[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clinton Portis

damageinc

Clinton Portis - RB - Redskins

Redskins placed RB Clinton Portis on injured reserve.

A recent MRI on Portis' groin revealed only swelling, and he had expressed optimism that he could play in Week 12, but it was never a realistic possibility. His Redskins career is almost certainly over, as he's due a $8.254 million salary in 2011 and is sure to be cut over the offseason. Keiland Williams will be the team's No. 1 back for the time being, though we expect Ryan Torain (hamstring) and James Davis to factor into the mix, as well.

Nov. 24 - 11:27 a.m. ET

Source: Jason Reid on Twitter

Have you ever heard of dynasty league? Why would I be happy to put someone on fantasy IR that is done for this season in a re-draft?

I have heard of Dynasty Leagues and Keeper Leagues and I fully understand the value of putting an injured player on IR when you feel they have enough value to keep them on your roster for next season.

I re-iterate, shouldn't you have dropped him weeks ago?

I have heard of Dynasty Leagues and Keeper Leagues and I fully understand the value of putting an injured player on IR when you feel they have enough value to keep them on your roster for next season.

I re-iterate, shouldn't you have dropped him weeks ago?

so are you saying that portis has played his last snap as an NFL player?

so are you saying that portis has played his last snap as an NFL player?

No not by any means.

But I do believe his fantasy relevance has dropped enough that there are many better ways to improve your team for next year in a dynasty or keeper league than occupying a roster spot with Portis all season long just hoping he will return or to be able to put him on IR.

Especially when you consider that he will be 30 before the next season starts and is playing for a coach who has such low disregard for talented RB's that he traded Portis away 7 years ago AFTER Portis went for 1500 yds & 15 TD one year and then 1500 yds and 14 TDS the next. Portis averaged 5.5 yds per carry both of those years as well and all it got him was sent packing?

What about his current situation makes him worth carrying all year as an injured bench player just in the hopes that he will return or you can IR him rather than drop him? In a Dynasty League, wouldn't that roster spot be better occupied by a young player who may blossom than by an older player in obvious decline?

No not by any means.

But I do believe his fantasy relevance has dropped enough that there are many better ways to improve your team for next year in a dynasty or keeper league than occupying a roster spot with Portis all season long just hoping he will return or to be able to put him on IR.

Especially when you consider that he will be 30 before the next season starts and is playing for a coach who has such low disregard for talented RB's that he traded Portis away 7 years ago AFTER Portis went for 1500 yds & 15 TD one year and then 1500 yds and 14 TDS the next. Portis averaged 5.5 yds per carry both of those years as well and all it got him was sent packing?

What about his current situation makes him worth carrying all year as an injured bench player just in the hopes that he will return or you can IR him rather than drop him? In a Dynasty League, wouldn't that roster spot be better occupied by a young player who may blossom than by an older player in obvious decline?

Portis will most likely be on another team next year...and who knows what type of value he will have where he lands...30 year olds have put up some nice seasons in the past....dont bank on it but it could happen...and at the least he is a vet that adds depth to a team....these are the top RBs available on one of my wires and most of my leagues all look the same....

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB

Sellers, Mike WAS RB

Leonard, Brian CIN RB

Jones, Julius NOS RB

Schmitt, Owen PHI RB

McIntyre, Corey BUF RB

Cobbs, Patrick MIA RB

Cartwright, Rock OAK RB

Felton, Jerome DET RB

Polite, Lousaka MIA RB

Young, Darrel WAS RB

Evans, Heath NOS RB

Leach, Vonta HOU RB

Robinson, Michael SEA RB

Mughelli, Ovie ATL RB

Gronkowski, Chris DAL RB ®

Wolfe, Garrett CHI RB

Hall, Ahmard TEN RB

Morris, Sammy NEP RB

Logan, Stefan DET RB

Tahi, Naufahu MIN RB

Hall, Korey GBP RB

Bennett, Michael OAK RB

Fiammetta, Tony CAR RB

Portis will most likely be on another team next year...and who knows what type of value he will have where he lands...30 year olds have put up some nice seasons in the past....dont bank on it but it could happen...and at the least he is a vet that adds depth to a team....these are the top RBs available on one of my wires and most of my leagues all look the same....

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB

Sellers, Mike WAS RB

Leonard, Brian CIN RB

Jones, Julius NOS RB

Schmitt, Owen PHI RB

McIntyre, Corey BUF RB

Cobbs, Patrick MIA RB

Cartwright, Rock OAK RB

Felton, Jerome DET RB

Polite, Lousaka MIA RB

Young, Darrel WAS RB

Evans, Heath NOS RB