[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ochocinco tells Sharper he's going to punch him on Sunday

doing_it_live

Yahoo Sports

Ochocinco tells Sharper he's going to punch him on Sunday

By Chris Chase

It Hamilton-Burr and Tupac-Biggie had beef, then the recent Twitter war of words between Chad Ochocinco(notes) and Darren Sharper(notes) is more like veal. The two took to the social media site this week to talk a little smack before Sunday's matchup between their respective teams, the Cincinnati Bengals and New Orleans Saints.

The highlight: Ochocinco saying he was going to punch Sharper through his facemask. He gets points for specificity, at least:

@sharper42 at some point in the game I'm gonna punch you through your facemask, if u think you gone win You could possibla Neva (messymya)

less than a minute ago via Mad Chad Game

Chad Ochocinco

ochocinco

Sharper responded:

@ochocinco only pounding you gonna b doin is on twitter #sometimesicry when the #whodats beat yo a**!!

less than a minute ago via ÜberTwitter

Darren Sharper

sharper42

Later, Ochocinco Tweeted a message to Antonio Cromartie(notes) saying he was going to send him Sharper's jersey after he ripped it off "hockey-style" during the fight. He also said he'd donate the money from the fine to the United Way of New Orleans.

Sharper opted for the nuclear option in his response, sending a picture of his Super Bowl ring. Game over. Ochocinco said the pic of the ring, something he doesn't have, left him in an "unstable emotional state," sort of like I am after writing this post.

This is all in good fun, I guess. Ochocinco is more of a "lover, not a fighter" type. But it does bring up an interesting point: Why wouldn't guys get in on-field, hockey-style fights if it was only going to cost them $25,000? Seems like a better use of money than throwing it away because of a sombrero or an in-game Tweet.

Thanks, PFT

I hope he does and makes it a better fight than AJ and Finnegan :wacko:

Edited by doing_it_live

don't you know he drives Palmer crazy?

Palmer has his own problems this season to be worrying about without Ocho.

Anyone who read this and actually took Chad seriously knows nothing about how Ocho Cinco does things.

This is satire at its finest, and Chad is just publicly stirring the pot; Andre/Finnegan were fined as much as Chad was fined for tweeting on the sideline - he's just commenting on the sad state of the NFL the only way he knows how - through obnoxious, social network humor.

Palmer has his own problems this season to be worrying about without Ocho.

Anyone who read this and actually took Chad seriously knows nothing about how Ocho Cinco does things.

This is satire at its finest, and Chad is just publicly stirring the pot; Andre/Finnegan were fined as much as Chad was fined for tweeting on the sideline - he's just commenting on the sad state of the NFL the only way he knows how - through obnoxious, social network humor.

:wacko: I think you're giving him a little too much credit. He may be referring to the AJ/Finnegan fight, but I seriously doubt he has the mental capacity to go any deeper than that.

:wacko: I think you're giving him a little too much credit. He may be referring to the AJ/Finnegan fight, but I seriously doubt he has the mental capacity to go any deeper than that.

Sorry man - I think Ocho is sharper than most give him credit for.

His antics on Twitter, OCNN, changing his last name, etc... I don't think he's just pulling stuff out of his ass, I think he knows exactly what he's doing.