[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandon Lloyd's prospects next year?

Capt. Stanky

Brandon Lloyd is currently the #3 overall WR in standard PPR leagues. He's probably even higher in non-PPR leagues. My question is what kind of value does he have for the future? His career seemingly looked finished prior to this year. With the Broncos spending high picks on two rookie WR's do you see Lloyd maintianing some value next year? Initially, I felt like he wouldn't retain much value, but since he's kept it going all year I'm not so sure. I'm trying to make some late season trades for the playoffs in my deep keeper (keep 10 from year to year) and Lloyd is one of the players I'm targeting for more value this year than going forward.

What is your take on B-Lloyd, Huddlers?

Edited by Capt. Stanky

I don't see any reason why he can't continue to be elite, so long as Orton is under center. If the Broncs act like complete morons and let Orton go to replace him with Tebow or Quinn, then I wouldn't touch Lloyd with a 10' pole.

I don't see any reason why he can't continue to be elite, so long as Orton is under center. If the Broncs act like complete morons and let Orton go to replace him with Tebow or Quinn, then I wouldn't touch Lloyd with a 10' pole.

I know they signed Orton to an extension before the season started, but I'm not sure how many years it was for. You would have to think Tebow will get a shot at some point next year if the Broncos continue to flounder.

I know they signed Orton to an extension before the season started, but I'm not sure how many years it was for. You would have to think Tebow will get a shot at some point next year if the Broncos continue to flounder.

He's here through next year

But, I think if Orton continues playing like he has, he will be offered a lucritive contract with the Broncos or a team like Arizona will swoop him up.

This is what I don't get - why would they give Tebow a shot when Orton isn't the problem? He's playing at an elite level and let's not forget - he's only in his 5th season. Sometimes it takes QBs a while to come into their own in the NFL . . . Orton may actually be the real deal.

I understand that he's signed but my fear would be that Denver trades him in the offseason for defensive help and then turns to Tebow.

I can't imagine Lloyd will be as good next year as this year because I'm assuming that other Denver receivers will step up (D. Thomas primarily), his opportunities could be more limited (assuming Denver actually improves in rushing offense and overall defense), and, in any case, you'd certainly expect some regression towards the mean.

Also, if McSkippy gets fired whoever replaces him could have an impact on the gameplan-- Orton might not be hucking it 40 times every game.

This is what I don't get - why would they give Tebow a shot when Orton isn't the problem? He's playing at an elite level and let's not forget - he's only in his 5th season. Sometimes it takes QBs a while to come into their own in the NFL . . . Orton may actually be the real deal.

I understand that he's signed but my fear would be that Denver trades him in the offseason for defensive help and then turns to Tebow.

I don't disagree with you on Orton, but the Broncos traded back into the 1st round this year to knab Tebow. If McDaniels doesn't get fired, and the Broncos are struggling again next year, I would think they would have to see what they have with Tebow. Also, if Orton is only signed through next year then that's even more of a reason to see what Tebow can do. You need to know if Tebow can be a franchise QB before you shell out big money to Orton.

Okay, let's keep this on subject. B-Lloyd

Too many variables to know right now.. Orton/Tebow situation, if Mcballsack gets fired that entire offense could be broken up... I wouldn't invest much.

In two of my dynasties Lloyd's been traded for 2nd round picks... he was a waiver pickup with 1 year contract in both... I don't think either owner that sold was interested in investing much to keep him through FA next off season 'casue they just don't know how he will shake out...

Too many variables to know right now.. Orton/Tebow situation, if Mcballsack gets fired that entire offense could be broken up... I wouldn't invest much.

In two of my dynasties Lloyd's been traded for 2nd round picks... he was a waiver pickup with 1 year contract in both... I don't think either owner that sold was interested in investing much to keep him through FA next off season 'casue they just don't know how he will shake out...

That is in line with my thinking. I'm trying to improve my team for a playoff run. Lloyd would move into the starting lineup for MWilliams (TB) or Austin (AJ is the other starter). I have players like VY (2QB league), V-Jax and PThomas to dangle for trades. I offered the dude VY and V-Jax for Lloyd and Gerhart (I have AP). We shall see if he bites.

Orton may actually be the real deal.

:wacko: "May?" He's a top QB on an iffy team with a perpetually weak run game. He's no Brady/etc but what more does he have to do to be "the real deal?"

Back to Lloyd - wouldn't trust him. But then I'm often leery of guys who have only done it 1 year.

:wacko: "May?" He's a top QB on an iffy team with a perpetually weak run game. He's no Brady/etc but what more does he have to do to be "the real deal?"

ask the people who think he might get yanked for Tebow - I, for one, am sold on the guy

He's always had the talent. He needs to stay on the field. His career average is almost 16 yards a catch. Not bad for a guy with over 200 catches. Expecting a repeat of this year might be a little much but he should be a 1,000+ yard double digit TD guy.

As was just said the guy has always had the talent but he has certainly been pretty fragile mentally. He can pull off some miracle catches and has done so many times this year aswell as in the past but the mental lapses and slow recovery from injuries have always been an issue.

I have just traded him as i am out of contention in my dynasty league figured a 2nd round pick was decent value for him with only a contract on him for this season (was part of what Byron spoke of earlier)

I would be very doubtful he has this sort of season again next year (if there is one) but who knows really

Lloyd's value is clearly linked to Orton. As long they are both together, I see no reason for much regression. He's always been a receiver that coaches thought could do this, so it's not like he came out of absolutely nowhere. He's also been around awhile so he's no rookie. And now he has a QB that trusts him and a favorable offensive system. I know Orton is only signed through next year, but if he puts up another season comparable to this year, I don't think Denver lets him get away, especially if they feel Tebow's not ready yet(which is why Tebow won't be starting any games this season even with nothing for the Broncos to gain). As long as Orton is there, Lloyd shouldn't have much falloff unless he's injured.

I traded LLoyd for J. Charles 2 weeks ago for 1 reason only. Ok well 2, 1st off I wanted a better RB for a strong playoff push and 2nd off is that I am terrified that "McSkippy" is going to start the "Tebow experiment" sooner rather than later and all of Lloyd's good days will dry up like the US housing market.

So many player's values hinge on situation... including Lloyd. Players in stable situations like R White, R Wayne and AJ can be relied upon. With a player like Lloyd, if there is no coaching change, no QB change, he will easilly be top 10 next year, perhaps top five again. If his situation changes...

You can count him with players like Fitz, B Marshall and Moss. This is the difficulty with dynasty leagues. You build for next year or the year after and find your studs aren't studs anymore and it isn't even any fault of the player. Sometimes a trash WR like Branch can land in a new situation and become startable again. Boldin is a crap shoot every week now too.

Bottom line, if the situation remains the same, Lloyd is the real deal, and D Thomas isn't going to be why he migh fall into a FF decline either. If that offense changes however.... Lloyd could go back to the FF irrelavance he was in at SF.