[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Phillip Rivers .....

theprofessor

Love him or hate him Phillip Rivers deserves his just due as the best QB in the league and the front runner for the league MVP. What he has done this year has been amazing. With his 3 top targets all missing time this year Rivers hasn't missed a beat. I love the guy's competitiveness and fire. The guy is a leader and demands 110% effort on the field. This week will be another big test for SD as they go into Peyton's Place and look to get a win in a very hostile environment. San Diego = 38 Indianapolis = 31

Rivers is carrying the Bolts on his back. Week in and week out he produces. The MVP award would be very appropriate. He'll have to keep the Chargers winning and get them into the playoffs to get it, but it's quite possible.

By the way...I like your prediction! VJax retrurns this week and Malcolm Floyd got through the Denver game without re-injuring his hammy. Now if we can get Gates back..... :wacko:

By early in the third quarter, Crayton was out, McMichael couldn't run routs with a tweeked hammy, Floyd got pulled because his hammy tightened up on him, and his only TE for routs was a guy they signed off the practice squad (who had a couple of grabs for first downs). He's got guys on the field he has to tell where to line up...

Kelley Washington was signed to play on special teams, but he’s a receiver, and he’s healthy.

So he was in on a third-and-nine … lined up on the wrong side.After finally getting Washington across the field, wide right, the Chargers got the snap off with one second on the play clock. Against an all-out blitz, about to be hit, Philip Rivers delivered a streak of a pass to a streaking Darren Sproles about 12 yards downfield. Sproles, in the middle of the field, cut back on safety Brian Dawkins and sprinted to the end zone.

He has been doing this ALL YEAR! He has thrown TDs to nine different players.

There are none playing the position as consistently for a FULL season as Rivers.

Isolated from the national spotlight in that beautiful little corner of the country and dealing with the East Coast sports bias, something overlooked is the fact that the Chargers have played 70 different players so far this year in games! The injury bug has been as big a factor in the team's inconsistency as anything else.

I don't see how he doesn't get the MVP if they win the division or get a wild card spot (the latter is doubtful in this division). As Chargerz said, he has carried this team on his back.

Honestly, you could pool the worst collection of "skill position" players in the league and Rivers would still put them on his back and carry them across the goal-line.

I saw a lot of Rivers when he was at NC State. One of the most exciting game I ever saw was when they played at Ohio State (don't remember the year) It was a slug fest and Rivers stayed poised and wouldn't go away. They lost but it went to the final seconds. He is a first rate competitor.

Love him or hate him Phillip Rivers deserves his just due as the best QB in the league and the front runner for the league MVP. What he has done this year has been amazing. With his 3 top targets all missing time this year Rivers hasn't missed a beat. I love the guy's competitiveness and fire. The guy is a leader and demands 110% effort on the field. This week will be another big test for SD as they go into Peyton's Place and look to get a win in a very hostile environment. San Diego = 38 Indianapolis = 31

Man, you are onto something here. Rivers is aces.

No doubt Rivers has silenced the doubters this year and proven he isn't a fluke. The guy can flat out play and I think his teammates love him! He's the ultimate competitor and just seems to get it done no matter who is around him. Gotta give some props to Turner(even though I'm not a big fan) as well. He seems to get guys in great matchups and positions to make plays....

He is definitely in the running for MVP.

I had both him and Schaub in my dynasty league on expiring contracts and wanted to trade one. Got rid of Schaub before the season because I figured people would value him more going into this year. I didn't.

If the Chargers squeak out a win vs the Dolts with a patchwork offense, just think what they will do with the rest of the schedule with, hopefully, a healthy roster. Winning out is a distinct possibility. I just wish the Bears were on tap for the regular season instead of the pre-season so Rivers could rub the almost given MVP trophy in Cutlers whinny face.

If the Chargers squeak out a win vs the Dolts with a patchwork offense, just think what they will do with the rest of the schedule with, hopefully, a healthy roster. Winning out is a distinct possibility. I just wish the Bears were on tap for the regular season instead of the pre-season so Rivers could rub the almost given MVP trophy in Cutlers whinny face.

Let it go bro, let it go.

The vast majority of the country sees Rivers as the devil in that exchange. The Broncos and the Chargers have grown to hate each other even more in the recent years. Only the fans of the two teams know the real scoop and the sh!t that Cutler used to talk.

Cutler has helped Rivers by showing the same whiney biotch attitude while Rivers still plays, and talks, with exuberance and enthusiasm that many people don't like to see in QBs.

His teammates love the guy, so do SD fans, and that is probably the most important. :wacko:

Are we talking this year from a fantasy perspective or period best qb in the game ? IMO Manning is the best qb today and possibly of all time . I would also think Tom Brady should be heavily discussed in this situation as well. Manning lost weapons this year too.

The vast majority of the country sees Rivers as the devil in that exchange. The Broncos and the Chargers have grown to hate each other even more in the recent years. Only the fans of the two teams know the real scoop and the sh!t that Cutler used to talk.

Cutler has helped Rivers by showing the same whiney biotch attitude while Rivers still plays, and talks, with exuberance and enthusiasm that many people don't like to see in QBs.

His teammates love the guy, so do SD fans, and that is probably the most important. :tup:

:wacko: you got this completely right.

His teammates love the guy, so do SD fans, and that is probably the most important. :wacko:

I thnk this post made Cutler put on his pouty face.

I think Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time. And I just threw up in mouth after typing that. Indy is having an off year. But he is scary. When he is on he can pretty much score at will on you and take very little time off the clock.

Rivers has to win a SB to be considered. But I will give him MVP this year.

Are we talking this year from a fantasy perspective or period best qb in the game ? IMO Manning is the best qb today and possibly of all time . I would also think Tom Brady should be heavily discussed in this situation as well. Manning lost weapons this year too.

Yep, and I know I'm biased but I would still take Brees over Rivers as well.

I can't stand the prick but you can't argue with the results. I also don't understand how his mechanics generate such crazy power and velocity - his throwing motion is straight up odd.

:tup:

Very true...but I still like to bash on Cutler when I get the chance.

I also don't understand how his mechanics generate such crazy power and velocity - his throwing motion is straight up odd.

This is true. His throwing motion is like a shotput.

Heck. Now Crayton is gone!

I wonder if Charlie Joiner is in game shape? :wacko:

He is the WR coach and knows the playbook and #18 is currently not issued. :tup:

Rivers could toss him those sideline outs he was so good at and step out of bounds to avoid too much contact! :tup: