[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Kid Cid

Brussels sprouts are the best green vegetable - hands down - when cooked properly. I like to put them on the grill.

I make a "tray" using two sheets of aluminum foil. I just about completely cover the bottom of the tray with olive oil. I add sea salt and freshly ground pepper to the oil. Then I rub the sprouts in the oil cut side down. I drizzle a little more olive oil over the top. Add a little more salt and pepper. Then cover the tray with another sheet of foil (you may be able to fold the tray over the top of the sprouts). You want a nice little "packet" in which the cut side of the sprouts lay flat on the bottom.

(You could probably use the plastic bag method in the article to accomplish much of this.)

Stick the packet on a hot grill for about ten minutes (maybe a bit more). I'll occasional shake the packet, although I'm not sure if this does anything.) The sprouts get a beautiful char on them.

I can't imagine eating them boiled.

I'm going to add pancetta next time that I cook them.

Pan-roasted Brussel Sprouts with Carrots is the BEST recipe I have ever come across for them. The apple cider vinegar sets off the sweetness of the vegetables in a most excellent fashion.

Here's the recipe on Epicurious.

(but yeah, don't just use butter for the fat. Fry three strips of good, thick bacon. Use the fat from those, and crumble the bacon into the veggies. YUMMMM.)

Edited by cre8tiff