[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson ejected

montster

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was watching an NFL game and a NHL game broke out. Lol..seriously man. If this were a crime as some of you are insinuating, then 75% of the NHL would be in jail. I remember the good ole days when Nolan Ryan would knock the crap out of guys charging the mound. Get where I'm going? 1 game suspension if that and a nice hefty fine. Get over it.

AJ did lose his cool, but this is probably the first time he's ever gotten into trouble. Finnegan instigated the entire situation and absolutely deserved what he got.

This.... And if someone tried to rip my head off by my helmet like opie did to Johnson I'd go berserk too

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

what did Seymour get fined for his hit to Big Ben's head last week, or maybe two weeks ago? AJ's fine has to be at least that and probably more for the multiple hits...esp with helmet off. Finn should get fined too obviously...

I have posted this in the past but here it is again:

2010 Schedule of Fines

In the interest of reducing the risk of serious player injury, coaches and players should

be mindful of the following point of emphasis for the 2010 season:

The League will continue to stress enforcement of the personal foul

rules, with special emphasis on the unnecessary roughness and

roughing the passer rules that prohibit hits on players in defenseless

positions, including passers in the act of passing, receivers in the

process of attempting to catch a pass, a runner whose forward

progress has been stopped and is already in the grasp of a tackler, a

kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick, and a player on the

ground at the end of a play. You should pay special attention to the

rule approved this year concerning players leading with the shoulder,

forearm, or helmet when making contact with the head or neck area

of any defenseless player. These hits are illegal and will result in onfield

penalties and potential discipline by the league.

Fines listed are minimums unless otherwise specified. Other forms of discipline,

including higher fines, suspension and banishment may also be imposed, based on the

circumstances of the particular violation. First offenses are subject to severe discipline

up to and including suspension.

Players who were fined for violations in 2008 or 2009 and whose fines were either

partially or fully upheld, will be considered second and/or repeat offenders under this

policy. Rescission of fines for first offenders shall not be automatic.

Violation................................................... First Offense................................. Second Offense

Offense Against Game Official

A. Physical Contact with Offcial ..............................................$25 000............................................... $50,000

B. Verbal or other Non-Physical Offense Aqainst Official ......$20,000 ...............................................$40,000

Flagrant Personal Foul .................Suspension or fine; severity to be determined by degree of violation; the fine may be.$10 000 or higher for first offense.

Fighting

Fighting...................................... ........................................... $10,000 ..................$25,000

Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area(active involvement)................$5,000 ....................$10,000

Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area(no active involvement)...........$2,500 .....................$7,500

Sportsmanship

Excessive Profanity; other Unsportsmanlike Conduct ................$10,000.................. $20,000

(e.g., toward opponent(s) , game personnel fans etc.)

Taunting ..................................................$7,500 .....................$10,000

Football Into Stands............................... $5,000 .....................$10,000

Edited by keggerz

I

Fines listed are minimums unless otherwise specified. Other forms of discipline,

including higher fines, suspension and banishment may also be imposed, based on the

circumstances of the particular violation. First offenses are subject to severe discipline

up to and including suspension.

Fighting

Fiqhtinq...................................... ........................................... $10,000 ..................$25,000

Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area(active involvement)................$5,000 ....................$10,000

Unnecessarily Entering Fight Area(no active involvement)...........$2,500 .....................$7,500

This fight looks to be more than the $10K minimum fine

This fight looks to be more than the $10K minimum fine

I just saw it and I would agree...but no way it approaches 100K especially not for AJ

edit: and it looked like the 1st punch came from finnegan while AJ had his helmet on

Edited by keggerz

+1

It will happen. Andre was throwing punches at Cortland's face while he was down.

Absolutely.

But Andre is the one who lost his temper and started swinging.

Finnegan is a jerkoff and has even said he wants to be considered the NFLs dirtiest player

Yup.

The U alumni continue to show the league their worth.

Wow, just lost a lot of respect for you there KP. I wouldn't ever expect you to make such a rediculous blanket statement like that. Johnson is considered by most to be one of the games nicest & laid back players.

AJ did lose his cool, but this is probably the first time he's ever gotten into trouble. Finnegan instigated the entire situation and absolutely deserved what he got.

Finnegan has already been fined two or three times THIS SEASON for fighting.

Dec. 19th at Tennessee should be interesting if both are not suspended and on the field.....Round 2 ding ding :wacko:

This isn't the first time these two have gotten into it, just hasn't ever been this bad. I'm actually kind of glad AJ put an ass whipping on him! He's a jerkoff who has been deserving of this for awhile now!