[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joel Dreessen or Owen Daniels?

Even now, many analysts say that Dreessen only has value as long as Daniels is hurt. So with Daniels missing practice today (2 days before a Thursday night game), it is looking more and more like we could see Dreessen have potential fantasy value for at least 1 more week; But my question is, what about after that?

Kubiak has gone on record as saying that Daniels will "definitely" play in week 14, though he wouldn't commit on his status for this week; But with Daniels missing practice time, one can assume that even if he does play on Thursday, it would only be limited snaps...

They've been holding Daniels out with a hamstring injury, though it is not on the leg that he tore his ACL. They claim that they're waiting for him to be 100%, but I haven't read any positive news or progress other than Kubiak's claim... I know that hamstring injuries don't tend to be serious, and are often related to not being in "game-shape", but I wonder about how effective he Daniels will be when he's spent so much time having to sit and nurse these injuries... Does he bounce back, or does Dreesen take over the primary gig for the rest of the year?

Also of note, Jacoby Jones and Walter have gone almost invisible lately while Dreessen has scored twice in two games... So what do you huddlers think? Are they both fools gold, or could either one be fantasy pickup gold in a year where TEs have dropped like flies.

Edited by delusions of granduer

My 2cents. I definitely don't trust Daniels for any kind of a roster spot for the rest of this year. I just don't see him coming back and helping an FF team. If he does play I'm sure he'll only play a certain percentage of the snaps. Dreesen is the only shot at being in a lineup but there is definite risk there. I spot started him last week but dropped him for a better player going into the playoffs. I guess if your WW is thin and you need to take a shot, I like Dreesen better than many of the other options (Scaife, Scheffler, Celek, etc.).

Even now, many analysts say that Dreessen only has value as long as Daniels is hurt. So with Daniels missing practice today (2 days before a Thursday night game), it is looking more and more like we could see Dreessen have potential fantasy value for at least 1 more week; But my question is, what about after that?

Kubiak has gone on record as saying that Daniels will "definitely" play in week 14, though he wouldn't commit on his status for this week; But with Daniels missing practice time, one can assume that even if he does play on Thursday, it would only be limited snaps...

They've been holding Daniels out with a hamstring injury, though it is not on the leg that he tore his ACL. They claim that they're waiting for him to be 100%, but I haven't read any positive news or progress other than Kubiak's claim... I know that hamstring injuries don't tend to be serious, and are often related to not being in "game-shape", but I wonder about how effective he Daniels will be when he's spent so much time having to sit and nurse these injuries... Does he bounce back, or does Dreesen take over the primary gig for the rest of the year?

Also of note, Jacoby Jones and Walter have gone almost invisible lately while Dreessen has scored twice in two games... So what do you huddlers think? Are they both fools gold, or could either one be fantasy pickup gold in a year where TEs have dropped like flies.

Ruled OUT