[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Pettigrew Have Any More Value with Hill Possibly on IR?

splotchman

With news out of Detroit that Shaun Hill might be done for the season due to a broken finger, this definitely negatively impacts Pettigrew's value since he was a Hill favorite. I almost think Pettigrew is worth dumping now with Stanton. Maybe he becomes a safety valve for Stanton, and I guess if you have roster space you can sit on him, but with the playoffs coming up most of us don't have a spare spot on the roster.

Are other folks thinking of dumping him now? Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

With news out of Detroit that Shaun Hill might be done for the season due to a broken finger, this definitely negatively impacts Pettigrew's value since he was a Hill favorite. I almost think Pettigrew is worth dumping now with Stanton. Maybe he becomes a safety valve for Stanton, and I guess if you have roster space you can sit on him, but with the playoffs coming up most of us don't have a spare spot on the roster.

Are other folks thinking of dumping him now? Thoughts are greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking about it, but I'm not really sure there's anyone better on the wire.

aside from Calvin, I think Pettigrew is the only fantasy option here because he has to throw the ball to somebody and who better than the heavy guy over the middle?....easy target...

just my .02 anyways...

Gotta agree here. Inexperienced quarterbacks tend to lack the confidence to throw outside the hashes and rely more on the big guy over the middle. I'd expect Pettigrew's numbers to remain the same.

At least, I hope so as a VD owner... :wacko:

I also think there is a good chance that Pettigrew's value stays the same.

Stanton started in Week 6. I looked up the numbers. He went

19/34 for 222 yards, 1 td, 1 int., 3 rushes for 30 yards.

In that game, Pettigrew...

targets: 12

catches: 7

yards: 61

Tds: 0

I agree with everyone else here that says his value is not adversely affected. He's been fine with both Stafford and Hill under center (remember, Hill's a "back-up" in the first place). The offense is geared to get the ball in his hands, regardless of who is playing QB.

I also think there is a good chance that Pettigrew's value stays the same.

Stanton started in Week 6. I looked up the numbers. He went

19/34 for 222 yards, 1 td, 1 int., 3 rushes for 30 yards.

In that game, Pettigrew...

targets: 12

catches: 7

yards: 61

Tds: 0

If not increase. Their running game is less than stellar and their passing attack will suffer so what better option to supplant both with a heavy does of Pettigrew over the middle?

Yeah if there is one thing to always consider when a back-up or 3rd stringer comes into play is that the tight end and rb out in the flat or short dump offs across the middle tend to be targeted more just from lack of playing time by the qb.

The problem is that defensive coaches know this, and tend to play up in the box more zoning in on te's and the run, so it only allows the te's to run quick hook routes or 5 and in's. When Stafford/Hill were in you would see more 2 deep coverage by the safeties allowing Pettigrew the opportunity to run over the top routes on LB's gaining nice chunk of yards. Things might play out differently here with Stanton in. I would expect his yardage to take a bit of a hit here.