs. That being said, I took him after the likes of Sims-Walker, Garcon, Santana Moss, M. Floyd, etc.

I definitely didn't think that there was much to warrant all of the preseason hype, but thankfully I've held on to him and I'm still holding onto the #1 spot in my division.

Edited by joeyb7

Got slaughtered by Bowe today in my big money league, and I could have snagged him in a trade about five weeks ago. Double pain.

Got killed by Bowe and Hillis yesterday. (Whoever would've thought that a few months ago?) Those two scored about 95 points; my whole team scored about 98.

Bowe was traded twice in our league. The current owner snagged him before week 5. Not coincidentally, that owner has now won six straight. I tried trading for Bowe right when he started heating up. The owner ALMOST went for it but got cold feet on Sunday morning. :wacko: