[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Johnson ejected

montster

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't the first time these two have gotten into it, just hasn't ever been this bad. I'm actually kind of glad AJ put an ass whipping on him! He's a jerkoff who has been deserving of this for awhile now!

Agreed :tup: WTG AJ kick his punk ass :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Dude.........really?? I'd agree with you 99.9% of the time, but AJ??? This is the first time I've ever heard of him doing something not considered "professional".

Wow, just lost a lot of respect for you there KP. I wouldn't ever expect you to make such a rediculous blanket statement like that. Johnson is considered by most to be one of the games nicest & laid back players.

:wacko:

Calm down gentlemen, no need to get your panties in a bunch. It was a shot at The U, not AJ - and it definitely wasn't meant to get AJ-Apologists all wound up. (Miami fans, maybe)

I know AJ is a standout professional, and the U has produced one or two others (Frank Gore).

Like I said earlier, no doubt Cortland is dirty - but you can't argue Andre lost his composure.

Will be curious to see how the NFL handles this. Seymour hit Ben with a helmet on, and while it wasn't a mutual fight like this one - I still have to think both players will get slapped much more than Seymour.

won't happen...there is a schedule of fines and it will be based off of that and I think this is his first offense and I think the fine amount for that is $25K

Rodger Goodell. This is a little bit bigger than two knuckleheads punching each others helmets.

Dude.........really?? I'd agree with you 99.9% of the time, but AJ??? This is the first time I've ever heard of him doing something not considered "professional".

I wouldn't consider him as being professional. I remember him getting ejected or nearly ejected from a SNF game years ago after immature actions. Lets not act like this guy isn't a diva WR... How many years did he have left on his contract before he starting bitching this past off season?

Calm down gentlemen, no need to get your panties in a bunch. It was a shot at The U, not AJ - and it definitely wasn't meant to get AJ-Apologists all wound up. (Miami fans, maybe)

I know AJ is a standout professional, and the U has produced one or two others (Frank Gore).

Like I said earlier, no doubt Cortland is dirty - but you can't argue Andre lost his composure.

Will be curious to see how the NFL handles this. Seymour hit Ben with a helmet on, and while it wasn't a mutual fight like this one - I still have to think both players will get slapped much more than Seymour.

it wasn't seymour's first offense

if you punch someone like that in real life you go to jail for months. No way Johnson should even be able to play again this year IMO.This is pretty serious, he was on top of him reigning down punches, it's just not exceptable.

You never been to a hockey game I guess.

Rodger Goodell. This is a little bit bigger than two knuckleheads punching each others helmets.

I wouldn't consider him as being professional. I remember him getting ejected or nearly ejected from a SNF game years ago after immature actions. Lets not act like this guy isn't a diva WR... How many years did he have left on his contract before he starting bitching this past off season?

:wacko: He held out one practice......and then re-joined his team under his then current contract. He's a franchise player and wanted to sign long term contract with his current team. He's now signed through 2016 and I think both sides are happy.

He's sertainly not a diva WR, by any means. In a world of TOs, Ochos and Brandon Marshall's player's like AJ are a breath of fresh air.

:wacko: He held out one practice......and then re-joined his team under his then current contract. He's a franchise player and wanted to sign long term contract with his current team. He's now signed through 2016 and I think both sides are happy.

He's sertainly not a diva WR, by any means. In a world of TOs, Ochos and Brandon Marshall's player's like AJ are a breath of fresh air.

Plus a million

He pulled someones helmet off, threw them to the ground, stood over them and threw punches to the head. Don't forget that Rodger Goodell is cleaning up the league. You guys can talk all you want about Roethlisberger being suspended for 4 games, but that doesn't equate. He was never charged in anything... Andre committed assult on national telivision.

I think 100k fine and two games.

Drama Queen, do you watch Dancing with the Stars?

Edited by bushwacked

Ocho's on the field antics are uncanny, yes - but he loves the Bengals and has done more for the fans of Cincinnati than most any other player in the NFL has done for their team. He helps sellout that stadium week in and week out, and then hands the tickets away to fans for free - as well as takes out hundreds of random fans a week to dinner or movies, so long as they show their NFL pride. (That's home and away fans, by the way)

But yes, compared to TO and Marshall, Andre is a class act.

Ocho's on the field antics are uncanny, yes - but he loves the Bengals and has done more for the fans of Cincinnati than most any other player in the NFL has done for their team. He helps sellout that stadium week in and week out, and then hands the tickets away to fans for free - as well as takes out hundreds of random fans a week to dinner or movies, so long as they show their NFL pride. (That's home and away fans, by the way)

But yes, compared to TO and Marshall, Andre is a class act.

Hey, I like Ocho and think he's a funny dude. But he is often a distraction for his team and team mates as well.

ridiculous post.

Didn't his contract have 5 more years left on it? I'm not saying his diva level is that of Owens, or Marshall, but I don't recall Chad Johnson ever ripping someones helmet off, throwing them to the ground and punching them in the back of the head.

You AJ nuthuggers can work it whatever way you want, but some knucklehead that commits assult isn't a breath of fresh air. He's just another hot headed receiver.

ridiculous post.

How so? Instead of telling me it's ridiculous tell me where I'm off on this one. I think the suspension and fine will be greater than due to Rodger Goodell and his power trip. That's not me being anti-AJ.

And I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he's a diva/knucklehead WR. Any way you shake it, very few WR's or players in the NFL have ever reacted to getting hit in the face mask the way he did.

How so? Instead of telling me it's ridiculous tell me where I'm off on this one. I think the suspension and fine will be greater than due to Rodger Goodell and his power trip. That's not me being anti-AJ.

And I'm not saying he's a bad guy, but he's a diva/knucklehead WR. Any way you shake it, very few WR's or players in the NFL have ever reacted to getting hit in the face mask the way he did.

I highly doubt this was a knee jerk reaction to this one isolated incident. I'm sure the history between the two, the fact finnegan is a Penny Laneing known dirty player, and the taunting pinching spitting punching slurs and or whatever else finnegan had been doing to him in this game and others added to this blow up by johnson. You don't just haul off on a guy like that with no real known history of that type of behavior without a reason.

Didn't his contract have 5 more years left on it? I'm not saying his diva level is that of Owens, or Marshall, but I don't recall Chad Johnson ever ripping someones helmet off, throwing them to the ground and punching them in the back of the head.

You AJ nuthuggers can work it whatever way you want, but some knucklehead that commits assult isn't a breath of fresh air. He's just another hot headed receiver.

He's a human being that lost his temper. It's prety much an isolated incident, IMO.

Here's the full play/aftermath, including a replay from the previous play.

Previous play at 4:34. Finnegan I believe, is the first one to get his hand in AJ's face. Then he comes out on the next play and immediately goes to AJ's face. I for one love AJ's handling of the situation. Game is in hand. He's already beat Finnegan on the field, so then he beats him on the field. Guy deserved what he got.

Did AJ lose his composure? Yup. Does that make it any less satisfying to watch? Nope.

"I really don't have anything to say about Cortland," Johnson said in his apology to his teammates (via FanHouse). "I would like to apologize to the organization, our owner & my teammates. What happened out there today was not me. I just lost my cool and I wish that I could take back what happened, but I can't."

He added: "I think that [Finnegan] was frustrated with what was going on during the game," Johnson said. "He kept doing little things, and I told him, 'Just because you're frustrated, you need to stop what you're doing.' And I guess he thought it was funny. He was mad because we exchanged some words. He tried to quick jam me (on the play of the fight) because he thought I wasn't looking. He snatched my helmet off and I snatched his off and it went from there."

Edited by Ziachild007

AJ's been in the league for 8 years and from all accounts has been anything but a diva wr. You may remember 1 game where he was ejected or almost ejected but noone else remembers that. listen to his interview afterwards. Just seems like a high character guy. I know that's hard to believe because he's one of, if not the game's best wr and he went to the U, but i have not heard of any evidence to contradict this. Everyone reaches their boiling point from time to time.