[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No Philly/Bears thread so.....

rocknrobn26

Assuming the Bears qualify as a solid defense, you don't think 29 of 44 for 333 yards, 2 TD's and 1 INT on a tipped ball is better than average?

ETA- 44 yards rushing on 9 attempts as well. Forgot that part.

average as in Average good QB

What was the score?

I'm not sure I understand your point here. I think we can agree that the Bears are a solid D. Vick put up almost 400 total yards and 2 TDs against a solid D with 1 interception (his first of the year BTW). I think the outcome of the game had more to do with the Eagles missing their top 2 corners then it had to do with Vick having a bad game. Don't get me wrong, the Bears played a better game but I can't see how you put this loss on Vick. The Eagles couldn't tackle most of the game and the O-line didn't really give Vick much time to make a play.

I'm not sure I understand your point here. I think we can agree that the Bears are a solid D. Vick put up almost 400 total yards and 2 TDs against a solid D with 1 interception (his first of the year BTW). I think the outcome of the game had more to do with the Eagles missing their top 2 corners then it had to do with Vick having a bad game. Don't get me wrong, the Bears played a better game but I can't see how you put this loss on Vick. The Eagles couldn't tackle most of the game and the O-line didn't really give Vick much time to make a play.

An observation:

Vick ran the first half and owned the ball for 19 of 30 minutes, yet only got 1 TD. He couldn't punch it in. He scored half his points in the fourth quarter. In essence he did nothing in the 3rd. and that broke the game for him. Not having your corners had an effect, but I think the front four rush is something that Vick isn't used to and no Rec. wide open affected him. Not a dis, but I think it the Bear D had his number. Whether that's his bad or not is a point of discussion, but I think he takes 53% of the blame.

uh, even though the Falcons beat the Packers today?

:tup::wacko:

I still have Packers over them...but have Bears over Eagles due to yesterdays games....

and yes I knew someone would say something about that....but the Bears had the edge the entire game while the Packers game appeared more even to me.....I was really impressed with what the Bears did to us yesterday and brought the Eagles offense really down to earth..

I still have Packers over them...but have Bears over Eagles due to yesterdays games....

and yes I knew someone would say something about that....but the Bears had the edge the entire game while the Packers game appeared more even to me.....I was really impressed with what the Bears did to us yesterday and brought the Eagles offense really down to earth..

The Bears played well defensively against the Eagles, but its much easier to do so when the offense has to be one-dimensional because they are playing from behind.

I blame this one on an uninspired defensive effort...which is inexcusible at this point in the season. I understand that hangovers are natural (after beating WAS and NYG the last two weeks in huge emotional games), but this wasn't a non-conference game against a 3-7 team...it was a huge NFC battle with playoff implications.

With the defense giving up enormous plays (6 plays of 30+ yards), and putting the offense in a hole, it limited the play-action playcalling, and the Bears could pin their ears back and bull rush, making Vick very uncomfortable (as it would any QB....ask Manning after what the Chargers did to him last night).

All that being said, we're still in first place, control our own destiny....and were given a solid dose of reality. Many locally are speculating that the Eagles looked like a team that was believeing the national hype...that they are one of the best in the league. They may be, but they played like they had already won....that should change going forward.

That game should bring Philly fans back down to Earth

Why? because they lost by 5 at the NFC North leader's house, coming off two hugh wins over divisional opponents, and a big win over the Colts?

I still think they win the division, and likely a home playoff game. But go back two months, and most here, even Eagles fans, felt this was a rebuilding year, an 8-8 season, as the team regrouped for their next run. They are already playing with house money, and entering December, completely control their own destiny. Can't ask for much more than that.

Its not like they were picked to win the division, and even possibly compete for the Super Bowl....and are in last place :wacko:

Why? because they lost by 5 at the NFC North leader's house, coming off two hugh wins over divisional opponents, and a big win over the Colts?

I still think they win the division, and likely a home playoff game. But go back two months, and most here, even Eagles fans, felt this was a rebuilding year, an 8-8 season, as the team regrouped for their next run. They are already playing with house money, and entering December, completely control their own destiny. Can't ask for much more than that.

Its not like they were picked to win the division, and even possibly compete for the Super Bowl....and are in last place :wacko:

I call bullchit. You might want to paint this picture so you can fall back on it when Reid does his pattented poor decision in a playoff game costing them a win Routine but you are past that point now. We have all been told Vick is league MVP and the Birds were NFC elite . That is your expectations now. and yes Dallas Stinks and their season is laughable. We have know this for months now

:tup: there's a pattern developing for years now, philly is pretty much always a better team and makes it farther than dallas, but philly never wins it all. so come december/january every year, dallas fans have been reduced to schadenfreude watching from the sidelines when the eagles lose.

on the other hand...a seriously legit win for the bears. best team in the NFC? who the heck knows, but their claim looks as strong as anyone else's right now. I keep thinking in my head they're not a great team, but they keep winning games :wacko:

Edited by Azazello1313

:wacko: there's a pattern developing for years now, philly is pretty much always a better team and makes it farther than dallas, but philly never wins it all. so come december/january every year, dallas fans have been reduced to schadenfreude watching from the sidelines when the eagles lose.

Hang on. Ill PM Ursa to find out what this means and be back with a witty reponse shortly

I call bullchit. You might want to paint this picture so you can fall back on it when Reid does his pattented poor decision in a playoff game costing them a win Routine but you are past that point now. We have all been told Vick is league MVP and the Birds were NFC elite . That is your expectations now. and yes Dallas Stinks and their season is laughable. We have know this for months now

yep that is our expectations now....why would they change because we lost a game?

Doesn't change the fact that, going into this year, the expecations were of an 8-8 year at best. So yes, playing meaningful games into December IS the definition of playing with house money.

ETA: By the way, what poor decisions did Reid make that cost the team a playoff game? By the use of the word "routine", it sounds like there must be several of them?

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

yep that is our expectations now....why would they change because we lost a game?

Doesn't change the fact that, going into this year, the expecations were of an 8-8 year at best. So yes, playing meaningful games into December IS the definition of playing with house money.

ETA: By the way, what poor decisions did Reid make that cost the team a playoff game? By the use of the word "routine", it sounds like there must be several of them?

Nobody is saying the expectations should change which is why I am calling you out on the house money mumbo jumbo. Vick, your version of pacman jones that you abused Dallas for taking on a few years back, has been playing off the charts and you now have new expectations. I just thing the house money angle is a cop out and makes you sound a little scared.

Nobody is saying the expectations should change which is why I am calling you out on the house money mumbo jumbo. Vick, your version of pacman jones that you abused Dallas for taking on a few years back, has been playing off the charts and you now have new expectations. I just thing the house money angle is a cop out and makes you sound a little scared.

fyi, not all of us left earth (me)...and some of use expected better than 8-8 this year (me)

The Bears have a healthy defense. Something they havent had since the Super Bowl run a few years back.

Their special teams are still one of the best in the league.

Their makeshiftc o-line is really coming together, and if Cutler keeps his play up instead of sulking and getting into his own head, then the Bears could easily be one of the top 2 seeds come January.

they also have a schedule with the Jets and patriots, but they are both at HOME, and they have to play at each division opponent, but with AP getting hurt, and the Lions banged up, they are in the right place at the right time . . . which is the story of their whole season. They dont make the schedule, but they are doing what they HAVE to do when handed gifts like facing people that get major injury issues before they play them. THEY WIN when they are supposed to win and capitalize when others are not at full strength.