[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Starting Lineup Controversy

golfishgrace

What is her roster? Are there others she could have started over those? Is there a weekly prize?

QB Palmer

WR Ochocinco

WR T.O

RB T Jones

RB LT

W/R/T Jacoby Ford

TE Tamme

Bench

QB S Hill

RB, Hightower, CJ

WR, Collie, D Branch, N Burleson

TE McMichael

Theres a small weekly prize for high score $20.

QB Palmer

WR Ochocinco

WR T.O

RB T Jones

RB LT

W/R/T Jacoby Ford

TE Tamme

Bench

QB S Hill

RB, Hightower, CJ

TE McMichael

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that lineup. I personally wouldn't play Ford over CJ but I can understand someone's rationale for doing so.

You can't run her team. If everyone is mad that they might not make the playoffs, they should of had a better team during the year. Has she played fantasy for awhile or new to the game? She really may think she is putting her best lineup in based on last weeks results. You can never think like a women unless you are one, so who the heck knows!

Nothing you can do about this week, but I'd take a serious look at whether you want them BOTH back next year owning separate teams. They need to do almost everything possible to avoid the appearance of collusion. Instead, with everything on the line in terms of a playoff berth, they do the opposite, and bench the top-drafted RB in football

exactly. if she cared a lick about the integrity of the league and avoiding any semblance of impropriety, she would default to the no-brainer, no-controversy position of starting the #1 overall pick.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that lineup. I personally wouldn't play Ford over CJ but I can understand someone's rationale for doing so.

They're m-a-r-r-i-e-d. That's the lineup in question here. Totally bogus. I wouldn't return next year.

If you allow a husband and wife to field seperate teams in your league, you have to expect issues of some kind. Even if everything is on the up and up, the fact they are married makes it a problem for owners who can't man up and are looking for an excuse.

What is the solution? If you make her play CJ and he stinks, then what? You allowed this to happen by letting a current owner's wife in the league. Let her manage her team just like you would any other owner.

:wacko::tup::tup:

It's total collusion, even if subliminally triggered by marriage.

C'mon, it's totally bogus. I would quit that league.

She can't even fit CJ into the flex over Jacoby Ford? :wacko:

Who died and made you God?

Had she made the same decision last week no one would have said a word except to marvel at her FF acumen when it came to picking Ford over Johnson.

Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in a league with you as it appears you make every lineup decision for every team if you aren't happy with their choice.

:tup:

Ford has outscored all three of those other guys in the past 4 weeks. He's hit or miss, but he's capable of massive games. If anything, you bench Jones out of those four, but he's got a very lucrative matchup against a very weak DEN run D, and KC looks to be playing from ahead for a good portion of the game.

Benching CJ is a very reasonable action given what a mess TEN is right now - but it takes guts for exactly the reasons most seem to want to be insulting to the wife here. And it's always a bad mistake make FF judgments based upon name recognition alone.

What happens if she's correct and CJ is the low scorer of the bunch after the weekend is over - and others in the league forced her to make the change? It is a real possibility. What do you say to the league taking control of her team then?

Unless the situation is egregious - and here it clearly is not - let owners manage their own damned teams.

A reasonable and honest reaction to what others have a knee jerk reaction too. It's her lineup....and seems to me she made a decision based on available people and what she sees as a not very good stud player. I see no collusion at all...just someone managing their team the way they see fit. No need to call her names or insult her...no need to take her team away from her...no need to do anything except watch how it plays out this weekend.

Personally don't have any faith in Johnson right now. I can see benching him whether I was married to my FF opponent or not.

They're m-a-r-r-i-e-d. That's the lineup in question here. Totally bogus. I wouldn't return next year.

And everyone would glad that you didn't with that attitude about marriage and FF. That's twice you have insulted married couples that play FF in the same league. Maybe you should just shut up for awhile and think about your attitude.

And keep in mind that you represent the Huddle.

I h-e-a-r what you're saying. But it's not "totally bogus" as you say. In our league Ford scored 46 points in Week 9 and 49 points last week. It would be hard to bench him.

Did you know that Eli and Peyton are brothers, in the NFL??? The NFL should do something about making sure they don't play each other becasue surely there will be some collusion.....

"Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in a league with you as it appears you make every lineup decision for every team if you aren't happy with their choice."

No, you don't want to be in my league.

I wield the heavy gavel on nonsense like this, especially given the circumstances in play. I feel sorry for golfishgrace and his other league members. Shady stuff. :wacko:

Edited by JUMbotron

This will be the first thread re-bumped Sunday afternoon. Get your popcorn ready! :wacko:

That's beside the point whether or not you as an expert know better than to sit CJ... It has to do with the fact that she has justification as a fantasy player to fell differently. Obviously you get that this is a question people are asking, or else you wouldn't have mentioned "the open letter to CJ" in your article... So even if she doesn't read the Huddle, she's expected to be have your same level of insight?

People do this all the time, chasing the most recent "hot" guy, and sitting the guy who hasn't done anything lately... If we were all experts, we wouldn't be paying for Huddle memberships.

I think it's a little nuts to ever sit CJ, but there are legit arguments for each of the players that are being played over him (especially if it's not a PPR league). I mean let's think about this - (i) LT had a nice game against the Pats earlier this season, so he's a solid play this week; (ii) Thomas Jones is playing the Broncos, who can't stop anyone from doing anything; and (iii) Ford has been going absolutely bananas lately. I'd personally start CJ over Ford but I can't fault someone for thinking otherwise. Why does she even HAVE Ford on her team if her intention is to collude and lose to her husband? He was a pretty hot pickup this week in most leagues - if she was tanking this week, I don't see why she'd be using him because he has HUGE upside.

If she were sitting CJ for someone like Danny Woodhead, you'd have any argument here.

I wield the heavy gavel on nonsense like this, especially given the circumstances in play. I feel sorry for golfishgrace and his other league members. Shady stuff. :tup:

This will be the first thread re-bumped Sunday afternoon. Get your popcorn ready! :wacko:

There's no need to wait for Sunday. You already are 100% certain how many points each player will score. Tell us all now so that everyone else here can adjust their lineups accordingly.

I agree with the earlier sentiment - there's not a chance in Hell I'd get into a league with you.

QB Palmer

WR Ochocinco

WR T.O

RB T Jones

RB LT

W/R/T Jacoby Ford

TE Tamme

Bench

QB S Hill

RB, Hightower, CJ

TE McMichael

If she were actually collluding rather than making what appears to be a rational FF decision, she's got players on her bench that would be a whole lot better to do it with.

"Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in a league with you as it appears you make every lineup decision for every team if you aren't happy with their choice."

I wield the heavy gavel on nonsense like this, especially given the circumstances in play. I feel sorry for golfishgrace and his other league members. Shady stuff. :wacko:

There are no "circumstances" in play except the ones you "think' are there. You don't know those people. You have no idea what is going on in their marriage. You have no idea what kind of FF experience they have. Yet you condem her. Must be nice to be so judgemental with no knowledge of the people involved. You just assume that because they are married that they are cheating..... must suck to have your attitude. In fact, I am sure it sucks to have your attitude.

As far as your "heavy gavel"..... well, I feel very sorry for anyone in a league with you where it appears they are not to make any decision that you don't approve of. I'm not impressed.

It is troubling.

I know that Johnson isn't the stud that he was last year, but he is top 10, he has an excellent matchup, and he has a NFL caliber QB this week.

There isn't an easy answer. You can't alter the lineup or try to talk her into making a change.

I suppose that I would call her, ask her to explain her rationale, tell her what the issue is from my perspective and then ask her directly if the fact that she is playing her husband has any effect on her decison. I'd like to think that no one would lie about something as insignificant as that, but maybe I'm naive. I'd do my best to assess her veracity.

In any event, you can't do anything about it now. If you're reasonably sure that something untoward is going on, you don't invite them back next year.

I sat LeSean McCoy last night in favor of Forte (in a PPR league!) - was that super shady as well? McCoy has been a much more consistent source of points over the course of the season and we all knew PHI would light up HOU. Fact is, it was probably just a bad decision.

Not fair to imply shadiness simply because some people are very close. And not for anything, but I'd wager that many leagues have best buds who are actually closer than many married couples . . . is there automatic implied shadiness with them as well?

I benched Michael Turner TWO weeks in a row ... week 11 and week 12.

Both weeks I started only a single RB - BGE and 4 WRs (I can start 2 RB/3 WR)

In my league CJ is the 8th ranked RB while Turner is the 15th ranked RB

Over the last 3 weeks CJ is the 21st ranked RB while Turner is the 13th ranked RB.

So people do bench their "studs"

I sat LeSean McCoy last night in favor of Forte (in a PPR league!) - was that super shady as well? McCoy has been a much more consistent source of points over the course of the season and we all knew PHI would light up HOU. Fact is, it was probably just a bad decision.

Not fair to imply shadiness simply because some people are very close. And not for anything, but I'd wager that many leagues have best buds who are actually closer than many married couples . . . is there automatic implied shadiness with them as well?

Our local has been going on for 15 years ,, a bunch of friends that have known each other before any of us were even married

We are close and very competitive ,,, collusion or helping a buddy out will always take a back seat to our competitiveness and the want to whoop some AZZ for just bragging rights

CJ last three weeks of play PPR 22pts

Ford last three weeks PPR 47pts

"It is troubling.

I know that Johnson isn't the stud that he was last year, but he is top 10, he has an excellent matchup, and he has a NFL caliber QB this week.

There isn't an easy answer. You can't alter the lineup or try to talk her into making a change.

I suppose that I would call her, ask her to explain her rationale,"

When he calls her I want to listen in, can we do 3-way calling? I gotta hear this. :wacko: