[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best

giantsfan

From RotoWorld, posted 11/25/10, below ... I've not looked at any other sites, or reviewed the game logs ... italics below are mine:

Jahvid Best barely played in Thursday's loss to the Patriots and did not record a single touch. Best was in on the fourth play from scrimmage and ran an out route from the slot. After that, we didn't see him on the field again. It's clear that the Lions only have Best active as insurance -- his toes aren't allowing him to play.

Best did NOT play according to the official nfl gamebook.... http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/5...ET_Gamebook.pdf

according to the official nfl gamebook he is listed under DID NOT PLAY (under substitutions)

edit: Also Profootballfocus.com doesn't have him playing any snaps (but you have to be a paid member to see that)

also according to NFL.com he didn't start and didn't play(Zero under G means no play, Zero under GS means he didn't start) http://www.nfl.com/players/jahvidbest/gamelogs?id=BES682260

Edited by keggerz

Thanks Keg. That is why this is confusing. Some sites say he was in for a play, but the gamebook says no. I thought I saw him for a play also. Very weird situation.

I just checked NFLN to see if they had the replay of the game available with OnDemand and it isn't available, at least not yet....but with that said the NFL Gamebook is official and where stats are generated from.

I watched the game and I am pretty sure he went out and lined up as a WR for one play. I could not find any information leading up until game time that he would not play. They even had him in the starting lineup as shown on the TV broadcast. But as they were showing it Morris was lined up in the backfield for the first play.

I watched the game and I am pretty sure he went out and lined up as a WR for one play. I could not find any information leading up until game time that he would not play. They even had him in the starting lineup as shown on the TV broadcast. But as they were showing it Morris was lined up in the backfield for the first play.

That part seems clear. If he did play a play (and I think he did) he was lined out out wide or in the slot and not in the traditional RB position. Maybe that is what's making this so tricky.

Sure it's confusing, but does it matter in your league for some reason?

Yes. In one of my leagues if you start a guy and he DOES NOT PLAY AT ALL MEANING DOES NOT TOUCH THE FIELD you get whomever you designate as his backup prior to kickoff of the 1:00 games. So you need to have your full lineup in at 1. Can't change at 3:45 let's say. Don't love it, but that is the rule. And quite frankly it has never been an issue in my 14 years in the league. Normally it is cut and dry. Played a play or not. But this case is crazy as you see.

To me the guy should get s*rewed anyway. He decided to let Best play over Tolbert. So he started a WAY less than 100% Best (who hasn't done anything since week 2) against a tough NE D over a Tolbert who was just about a lock to get 20 carries (and GL carries for sure) against an awful Colts run D. For that he should lose anyway.

And for the record, I am not involved in the game. Just want to get it right.

Yes. In one of my leagues if you start a guy and he DOES NOT PLAY AT ALL MEANING DOES NOT TOUCH THE FIELD you get whomever you designate as his backup prior to kickoff of the 1:00 games. So you need to have your full lineup in at 1. Can't change at 3:45 let's say. Don't love it, but that is the rule. And quite frankly it has never been an issue in my 14 years in the league. Normally it is cut and dry. Played a play or not. But this case is crazy as you see.

To me the guy should get s*rewed anyway. He decided to let Best play over Tolbert. So he started a WAY less than 100% Best (who hasn't done anything since week 2) against a tough NE D over a Tolbert who was just about a lock to get 20 carries (and GL carries for sure) against an awful Colts run D. For that he should lose anyway.

And for the record, I am not involved in the game. Just want to get it right.

Dude, that's waayyy to complicated. Someone likely got bent because he got knocked out of a play-off spot by a guy who beat someone who'd given up and didn't bother to change his line-up despite having a dude on bye. So this was how he proposed to "fix" it. And now there's likely a game in the balance because someone might get bailed out of a stupid line-up decision by the fact that some dude may have not seen the field so you actually need to check game logs and distill conflicting reports.

It should never come to that.

One of the rules I have always insisted upon is, if you need to go mining for any data that your league website doesn't download for you, you scrap that scoring rule.

Edited by detlef

Dude, that's waayyy to complicated. Someone likely got bent because he got knocked out of a play-off spot by a guy who beat someone who'd given up and didn't bother to change his line-up despite having a dude on bye. So this was how he proposed to "fix" it. And now there's likely a game in the balance because someone might get bailed out of a stupid line-up decision by the fact that some dude may have not seen the field so you actually need to check game logs and distill conflicting reports.

It should never come to that.

One of the rules I have always insisted upon is, if you need to go mining for any data that your league website doesn't download for you, you scrap that scoring rule.

I don't disagree, but again not that huge a deal. Normally is cut and dry AND normally isn't an issue. In 14 years this is maybe the 1st time there was an issue. Maybe the 2nd at worst.

I don't disagree, but again not that huge a deal. Normally is cut and dry AND normally isn't an issue. In 14 years this is maybe the 1st time there was an issue. Maybe the 2nd at worst.

IF the game ends up being replayed by NFLN I will dvr it and run thru it to see if he played that play in the first series for you...i tried to search the net and couldn't find any game video

IF the game ends up being replayed by NFLN I will dvr it and run thru it to see if he played that play in the first series for you...i tried to search the net and couldn't find any game video

Thanks Keg. Like you said it would be that first series or bust. First few plays tops.

I was on the computer for 3 hours before kickoff and there was no inclination that Best was not playing. Everything said he was starting. If your a Best owner and did any kind of homework than you stated Best thinking he was going to tough out most of the game.

And I swear I saw him lineup as a wideout. The annoucers even commented on it. But then he was gone.

On the broadcast I was watching, the announcers noted that Best was in for a play early in the game. He was lined up in the slot on the left side. I believe the play was a run to the right by Morris. That's the only time I heard his name involved with a play the entire game. Now, the announcers could have screwed up and it wasn't actually him (I wasn't paying that close attention), but they did mention him being in the one time.

On the broadcast I was watching, the announcers noted that Best was in for a play early in the game. He was lined up in the slot on the left side. I believe the play was a run to the right by Morris. That's the only time I heard his name involved with a play the entire game. Now, the announcers could have screwed up and it wasn't actually him (I wasn't paying that close attention), but they did mention him being in the one time.

I am almost 100% certain I saw him run onto the field.

I loathe Best and now hate the DET coaching staff more than any other team's for misleading the fantasy football crowd about Best's toes - if they were getting progressively worse, why say repeatedly that they're getting progressively better? They clearly just wanted to sabotage my season.

Per CBS, he was indeed in for one play:

Jahvid Best was active for the Lions' Week 12 game vs. the Patriots on Thanksgiving and even listed as the starter before the game on the official team web site. But Best was spotted on one play on the first series and didn't sniff the field again. Maurice Morris and Aaron Brown took on most of the rushing workload and were the primary contributors for Detroit's 129 rush yards.

(Updated 11/25/2010).

I loathe Best and now hate the DET coaching staff more than any other team's for misleading the fantasy football crowd about Best's toes - if they were getting progressively worse, why say repeatedly that they're getting progressively better? They clearly just wanted to sabotage my season.

:wacko: Turf toe is a very goofy injury. I had a bad case in college and it will STILL act up from time to time almost a decade later when playing basketball or flag football . . .