[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about my CBS league

Chloroform Rx

I've posted before about this league, and how it doesn't have any real waiver system. At 6:00am PST it's a free for all (we're working on changing that for next season). Well, it's worked out foryears apparently until recently. Last week the ADMIN picked up a player at 5:59am. He is a friend of mine and I know he wouldn't do anything to cheat everyone else in the league (really, he wouldn't!). It seems as though his ADMIN privelages allow him to pick up a player whenever he wants, regardless of the w/w being locked. With Gore out, everyone is going to be hitting the wires. How can he change it so that he will NOT be able to pick up players when the waiver wire is locked? He owns Gore so this is going to be crucial, and if he picks up Westbrook at 5:59 diaper dirt will hit the fan.

He said if he disables his admin access it will not allow him to reactivate it being a normal user.

Thoughts?

I've posted before about this league, and how it doesn't have any real waiver system. At 6:00am PST it's a free for all (we're working on changing that for next season). Well, it's worked out foryears apparently until recently. Last week the ADMIN picked up a player at 5:59am. He is a friend of mine and I know he wouldn't do anything to cheat everyone else in the league (really, he wouldn't!). It seems as though his ADMIN privelages allow him to pick up a player whenever he wants, regardless of the w/w being locked. With Gore out, everyone is going to be hitting the wires. How can he change it so that he will NOT be able to pick up players when the waiver wire is locked? He owns Gore so this is going to be crucial, and if he picks up Westbrook at 5:59 diaper dirt will hit the fan.

He said if he disables his admin access it will not allow him to reactivate it being a normal user.

Thoughts?

Years ago (I mean like 10) when we had this same system on CBS the commish also a good friend of mine always seemed to get whomever he wanted.... We always locked it up as him having super fast internet or something :wacko: come to find out he could be like three steps ahead of us with his picking the guys up and just hit ADD Player when the time came. While we had to go through all the necessary steps to even get to that page. Anyway that is why we added waivers oh so long ago as all leagues should have some type of waivers by now. Time to change it next year my man :tup:

We stopped using CBS last year, but I am the commish for our league. Anyone with commissioner access on CBS can do add/drops whenever they want. But if I tried to do it while the rosters were supposed to be locked, then a yellow box would appear with a warning message within it that the change was being done with commissioner privileges. It is hard to miss when this happens.

If I recall correctly, the transaction should also appear in red on the transaction report if he used his commissioner privileges to make the change.

We've been running on CBS since 2000. Currently, we do NOT have a waiver wire.

To make it fair, whoever posts on the message board first (time stamped) will be awarded the transaction.

Historically, seems like the ones who watch the games religously usually post first.

Edited by quest

Impliment the FAAB blind bidding system. I have used it in my leagues on CBS the last 2 years and everyone loves it. Nothing more satisfying than outbidding someone by 1 bid dollar on a Hillis type player and then ripping them about it all year long.

Seriously though, it adds another layer of management and strategy and I highly recomend it.

We've been running on CBS since 2000. Currently, we do NOT have a waiver wire.

To make it fair, whoever posts on the message board first (time stamped) will be awarded the transaction.

Historically, seems like the ones who watch the games religously usually post first.

If you don't have a waiver wire, then why do they have to post a message? Can't they just go pick up the player and the first to get him gets to keep him?

Why would CBS make it so that the commissioner can add people to his team while other people couldn't? What's the point of that? That sounds ridiculous and like an unfair advantage.

I dont think it is in there so a commish can do whatever they please. Any league worth their salt would call out a commish if they saw a shaky move that was against the rules. I think it gives commish access to make changes in case an error needs to be corrected