[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man dies after fall at Bears game

MustOfBeenDrunk

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/man-die...12810?Gt1=39002

CHICAGO (AP)

Authorities have identified a man who fell to his death from a ledge at Soldier Field during the Chicago Bears game on Sunday afternoon.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office says 23-year-old Stewart Haverty of suburban Woodstock was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.

Chicago police say Haverty fell around 4:55 p.m. Sunday during the NFL matchup between the Bears and the Philadelphia Eagles.

Chicago Fire Chief Joe Roccasalva says he landed on a small rooftop on the outside the stadium. Witnesses told authorities the man ran to a ledge and jumped.

It's the second death in a week at a major sporting arena. On Nov. 21, a 2-year-old boy fell from a luxury box at the Staples Center during a Los Angeles Lakers game.

never happy when someone dies but I was questioning the title because to me

Fall = accident

Jump = suicide ( not always but it is the 1st thing that comes to mind )

perhaps he "jumped" but he wasn't trying to kill himself. like he thought there was a ledge, or he misjudged a distance. I have no idea the specifics of the case, but I don't think "jump" and "fall" are necessarily at odds in a scenario like this. if his death was accidental, they are going to label it a fall, as something clearly didn't go according to plan. this seems like a weird thing to obsess over :wacko:

perhaps he "jumped" but he wasn't trying to kill himself. like he thought there was a ledge, or he misjudged a distance. I have no idea the specifics of the case, but I don't think "jump" and "fall" are necessarily at odds in a scenario like this. if his death was accidental, they are going to label it a fall, as something clearly didn't go according to plan. this seems like a weird thing to obsess over :wacko:

no obsessing just asked why the wording of the title ,,, I'm a curios kind of girl i guess ??

Apparently his fall did not go according to plan. I blame God for being busy with Steve Johnson.

I don't know how he knows this, but today the VP of my company said the guy was a skilled mountain climber and he climbed to a forbidden area to sneak a smoke. From this area he either fell or jumped (trying to get back down). Usually skilled climber and smoker don't go together but the story makes sense.

See post #5

you know I resemble that remark :wacko::tup:

and yes it was funny but I was trying my best to be PC in a thread about death but this thread has gotten so far off course I guess it doesn't matter any more

now back to work :tup:

never happy when someone dies but I was questioning the title because to me

Fall = accident

Jump = suicide ( not always but it is the 1st thing that comes to mind )

Maybe fall just equals "not floating" or the headline writer is a 24 year old dipdiaper dirt