[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chargers Done

McBoog

Despite the Chargers losing by 15 today, the game wasn't even that close. The Raiders put up almost 200 on the ground against the "#1" defense (yeah right) and had it not been for the unbelievable number of penalties they had, it should have been more like 40 - 13. The Chargers were embarrassed in San Diego in a game that they needed to have and looked very average. They started the game like they have the last few and like they started the last few seasons.

For whatever reason, they came out looking "off". There was something just a little sideways all day with the team, and I think a lot of it had to do with getting their a$$es handed to them all day by a Raider team that clearly wanted to win more than the Chargers. I actually believe that though this team has "done it" before, they have come to more expect it than to work for it. Rivers had a crap game and really was still throwing to an injured corps of WR and it really showed today. On one sack, Naanee was coming over the middle and just before Rivers released it, Naanee pulled up lame and was gon the rest of the day. It was amazing to me that Rivers was able to hold the ball, take the sack and not give up a TO. I mentioned in another thread that without a quality WR corps, this team was not playoff worthy and it was proven today. The rest of the team looked like they were going through the motions, expecting something to happen or someone else to make a play.

What it also really showed me is that they really are not a playoff team at the moment. Missing the playoffs would probably be the best thing for this team and wake them up. Sleepwalking through the first third of the season and having a cakewalk into the playoffs has been detrimental to this team, and watching from home just might make them hungrier again and understand that the WHOLE season is important. Keeping up the intensity of MUST WIN for 7-8-9 weeks wears on a team and cannot be helpful come playoff time.

Sure, they may make it in and they are not eliminated yet, but they are certainly not SB ready at this point.

My hats off to the Raiders for hopefully giving the Bolts a wake up call they so badly needed. I haven't seen them get their butts kicked like that since they were bad. :wacko:

I think you really need to start looking at the head coach. This team has had far too much talent for far too long and still hasn't gotten it done. In my opinion, Norv Turner is a great coordinator, but, not a good head coach.

If they lose to the Chiefs next week - then I'll believe it.

Go ahead and believe it now. If by some act of God they did get in the playoffs, and that's a stretch for sure, can you imagine the horror that would await this team in the likes of the Ravens or the Steelers?? No, really, believe it now.

Go ahead and believe it now. If by some act of God they did get in the playoffs, and that's a stretch for sure, can you imagine the horror that would await this team in the likes of the Ravens or the Steelers?? No, really, believe it now.

I believe it now. You can stick a fork in the Bolts. They're DONE!

Despite the Chargers losing by 15 today, the game wasn't even that close. The Raiders put up almost 200 on the ground against the "#1" defense (yeah right) and had it not been for the unbelievable number of penalties they had, it should have been more like 40 - 13. The Chargers were embarrassed in San Diego in a game that they needed to have and looked very average. They started the game like they have the last few and like they started the last few seasons.

For whatever reason, they came out looking "off". There was something just a little sideways all day with the team, and I think a lot of it had to do with getting their a$$es handed to them all day by a Raider team that clearly wanted to win more than the Chargers. I actually believe that though this team has "done it" before, they have come to more expect it than to work for it. Rivers had a crap game and really was still throwing to an injured corps of WR and it really showed today. On one sack, Naanee was coming over the middle and just before Rivers released it, Naanee pulled up lame and was gon the rest of the day. It was amazing to me that Rivers was able to hold the ball, take the sack and not give up a TO. I mentioned in another thread that without a quality WR corps, this team was not playoff worthy and it was proven today. The rest of the team looked like they were going through the motions, expecting something to happen or someone else to make a play.

What it also really showed me is that they really are not a playoff team at the moment. Missing the playoffs would probably be the best thing for this team and wake them up. Sleepwalking through the first third of the season and having a cakewalk into the playoffs has been detrimental to this team, and watching from home just might make them hungrier again and understand that the WHOLE season is important. Keeping up the intensity of MUST WIN for 7-8-9 weeks wears on a team and cannot be helpful come playoff time.

Sure, they may make it in and they are not eliminated yet, but they are certainly not SB ready at this point.

My hats off to the Raiders for hopefully giving the Bolts a wake up call they so badly needed. I haven't seen them get their butts kicked like that since they were bad. :wacko:

You guys are going to win the division. Mark my words.

:wacko:

Based on what?

1. Chargers will win this week. That's one game picked up in the standings.

2. Chiefs have been skating on thin ice all year due to poor play and poor head coaching decisions. The law of averages says this will even out eventually.

3. They are young, and starting a lot of rookies. That rookie wall is set to hit right about now.

Right now, Haley is too cocky on game day. He has passed up numerous field goal opportunities that would have given the Chiefs breathing room in close games. So far he has gotten away with it. But it will come back to haunt him. It always does. I believe he will learn from it, but not this year.

Look, I'm tickled red the Chiefs have been a pleasant surprise so far, but at the beginning of the season my prediction was 8-8 or somewhere around that. Maybe 9-7 and maybe 7-9. I'm not backing off on that. And if the Chiefs end up at 9-7, they lose this division, and I don't see San Diego losing the rest of the year.

2. Chiefs have been skating on thin ice all year due to poor play and poor head coaching decisions. The law of averages says this will even out eventually.

3. They are young, and starting a lot of rookies. That rookie wall is set to hit right about now.

Right now, Haley is too cocky on game day. He has passed up numerous field goal opportunities that would have given the Chiefs breathing room in close games. So far he has gotten away with it. But it will come back to haunt him. It always does. I believe he will learn from it, but not this year.

Look, I'm tickled red the Chiefs have been a pleasant surprise so far, but at the beginning of the season my prediction was 8-8 or somewhere around that. Maybe 9-7 and maybe 7-9. I'm not backing off on that. And if the Chiefs end up at 9-7, they lose this division, and I don't see San Diego losing the rest of the year.

I see your reasoning. You have to give me this though...The Chargers are a crippled team and have been lucky to get this many wins out of a really bad injury situation. I think it finally caught up to them in the Raider game and from here on out it will be iffy at best. I think the Chiefs will win a close game because they can run it with Jones/Charles all day and the rest will take care of itself.

I see your reasoning. You have to give me this though...The Chargers are a crippled team and have been lucky to get this many wins out of a really bad injury situation. I think it finally caught up to them in the Raider game and from here on out it will be iffy at best. I think the Chiefs will win a close game because they can run it with Jones/Charles all day and the rest will take care of itself.

The Chargers are still pretty healthy on defense aren't they? I could see them shutting down the Chiefs at home.

I agree with everything McBoog says. HOWEVER, it's glaring that you make no mention of the coaching staff/front office. Norv Turner HAS to go. AJ Smith should be given a pink slip as well. Injuries are a part of football. Look at the Patriots for crying out loud.

They've had to win every game in December because they are losing too many games in Sept/Oct.

I think it would be better overall if the Chargers don't make the playoffs and they fire Norv and AJ.

This team needs a better coach and a GM who isn't going to make decisions based on how hurt his feelings are.

The Chargers are still pretty healthy on defense aren't they? I could see them shutting down the Chiefs at home.

This D which you speak of has been doing it with smoke and mirrors and they are all out of smoke. Enjoy your year and the next few as things look waaaaay brighter for your Chiefs! Maybe next year we'll be able to field a team that will win more than 2 the first 2 mos of the season.

Against the Rams? Please?

They've had to win every game in December because they are losing too many games in Sept/Oct.

I think it would be better overall if the Chargers don't make the playoffs and they fire Norv and AJ.

This team needs a better coach and a GM who isn't going to make decisions based on how hurt his feelings are.

+1,000

This game will hinge on whether or not the Bolts can shut down the KC running game, something we couldn't get done against the Raiders. Right now I don't see that happening.