[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vincent Jackson - Time for a playoff push

RussMan

With Moss being a complete loss I have been sitting patiently on VJax. Maclin, M Williams (TB), Harvin have been ok but I could use VJax to make my playoff push.

Ready or not he is going into the lineup this weekend ! Harvin going to the bench.

BTW: I cut Moss after this weekends game.

With Moss being a complete loss I have been sitting patiently on VJax. Maclin, M Williams (TB), Harvin have been ok but I could use VJax to make my playoff push.

Ready or not he is going into the lineup this weekend ! Harvin going to the bench.

I think alot of VJax owners are hoping he helps with the "playoff push".

Rivers loves to throw him the rock. I'm just scared he'll pull a hammy trying to do too much on the field too fast. :wacko:

I have VJ in one league ... in that league Gates was my main WR (non-TE league) until he got hurt. Fortunately Bowe's resurgence happened about the same time so now Bowe has taken over for Gates in that league. For my other 2 WRs I've been choosing between Bess, Mike Thomas, Jacoby Jones and James Jones (picked up Aiirotutu for a spot start this week). I would welcome VJ back for a playoff push!

Right now I'm 7-4 and leading my division.

I've a playoff spot locked up but my division race is real tight. I have 2 teams 1 game back and they play each other this week so one of them will be tied with me (if I lose) or still a game back (if I win)

I have Vjax on my bench and I'm at the impass of if I want to start him or not. My last 2 match ups r against weaker teams in my leauge but I feel we all have to wait and see what Vjax is going to do. How much he's going to be used? etc....

If he comes out and is just a stud reciever that he's always been he'll be great for the playoffs.. If not a lot of people have wasted a roster slot all year....

How can he NOT come in and produce? :wacko:

Rivers has been throwing to guys they pull out of the stands! Last night Rivers throws two TDs AFTER Floyd (hammy tightened up),Crayton (wrist injury, could be serious) and McMichael (Randy was limited in the passing game due to tweeking his hammy) leave the game for most of the second half!!!

VJax and Gates return next week. Floyd and Tutu will run free with opposing Ds having to cover the other two (assuming Crayton misses time). And the screen game becomes even MORE effective.

IF Crayton can play, now the Chargers WR crops is VJax, Gates, Floyd, Crayton and Tutu. That is a scary group, especially with the level that Rivers is playing at! It will truly be "pick your poison" as to who to cover.

VJax looks to be in shape, has been practicing with the team for three weeks and looks like he just wants to get on the field. He has a lot to prove to get his big contract next year (probably not with the Chargers), so he won't hold anything back. He can't afford to.

I'm not arguing that he's in shape, healthy and up to speed in terms of the offence scheme. However I'm just not sold on starting him this week. It's one of those things that if u have no one else to start, roll the dice with him. I have other good recievers that i'm starting over him until I see him on the field.

It is one thing to be practicing and another to be on the field making and taking hits. It's differant lvl from playing against the practice squad vs another teams starting D..... I need to see him on the field before I make a call on starting him or not...

He has the tools to be sucessful but that doesn't grantee sucess. I honestly expect him to do well this week but I'm just hesitant to start him.

Perhaps Tutu is worth holding on to after all :wacko:

My WRs are Collie, Sims-Walker, Mike Williams (TB) and Ajirotutu. After last night, I was going to drop Ajirotutu, but I don't know. With all the injuries, he becomes a de factor starter, but Rivers throws to EVERYONE, and Ajirotutu was in there a lot after Crayton's injury but got no looks. Of course, it was a blowout. This is looking like the Saints.

Definitely dropping MSW, though.

Perhaps Tutu is worth holding on to after all :wacko:

He's a fan favorite here in San Diego. In interviews I've seen he comes across as a humble kid who works his tail off in practice and just wants to help the Bolts win. If he gets the start this week he will produce enough points to help your team.

He's a fan favorite here in San Diego. In interviews I've seen he comes across as a humble kid who works his tail off in practice and just wants to help the Bolts win. If he gets the start this week he will produce enough points to help your team.

I have VJAX and want to play him, but do not think I can start him over DeSean Jackson or Santonio Holmes.

Same here... VJax wasn't on the Huddle Free Agent list this week?

most likely due to the fact a lot of people have been holding onto him sense the draft.

I just got a chance to look over my matchups and I don't want to start Benson against the Jets..... So Vjax has offically made my lineup....

Someone dropped VJ October 2nd. I have Rivers and snatched him up in a heartbeat. You know I'm starting him along side R.Wayne. Amendola, Avant, Floyd, Crayton and 'tutu are sitting.

Edited by MothAudio