[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's Cowboy/Eagle Week....

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

The Eagles def has subtly slipped of late, giving up 27 points per game the last 6 weeks. That's a lot of points. DE Juqua Parker hurt, CB Samuel hurt, and overall it just seems like their defense is a little tired. Maybe the offense scores too quick sometimes?

Dallas is rallying (why and how, it vexes me) and I like them to keep pumping the box score at home Sunday night.

Solid response, but you really kinda worked the numbers in your favor there.

You went back just far enough to come up with "27 ppg". Had you only included the more-recent last five weeks, that number drops to 24.8. Throw out the garbage TDs the Redskins scored while getting blown out on Monday night and the Birds playing a half-speed, and its a tidy 20.6 points per game....and thats inclusive of Indy & Houston, two of the better offenses in the league....and without their best cover corner, and a huge player in their DL rotation. Both will be back Sunday night.

tell ya what....you predict a 37 from Dallas? I'll side-bet ya they don't score more than 34 (I'll give you a FG bogey). If they do, I'll wear the star as my avi until they play again. If they don't, you issue an overdue apology to the board for your antics in the CJ thread.

Sound good?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tell ya what....you predict a 37 from Dallas? I'll side-bet ya they don't score more than 34 (I'll give you a FG bogey). If they do, I'll wear the star as my avi until they play again. If they don't, you issue an overdue apology to the board for your antics in the CJ thread.

Sound good?

This just got very interesting.

Solid response, but you really kinda worked the numbers in your favor there.

You went back just far enough to come up with "27 ppg". Had you only included the more-recent last five weeks, that number drops to 24.8. Throw out the garbage TDs the Redskins scored while getting blown out on Monday night and the Birds playing a half-speed, and its a tidy 20.6 points per game....and thats inclusive of Indy & Houston, two of the better offenses in the league....and without their best cover corner, and a huge player in their DL rotation. Both will be back Sunday night.

Sound good?

Wow that's a no confidence vote if I ever saw one. 34 points! So what your saying is that the Eagles are going to get the $hit kicked out of them but no way the Cowboys will score more then 34 points in doing it, hell the clock will run out before they can pile on more then 34.

That's like me calling you out and saying, I'll bet you the Eagles will put up 475 yards of offense and Vick will score 4 touchdowns, but a field goal is out of the question. I mean no way do they kick a field goal only touchdowns. Vick will only get 4 touchdowns no way does he get five. In fact, I will side bet you that Vick doesn't even get close to a 5th touchdown. I will even be so bold as to say he will throw for 375 yards and run for only 50 THAT's IT. No way do the Eagles muster 500 yards in this one. No way. 475 at the most dude. I'll bet ya. :wacko:

Your boxing bets must sound something like this " I bet you when Tyson knocks Pinkston out, it only takes two smelling salts to get him to open his eyes and is only bleeding from his nose, mouth, and ears."

New look Cowboys gotcha worried huh......... :tup:

Edited by Cowboyz1

They like Jason's tits better? :wacko: I still love my team, but I'm REALLY understanding how the poor Raider Nation feels now. I might just become a full time Falcon fan.

I hate the Cowboys but I'm thinking along the same lines, maybe even a higher score, 37-31 Dallas. For whatever reason they will play for Jason, but not Wade.

Wow that's a no confidence vote if I ever saw one. 34 points! So what your saying is that the Eagles are going to get the $hit kicked out of them but no way the Cowboys will score more then 34 points in doing it, hell the clock will run out before they can pile on more then 34.

That's like me calling you out and saying, I'll bet you the Eagles will put up 475 yards of offense and Vick will score 4 touchdowns, but a field goal is out of the question. I mean no way do they kick a field goal only touchdowns. Vick will only get 4 touchdowns no way does he get five. In fact, I will side bet you that Vick doesn't even get close to a 5th touchdown. I will even be so bold as to say he will throw for 375 yards and run for only 50 THAT's IT. No way do the Eagles muster 500 yards in this one. No way. 475 at the most dude. I'll bet ya. :wacko:

Your boxing bets must sound something like this " I bet you when Tyson knocks Pinkston out, it only takes two smelling salts to get him to open his eyes and is only bleeding from his nose, mouth, and ears."

:tup: The conversation we are having is about how he thinks the Cowboys are going to roll the Eagles, and score more points than anyone else has on them this year. I was just challenging him on his prognostication, and since he stuck to it, I asked if he wanted to make it interesting. It was actually more of a veiled attempt to get him to man-up in the other thread.

New look Cowboys :lol: if 4-8 is your new look, I love it.

no, it's because Dallas still has weapons on offense...it's the defense that will let you down

New look Cowboys :wacko: if 4-8 is your new look, I love it.

Well played...........however, you went back just far enough to come up with the 1-7 look Cowboys. Had you only included the more recent 3-1 Cowboys with wins against the Giants, Colts, and save a Roy fumble the world champion Saints, the more recent Cowboys are 3-1 which is very new indeed..........

Well played...........however, you went back just far enough to come up with the 1-7 look Cowboys. Had you only included the more recent 3-1 Cowboys with wins against the Giants, Colts, and save a Roy fumble the world champion Saints, the more recent Cowboys are 3-1 which is very new indeed..........

and save a romo fumble on a snap and save a romo INT in the playoffs and save if they played hard under phillips...you can "save" all you want if it makes you feel any better but those "save" this and "save" that are the differences in games....oh and if you want to know why the Eagles are going to win this week...it is because I am facing Michael Vick in one of my playoff games...no doubt he goes off and kills me.

lol no thanks, I don't feel that strongly about Dallas. I just think they'll hang a bunch of points on Philly at home. I certainly don't want to have to root for them.

A few weekends ago I felt about as dirty as I have ever felt...was actually rooting for the Boys when they were playing the Giants and rooting for the Pats to beat the Steelers (wife is a Browns fan)...and my dislike/disdain for both of those franchises is about as high as you can get...ughhh feel like i need another shower just thinking about it again. :wacko:

With all the high-powered offenses the Eagles have faced this year (Packers, Colts, Falcons, etc), why on earth do you believe they would give up a season-high 37 points to Kitna and the gang, especially with the entire starting 11 on defense healthy for the game?

Just curious.

Looks like we could very well be without Samuel for a 3rd straight game.

Looks like we could very well be without Samuel for a 3rd straight game.

That would indeed make a differece. Had some interesting stats in today's paper regarding the defense and his effect on it:

With him: 1.7 TDs allowed thru the air per game, only 205 passing yards per game, and a 55.3 completion percentage.

Without him: 3 TD allowed thru the air per game, 277 yards passing per game, 63.5 completion percentage

He is listed as questionable, having sat out the last two days after practicing wednesday and responding poorly.

The reality is, next week's showdown with the Giants will likely decide the division. As much as they want the win this week, it wouldn't surprise me to see them sit Samuel one more week in hopes they can win a 38-28 game in Dallas, and have Samuel healthy for next week.