[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

McDANIELS FIRED!

redrumjuice

I'm a wee bit worried as I go into the playoffs with Orton and Lloyd. However, even McDaniels knew Tebow is not nearly ready enough to start at QB and Orton is just playing too well(not to mention will be needed to start for the Broncos next year too). I'll probably be ok, unless somehow Singletary gets fired soon enough for the Broncos to hire him and he tries to establish his run first offense in Denver too... :p

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I can remember a year where three head coaches were all fired in-season and before week 14. And with the indecision about the offseason it was supposed to be a year with less change.

Take a step back and actually look at those - only guy I'd have any issue with is Hillis. Did ANYONE see him doing what he's done this season? Hell no. Cutler and Marshall are both very flashy players but are they really all that good in an overall sense? The latter is starting to come around but he's been an overall negative so far in his career because of his propensity for dumbass plays. The former? What has he done lately? Nothing. Poor route running and dropped passes left and right even when he was in Denver. Orton has certainly done a great job of making Brandon Lloyd look every bit as good as Marshall this season . . . what does that say?

Okay....

Tell you what, you can sign on as a fan of the next team McDaniels coaches. Pee Wee football teams need support too.

Take a step back and actually look at those - only guy I'd have any issue with is Hillis. Did ANYONE see him doing what he's done this season? Hell no. Cutler and Marshall are both very flashy players but are they really all that good in an overall sense? The latter is starting to come around but he's been an overall negative so far in his career because of his propensity for dumbass plays. The former? What has he done lately? Nothing. Poor route running and dropped passes left and right even when he was in Denver. Orton has certainly done a great job of making Brandon Lloyd look every bit as good as Marshall this season . . . what does that say?

while i don't think anyone can claim to see what hillis is doing coming, he was a good, well rounded rb. cutler received a porous o-line and mediocre wr's. marshall went to a locale with no qb. mcdaniels dismantled a high octane offense. to his credit, he has done a very nice job with orton, brought in a needed rb (moreno), d. thomas, and made some improvements on defense. his my way or the highway approach (without backing it up) was pretty pisspoor.

Cutler and Marshall are both very flashy players but are they really all that good in an overall sense? The latter is starting to come around but he's been an overall negative so far in his career because of his propensity for dumbass plays.

You mean the Former... but really, Cutler was fantastic in Denver. No revisionist history needed, he was a stud. And he went to Chicago with no O-Line, no WRs. Look at him now, I think hes showing that he is a good QB despite being painted negatively since he was shipped out.

I think you have your formers and latters mixed up.... :wacko:

Edited by DaFreak

Okay....

Tell you what, you can sign on as a fan of the next team McDaniels coaches. Pee Wee football teams need support too.

Tell you what - no. Apparently you got the impression somewhere that I'm defending his coaching? Just saying that the players he moved aren't the issue (and, to me, are overrate). The guy is an OC - not a head coach.

Tell you what - no. Apparently you got the impression somewhere that I'm defending his coaching? Just saying that the players he moved aren't the issue (and, to me, are overrate). The guy is a QB coach - not a head coach.

Fixed

You mean the Former... but really, Cutler was fantastic in Denver. No revisionist history needed, he was a stud. And he went to Chicago with no O-Line, no WRs. Look at him now, I think hes showing that he is a good QB despite being painted negatively since he was shipped out.

Not sure I agree. He had some very nice stretches but also some very poor ones. Orton has been just fine, so that's partly why I don't buy into the "he got rid of cutler" detractors.

Dammit - got me on the former/latter. Curse you!

You're kidding, right? Denver got the better end of that trade.

I wouldn't say that. It was 2 firsts and a third for Cutler and a 5th. That 5th rounder became johnny Knox.

This bigger issue issue is seeing what McDaniels did with Orton, while Lovie never opened up the offense for him, but brought in Cutler to do so. The trade can be critiqued more on whether it was necessary to begin with for Chicago but sinking 3 picks into a true franchise QB and a WR that looks to all the world like he has true promise isn't a train wreck deal. Not by a longshot.

Fixed

Maybe - remains to be seen. He's done ok overall with the tools he's been given on that O. Remember, everybody thought Orton had nobody to throw to this season.

I've heard that Bowlen was a lot more involved in getting rid of Cutler than people realize. McDaniel didn't have complete control over that team, but as the coach he bears the responsibility for it. I think he'd do much better as OC for a bit longer He does good work with QBs.

Then again, what player or coach has left New England and done really well? :wacko:

Not sure I agree. He had some very nice stretches but also some very poor ones. Orton has been just fine, so that's partly why I don't buy into the "he got rid of cutler" detractors.

Dammit - got me on the former/latter. Curse you!

No way. His final year in Denver, only his 3rd as a pro, he passed for 4500 yrds and 25 TDs, which was up from his previous season (first full season as a starter) of 3500 yrds 20 TDs.

No way should a new coach drop a stud like that for any reason.

No way. His final year in Denver, only his 3rd as a pro, he passed for 4500 yrds and 25 TDs, which was up from his previous season (first full season as a starter) of 3500 yrds 20 TDs.

No way should a new coach drop a stud like that for any reason.

Not even for being an arrogant Glass Onion? As I recall, Cutler was a petulant baby at the time. And how many stupid picks did he throw to go with all that yardage and TDs?

I've heard that Bowlen was a lot more involved in getting rid of Cutler than people realize. McDaniel didn't have complete control over that team, but as the coach he bears the responsibility for it. I think he'd do much better as OC for a bit longer He does good work with QBs.

Then again, what player or coach has left New England and done really well? :wacko:

Why is that something to be proud about?

Do you think that Bill Walsh has the legacy he does just because of the games he won and what he did for offense?

Hell no, much has to do with the coaching tree he gave to the NFL...I surely wouldn't be all ( :tup: beating ) about Bills coaches failing.

Why is that something to be proud about?

Do you think that Bill Walsh has the legacy he does just because of the games he won and what he did for offense?

Hell no, much has to do with the coaching tree he gave to the NFL...I surely wouldn't be all ( :wacko: beating ) about Bills coaches failing.

You really are a bitter old lady, aren't you? :lol:I don't mind a bit watching other teams covet what NE has, only to find that it doesn't make them the Pats to get that player or coach. McDaniels will coach again, and he'll do better.

Belichick sucked the first time around too.

Edited by Czarina

Not even for being an arrogant Glass Onion? As I recall, Cutler was a petulant baby at the time. And how many stupid picks did he throw to go with all that yardage and TDs?

A baby? no more than Rivers really, and having a pouting QB is not worse than a dog killer and date raper.

And for INTs, he tossed 14 in year 2, 18 in year 3. 2 years under the center, that's something you could correct considering the gun you proved he had.

Don't get me wrong, I was glad to see him go. He just never should have.

Cutler and Orton are simply not comprable players. While Orton has done a hell of a job, the latter has also worked magic with players like Brandon Lloyd. If you consider that Brandon Marshall was the formers go to guy while in Chicago, it is not far fetched to understand why Lloyd was not in the equation while in Denver. In any event, I think Cutler is head and shoulders above Orton, even though I am fan of his. It will be interesting to see what change McDaniels firing has for him but I think Cutler is Having a pretty solid year, even without him. :wacko: