[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SB Halftime Show Announced

Whiskey Pimp

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
I like it.

A group in their prime, music that can get the crowd into it, easy enough to make a medley of their hits, and pretty sure they entertain instead of just standing in a 15 foot area.

Okay, it did kind of suck. Strange concept art and quite a bit of technical difficulties. Didn't sound so good either.

Almost entirely because my expectations were about as low as they could be, I didn't think it was horrible. I guess I'd rather see people butcher songs that I never held in high regard than watch, say the Who stagger around and sound like crap.

Why not make the culmination of some battle of the bands? I mean, America seems to love Idol, so capitalize on that. Have some competition and launch the winning band at halftime. They go out and actually play 2-3 full songs. I don't know, but it couldn't be much worse than what they're doing.

I mean, has word gotten back to them that nearly everyone thinks the show absolutely sucks?

I couldn't even hear them...and I'm too old and white to know what an "usher" is. :shakescane:

They should've ditched the BEP and done a documentary feature on Salvatore Giunta. The applause he received was the best moment of the Super Bowl by far.

Edited by TimC

I assume that the NFL forked over so much money to the BEP that they couldn't hire a decent sound mixer.

Actually I read somewhere that the performers do not get paid. They do have there expensices paid for however and get to play in front of millions. My son was telling me the BEP are know for there no talent singing and that everything they put out CD is "fixed" but when they do live its the real deal.

Maybe we need to start a "Bring back Janet" petition. :wacko:

My granddaughter and her friends are BEP fans of a sort and they talked me into watching a SB halftime show for the first time in probably 30 years. Then they wanted me to turn it off and watch the Puppy Bowl instead.... that was how much that show sucked. Terrible....just plain terrible.

so the chick that is supposed ta be hot looked more like a retired pole dancer, a bad one at that

She has always looked like that. :wacko:

I thought it was pretty good. At least it was current pop music with people in their prime performing. I like classic rock, but dragging out senior citizens to put on a "rock" concert is pretty lame. Of course even before Janet-gate, the halftime shows were pretty lame. I remember when they used to have like 7 different acts perform for 1 minute a piece. And there is no good way to mix nsync, brittney spears, eminem, aerosmith, nelly, and otis day and the nights.

I couldn't even hear them...and I'm too old and white to know what an "usher" is. :shakescane:

They should've ditched the BEP and done a documentary feature on Salvatore Giunta. The applause he received was the best moment of the Super Bowl by far.

This.

so the chick that is supposed ta be hot looked more like a retired pole dancer, a bad one at that

And the worst female singer I've heard for quite a while.

Almost entirely because my expectations were about as low as they could be, I didn't think it was horrible.

well, my expectations were as low as they could be, and I thought it was utterly hideous. I wouldn't have believed that level of suckitude was even possible without actually witnessing it.