[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Latest update to Hakeem Nicks

kzook76

CBS Sportsline reporting that he MAY be able to play week 13. I have to take this as good news.

Here is the blurb,

Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG

News: Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (leg) said Wednesday it's "realistic" that he could return for New York's Week 14 game against Minnesota. Nicks will get another doctor evaluation Wednesday evening and expects to start running in a week once the wound heals up.

Analysis: Nicks was expected to miss three weeks of action with this Compartment Syndrome, but a Week 14 return would mean he missed only a couple of games. Nicks was playing at an elite level before getting hurt and would likely be worth activating in all leagues again against the Vikings, but we'll have to see how he progresses over the next 7-10 days.

CBS Sportsline reporting that he MAY be able to play week 13. I have to take this as good news.

Here is the blurb,

Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG

News: Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (leg) said Wednesday it's "realistic" that he could return for New York's Week 14 game against Minnesota. Nicks will get another doctor evaluation Wednesday evening and expects to start running in a week once the wound heals up.

Analysis: Nicks was expected to miss three weeks of action with this Compartment Syndrome, but a Week 14 return would mean he missed only a couple of games. Nicks was playing at an elite level before getting hurt and would likely be worth activating in all leagues again against the Vikings, but we'll have to see how he progresses over the next 7-10 days.

Where in this blurb does it mention playing week 13? It says week 14 twice.

Edited by smithkt

I couldn't believe he dropped him but hey, he did and hopefully I make him pay for it. The thing is that Nicks sat on the WW for several days. I was out of pocket for those days but as soon as I got back and saw him on the wire, I didn't hesitate...

I couldn't believe he dropped him but hey, he did and hopefully I make him pay for it. The thing is that Nicks sat on the WW for several days. I was out of pocket for those days but as soon as I got back and saw him on the wire, I didn't hesitate...

Yahoo league?

Who on your team that is on your roster that is "injured" is worth keeping over Hakeem Nicks"???

I had Maclin, TO, Hakeem Nicks, Stevie Johnson and Calvin Johnson. I can only start 3 (4 with flex). I had injuries to Addai, Gates, Pierre Thomas, Javhid Best and Hakeem Nicks.

I dropped Best, but I don't need a WR as much as I need a RB.

I was forced to drop Nicks, as I had a squad filled with injured players, and I may live to pay for it. Then again, if he is slowly worked back into the rotation and mostly saved for the NFL playoffs, I look like a genius for not wasting a roster spot on him. And if I win my big money league, every single move I made this year will look golden.

:wacko:

As it stood, I snagged Mike Thomas on the WW, who has at least produced steady points and had one blow-up game. As much as I recognize the top-tier studliness of Nicks, 3-4 weeks is a lot of time to lose, and there is no guarantee that he returns to being a super-stud in weeks 14-16. Thomas at least keeps my banged up WR corps competitive.

But yes: knowing now that his injury return seems to be right on schedule, I probably would have kept him instead of dropping him.

I was forced to drop Nicks, as I had a squad filled with injured players, and I may live to pay for it. Then again, if he is slowly worked back into the rotation and mostly saved for the NFL playoffs, I look like a genius for not wasting a roster spot on him. And if I win my big money league, every single move I made this year will look golden.

I have a feeling they are going to need Nicks to get to the NFL playoffs. Derek Hagan and Duke Calhoun aren't going to cut it. Although I do have Devin Thomas in a dynasty league, so maybe he's been sandbagging his whole career in the hopes he would get waived and picked up by a team better than the Redskins. :wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

I have a feeling they are going to need Nicks to get to the NFL playoffs. Derek Hagan and Duke Calhoun aren't going to cut it. :

I agree, NY is going to need Nicks to make the playoffs. The Giants were "fortunate" to lose Nicks right before a very soft spot in their schedule, they have two very tough games left with GB and PHI. Fortunately for NY it sounds as though Smith will be back soon, too.

Sounds like Week 14 will bring no relief; too bad since I have Eli and Nicks on one of my teams. This is the season that just wouldn't end...scratch that, for most of my teams it will end shortly...

per CBS sports

Hakeem Nicks, WR NYG

News: According to the Newark Star-Ledger, Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (Compartment Syndrome) said he took three or four snaps per offensive period at practice Wednesday and didn't have any pain or complications.

Analysis: Nicks was only scheduled to start running on Wednesday, but he clearly did a little more than that by getting involved in some plays. We'll have to wait and see how he progresses this week before suggesting him as a Week 14 Fantasy option, because he was supposed to miss at least three weeks of action, and he's only missed two thus far. When healthy, Nicks is a must-start Fantasy WR.

Answering questions in an online chat Wednesday, FOX Sports' Adam Caplan said with confidence that Hakeem Nicks (leg) will not play in Week 14 against the Vikings.

"I can tell you that Nicks won't play this week," wrote Caplan in response to a fantasy-related question. Caplan is typically very reliable on matters such as this, and all along Nicks has seemed more likely to play in Week 15 than 14. Giants coach Tom Coughlin will address the media again on Thursday.

Source: FOX Sports