[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Names for a last place trophy

kw_gullatt06

Looking for a good name for a trophy for the team that finishes last. I am in a league with a bunch of friends and it is way more intense than my money leagues and since Im not going to finish last place I think it would be a great idea to create a trophy for the guy whose team is a joke lol So lets hear some names....

...or alternately, you could rub the salt in the wound of TWO people by determining (if this is a new trophy in an existing league) who is the most woe-begotten owner in league history and name it after that guy (i.e. "remember when Larry drafted Jon Kitna first overall? Hi-LAR-ious, let's name the last place trophy 'The Larry Carlson Memorial Trophy' ").

Or just name it after the first recipient (i.e. "Can you change the name of that f*cking last place trophy? I've won the league 3 of the past 5 years! I just had bad luck that first year!" "No, we can't.").

Good way to give the business to TWO owners for suckage every year.

...or alternately, you could rub the salt in the wound of TWO people by determining (if this is a new trophy in an existing league) who is the most woe-begotten owner in league history and name it after that guy (i.e. "remember when Larry drafted Jon Kitna first overall? Hi-LAR-ious, let's name the last place trophy 'The Larry Carlson Memorial Trophy' ").

Good way to give the business to TWO owners for suckage every year.

I like this idea. In my 'friends' league, we have an owner who is usually the worst or if he's not he always complains the most. I pictured naming it after him and it's priceless.

IF there's a guy like that in your league, I think this is the way to go.

Or better, to keep alive the memory of former owners who sank to new lows of bad drafting, like a dude in one of my leagues who drafted Tony Banks in the first round in 2000 (he was a Michigan State homer and a second-year FF tool).

On a semi-related note, I heard a cleaned-up curse today that might have use for smack talk in leagues with profanity filters or sensitive owners: "incestuous kinslaying oathbreaker." Made me laugh for a short moment before I returned to my misery in watching Michigan get stomped by Ohio State.

Toilet Bowl.....

Here's what we do in our 15+ year friends money league. 12 teams - 8 make the playoffs. The last four play FOR the Toilet Bowl as a secondary prize. Why? We keep two each year and the winner gets first pick in the next draft (all others ranked by finishing order). And it keeps teams from tanking if they don't make the real playoffs.

And yes, we do have an actual toilet seat that the winner signs and passes on each year.

"My Team Sucked Award"

"Fumb Duck Award"

"I paid for your entry fee and prize money" or "First Donator" (sp?)

"Invented New Physics Award" (b/c their team sucks and blows, all the same time!)

"Craptastic! Award"

I know... I'm kind of stretching a bit here.

ETA: Thanks to buddah's post below, how about "League Bitch"?

Edited by lennykravitz2004