[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you rank Westbrook, gerhart , a dixon

ttwarrior4

Probably in that order. Westbrook (though risky), Gerhart, then Dixon. I guess at second look I might like Dixon in the second spot. I got the feeling he'll get the goaline work and I don't really know if ADP is going to lose much time. The interim coach in MN is fighting for his job so I don't think he's going to sit his start player unless he is really injured. Franchise wise it'd make sense to let him sit for a as many weeks as it takes but I have the feeling as soon as he is at 75%, he'll get at least 50% of the carries. I'm scared to bank on Westbrook taking a full load and holding up, but right now he looks to have the most value. Kind of a gut call after that.

The interim coach in MN is fighting for his job so I don't think he's going to sit his start player unless he is really injured. Franchise wise it'd make sense to let him sit for a as many weeks as it takes but I have the feeling as soon as he is at 75%, he'll get at least 50% of the carries. I'm scared to bank on Westbrook taking a full load and holding up, but right now he looks to have the most value. Kind of a gut call after that.

Just imagine if he plays an already injured AP and damages him even further. His job is more then toast if that happens. Gerhart played solid and MN is out of the playoffs. They have no urgency to play AP if he is injured. Let Gerhart get some needed reps, IMHO.

Am I the only one who thinks Dixon is more valuable than Westbrook?

Yes. :wacko:

Of the three I'd rank them Westbrook, Dixon, Gerhart. Westbrook will get the majority of the touches in SF, and unless he is injured, I don't see Dixon outperforming him. Dixon may end up being a vulture, but Westy will get his in the passing game and on a few longer runs along with more yardage. If you're in a PPR league the Westy is #1 of the three by a mile. Dixon and Gerhart will probably see about the same amount of action, with Dixon getting a few more TD's. The upside with Dixon is Westy's injury history, but Westy is totally healthy right now, and look what he did with Philly being on the injury report every week. Sure he's a little older, and I don't expect to see the production from him we saw three years ago in Philly, but he will be the best of the three going forward barring a significant injury, and you just can't predict injuries.

Yes. :wacko:

Of the three I'd rank them Westbrook, Dixon, Gerhart. Westbrook will get the majority of the touches in SF, and unless he is injured, I don't see Dixon outperforming him. Dixon may end up being a vulture, but Westy will get his in the passing game and on a few longer runs along with more yardage. If you're in a PPR league the Westy is #1 of the three by a mile. Dixon and Gerhart will probably see about the same amount of action, with Dixon getting a few more TD's. The upside with Dixon is Westy's injury history, but Westy is totally healthy right now, and look what he did with Philly being on the injury report every week. Sure he's a little older, and I don't expect to see the production from him we saw three years ago in Philly, but he will be the best of the three going forward barring a significant injury, and you just can't predict injuries.

I think Dixon is more of a Gore clone than Westbrook is. I wouldn't be surprised if Dixon is used as the main back with Westy as the 3rd down/catching back. Dixon with goaline carries.

What we saw in Ari was put together on the fly against a terrible defense.

No... I've said it several times. Westy will be an asset but the player that gets the TD's will be Dixon. Just imagine a McGahee/Rice situation but with McGahee having allot more carries.

I'd put some capital on that one!

Would you rather have one over the other, westbrook plays green bay and it looks like AP will play.

If you have playoffs locked which would you rather have.

Since Brian Westbrook was born first 9-2-79 he is #1

Then Toby Gerhart since he was born 2nd 3-28-87

Finally Anthony Dixon since he was born last 9-24-87...it's not his fault. He should of just been born earlier

No. I really like him and so do the SF coaches (recall what he did in the preseason). He'll be very involved down the stretch and I could see him getting more overall touches than Westy. And I'm not even mentioning the latter's injury risk.

I hope you guys are right because I lost Gore and was at the end of the waiver line but was able to get Dixon. Honestly though, Westbrook looks fresh and ready to prove that he can still get the job done. If he can avoid injury I see a 50/50 split at best for Dixon.

I hope you guys are right because I lost Gore and was at the end of the waiver line but was able to get Dixon. Honestly though, Westbrook looks fresh and ready to prove that he can still get the job done. If he can avoid injury I see a 50/50 split at best for Dixon.

I think initially, you will see a 50/50 split but again, I see Dixon getting the GL duties and more of the TD's. Westbrook will give you potential long yardage but I think you might see 30-50 yards on the ground and 20-40 in the air for Westbrook and 60+ on the ground for Dixon but 1+ TD per game. I think Dixon could be a solid 10 to 16 point a week RB in a standard league.

I am sold. Now, to determine which low level RB to dump for Dixon...

myself I'm going to run the playoffs holding just one PK this year and hope I don't regret it

the league I'm grabbing him in is a dynasty and I don't want to drop any of my rookies

I am sold. Now, to determine which low level RB to dump for Dixon...

As long as you are dropping a low end RB (eg M Bush type). Gore is not replacable, whatever he was going to get as an individual will now be divided in some sort of fashion between Westy and Dixon. I have a feeling Dixon will have the edge in points over Westy beause he is more like Gore than Westy is.

If San Fransisco truly thinks they are in the playoff hunt (only 1 game back), do you really think they're gonna lean that hard on a rookie RB, or a fresh Westbrook who looked every bit of his former self on Monday night.

I say Westbrook gets a VERY conservative 65/35 workload. Dixon looks to be the goalline back. But as a Westbrook owner, I would DEFINITELY have him handcuffed with Dixon..

If San Fransisco truly thinks they are in the playoff hunt (only 1 game back), do you really think they're gonna lean that hard on a rookie RB, or a fresh Westbrook who looked every bit of his former self on Monday night.

I say Westbrook gets a VERY conservative 65/35 workload. Dixon looks to be the goalline back. But as a Westbrook owner, I would DEFINITELY have him handcuffed with Dixon..

Well, up until a few weeks ago, I believe Dixon was still ahead of Westy on the depth chart. Dixon also has a perfectly capable set of hands as well - I don't think Westy is going to be only RB getting run on passing downs . . .

Just picked up Dixon.

Had him when I heard Gore first was injured. Expect Dixon to be the go to guy.

Per Rotoworld:

Brian Westbrook was held out of 49ers practice with an ankle injury Wednesday.

It wouldn't make sense for the Niners to push their brittle 31-year-old running back on a short week, but this is also a reminder that Westbrook is a poor bet to hold up in the final five games, particularly on workloads like the one he received Monday night. It would come as no surprise if rookie Anthony Dixon ends up as the better fantasy option down the stretch.

Edited by BearBroncos