[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When is the last time...

muck

you are assuming these teams under 500 win these games. I simply do not agree they do. They showed on the field when they couldnt beat 2-9 wash St they are not good. So simple math doesnt guarantee wins, like you are assuming.

Again, I only assumed that half would win. And both of us know the kinds of teams these schools would be playing with that game. If you're implying a 5-6 ASU team couldn't beat a random MAC team (or at least be favored, because, again, I'm not assuming that all of them would win).

You keep leaning on that loss to WSU. Dude, chight happens. OSU is not a great team. I've never said they were. But they're good enough to be the magical 6-6 that you covet so much if they were to trade any of those 4 top 10 teams on their schedule for the sorts of cream-puffs that most BCS teams play.

Again, I only assumed that half would win. And both of us know the kinds of teams these schools would be playing with that game. If you're implying a 5-6 ASU team couldn't beat a random MAC team (or at least be favored, because, again, I'm not assuming that all of them would win).

You keep leaning on that loss to WSU. Dude, chight happens. OSU is not a great team. I've never said they were. But they're good enough to be the magical 6-6 that you covet so much if they were to trade any of those 4 top 10 teams on their schedule for the sorts of cream-puffs that most BCS teams play.

You keep leaning on these under 500 teams would win games, when they lost games all year. yea chit happens, and the Pac-10 sucks as a result. end of story. And what 4 top 10 teams. the only top 10 teams are TCU and Boise, and Oregon St lost to both, along with loses to Wash st, which that would have got them in a bowl regardless of those 2 loses.

And let me make one thing perfectly clear. I don't thing UW, ASU, Cal, OSU, or UCLA are particularly good teams. I just don't think that Texas Tech of Illinois, or Clemson, or any of the other bad teams from other conferences that were able to ride worse schedules to 6-7 wins are any better. So, don't try and prove your point by saying OSU is not a good team. Because I completely agree.

My issue is this and this only. That your point about the Pac 10 being weak because it only has 3 bowl teams is lame. That is all.

You keep leaning on these under 500 teams would win games, when they lost games all year. yea chit happens, and the Pac-10 sucks as a result. end of story. And what 4 top 10 teams. the only top 10 teams are TCU and Boise, and Oregon St lost to both, along with loses to Wash st, which that would have got them in a bowl regardless of those 2 loses.

Um they just lost to Stanford and will either lose to OU or be bowl eligible anyway. So, assuming they're on the outside looking in, they will have 4 losses against top 10ish teams. There may be some schools from other conferences that have as many losses to top 10ish teams that have managed to get to 6 wins, but I doubt it is many.

Sargeant Ryan, LTD, Boomer Sooner, Brent, Sooner Nation, Whatever his name is wants to continue to bash the Pac-10 because they, at this point, only have 3 of 10 teams that are bowl eligible. Yet a close look at the Big 12 that he touts as having 8 of the 12 teams bowl eligible shows a stark difference as to why they have more teams that are bowl eligible.

Each Big 12 team plays 4 out of conference games, the Pac-10 plays 3. Here are the OOC schedule for the teams that are bowl eligible in the Big 12 conference:

North

Nebraska 10-2 (W. Kentucky, Idaho, Washington, S. Dakota St)

Missouri 10-2 (Illinois, McNeese St, San Diego St, Miami of Ohio)

Kansas St 7-5 (UCLA, Missouri St, Central Florida, North Texas)

South

Oklahoma 10-2 (Utah St, Cinncinatti, Florida St, Air Force

Oklahoma St. 10-2 (WSU, Troy, Tulsa, Lou-Lafayette)

Texas A&M 9-3 (Stephen F. Austin, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Arkansas)

Baylor 7-5 (Sam Houston St, TCU, Buffalo, Rice)

Texas Tech 7-5 (SMU, New Mexico St, Weber St, Houston)

To become bowl eligible the Big 12 team needs to win 2 games in conference after they play their "murders row" OOC schedule. 3 teams that finished 7-5 finished the season .500 or less in the conference. The remaining teams in the Big 12 ... Iowa St, Colorado, Kansas and Texas. Look at the bottom half of the BIig 12 and I think it's realistic to include Baylor, Kansas St and Texas Teck in that group how tough is it to win 2,3 conference games to become bowl eligible? Any unbiased person would agree. Let's not forget that the 9th place team in the Pac-10 - UCLA - beat perennial Big 12 powerhouse - Texas - who is obviously down this year 34-12 in Texas.

This Big 12 clown (whoever he is?) constantly say's I tout the Pac-10 as the superior conference in football but I've never made that claim. In years past I have said that I would place the Pac-10 in 2nd behind the SEC. This year I would agree that the Pac-10 is down. Our best team and probably the best team in college football over the last 7-8 years, USC, has been hurt by probation, lost recruits, coaching change, no bowl incentive, etc. - Oregon State is down, UCLA is down, Cal is down so yes, the Pac-10 has had a tough year but there's still parity. There is only 1 maybe 2 "easy outs' in this conference right now and one of those could become bowl eligible with a win in their rivalry game this week. WSU is playing better as of late, going into OSU and getting a win and playing Stanford and Cal tough recently.

Mr. Alias starting his "Pac-10 only has 3 teams bowl eligible" when there were still 2 games left in the conference :wacko: which tells you something about this punk that hides behind multiple masks. The reality is that if Oregon State, Washington and Arizona State wins this weekend the Pac-10 will have a higher percentage of bowl eligible teams (70%) than the Big 12. I know USC can't go but they have the necessary wins to be bowl eligible so they should be included in the conversation.

The only thing I have said about the Pac-10 earlier in the year is that historically they have teams suffer in the Top 25 standings because of playing tough games in conference which normally knocks Pac-10 teams from the Top 25 when they are probably deserving of that ranking. and that the Pac-10 is tough from top to bottom. I stand by that commment 100%. This is how I would rank the 4 power conferences in 2010:

SEC

Big 10

Big 12

Pac 10

And let's not forget that the Pac-10 has 2 of the Top 4 teams in the BCS standings :tup:

Edited by theprofessor

Sargeant Ryan, LTD, Boomer Sooner, Breat. Sooner Nations, Whatever his name is wants to continue to bash the Pac-10 because they, at this point, only have 3 of 10 teams that are bowl eligible. Yet a close look at the Big 12 that he touts as having 8 of the 12 teams bowl eligible shows a stark difference as to why they have more teams that are bowl eligible.

Each Big 12 team plays 4 out of conference games, the Pac-10 plays 3. Here are the OOC schedule for the teams that are bowl eligible in the Big 12 conference:

North

Nebraska 10-2 (W. Kentucky, Idaho, Washington, S. Dakota St)

Missouri 10-2 (Illinois, McNeese St, San Diego St, Miami of Ohio)

Kansas St 7-5 (UCLA, Missouri St, Central Florida, North Texas)

South

Oklahoma 10-2 (Utah St, Cinncinatti, Florida St, Air Force

Oklahoma St. 10-2 (WSU, Troy, Tulsa, Lou-Lafayette)

Texas A&M 9-3 (Stephen F. Austin, Louisiana Tech, Florida International, Arkansas)

Baylor 7-5 (Sam Houston St, TCU, Buffalo, Rice)

Texas Tech 7-5 (SMU, New Mexico St, Weber St, Houston)

To become bowl eligible the Big 12 team needs to win 2 games in conference after they play their "murders row" OOC schedule. 3 teams that finished 7-5 finished the season .500 or less in the conference. The remaining teams in the Big 12 ... Iowa St, Colorado, Kansas and Texas. Look at the bottom half of the BIig 12 and I think it's realistic to include Baylor, Kansas St and Texas Teck in that group how tough is it to win 2,3 conference games to become bowl eligible? Any unbiased person would agree. Let's not forget that the 9th place team in the Pac-10 - UCLA - beat perennial Big 12 powerhouse - Texas - who is obviously down this year 34-12 in Texas.

This Big 12 clown (whoever he is?) constantly say's I tout the Pac-10 as the superior conference in football but I've never made that claim. In years past I have said that I would place the Pac-10 in 2nd behind the SEC. This year I would agree that the Pac-10 is down. Our best team and probably the best team in college football over the last 7-8 years, USC, has been hurt by probation, lost recruits, coaching change, no bowl incentive, etc. - Oregon State is down, UCLA is down, Cal is down so yes, the Pac-10 has had a tough year but there's still parity. There is only 1 maybe 2 "easy outs' in this conference right now and one of those could become bowl eligible with a win in their rivalry game this week. WSU is playing better as of late, going into OSU and getting a win and playing Stanford and Cal tough recently.

Mr. Alias starting his "Pac-10 only has 3 teams bowl eligible" when there were still 2 games left in the conference :wacko: which tells you something about this punk that hides behind multiple masks. The reality is that if Oregon State, Washington and Arizona State wins this weekend the Pac-10 will have a higher percentage of bowl eligible teams (70%) than the Big 12. I know USC can't go but they have the necessary wins to be bowl eligible so they should be included in the conversation.

The only thing I have said about the Pac-10 earlier in the year is that historically they have teams suffer in the Top 25 standings because of playing tough games in conference which normally knocks Pac-10 teams from the Top 25 when they are probably deserving of that ranking. and that the Pac-10 is tough from top to bottom. I stand by that commment 100%. This is how I would rank the 4 power conferences in 2010:

SEC

Big 10

Big 12

Pac 10

And let's not forget that the Pac-10 has 2 of the Top 4 teams in the BCS standings :tup:

Well put.