[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick leads all Pro Bowl balloting

i_am_the_swammi

or they can separate on field from off field actions ??

Exactly. I'm a forgiving guy, but, I certainly haven't forgiven Vick or Roethlisberger yet. Of course they are doing the right things right now, they have no choice. I'll give it a 4 or 5 years before I start proclaiming that they have cleaned up their act. I hope that they both do, but, they still have a long way to go with me.

As for his play on the field, Vick has been phenomenal. He is exciting to watch. He has improved his passing accuracy, and you can tell that he is putting the time in to be successful. If it weren't for Tom Brady, who is going to run away with the MVP in my opinion, Vick might be considered for MVP this year despite missing the time that he has missed.

He is certainly the best QB in the NFC this year, so, he deserved the Pro Bowl votes.

Exactly. I'm a forgiving guy, but, I certainly haven't forgiven Vick or Roethlisberger yet. Of course they are doing the right things right now, they have no choice. I'll give it a 4 or 5 years before I start proclaiming that they have cleaned up their act. I hope that they both do, but, they still have a long way to go with me.

As for his play on the field, Vick has been phenomenal. He is exciting to watch. He has improved his passing accuracy, and you can tell that he is putting the time in to be successful. If it weren't for Tom Brady, who is going to run away with the MVP in my opinion, Vick might be considered for MVP this year despite missing the time that he has missed.

He is certainly the best QB in the NFC this year, so, he deserved the Pro Bowl votes.

Perfectly stated. I'll add that Vick paid a hefty price in that cell, so I try to separate his past from his present - until he gives me a reason not to.

Pete Rose is a BOGUS analogy and he can rot: he broke the ONLY rule that is posted in EVERY clubhouse. He knew what he was doing, andhis punishment is warranted.

:thread hijack: Guys make the HOF as either manager, player or both, right? Then why not put him in as a player? He did nothing wrong as a player. :/thread hijack:

Edited by MTSuper7

Who gives a diaper dirt? Hmm...gambling on the result's of a child's game (and not against his own team) with your own hard earned money that nobody else should have a right to tell you what to do with in the first place, or brutally torturing and killing living, feeling creatures in despicable, loathsome, unconscionable ways, some of which were no doubt someone's beloved family pets used for practice-maiming sessions? Which is the greatest monstrosity? Gee I'm having a really hard time weighing one against the other...

If one is given forgiveness than the other certainly should be given it too.

Edited by Crazysight

A year and a half after he was released from prison, Vick’s redemption continues. NFL Nation is showing they’re believing in his play on the field and willing to forgive Vick’s past mistakes off of it, vaulting him nearly 39,000 votes ahead of Peyton Manning in the second round of balloting released by the league.

It's that God fearing forgive and forget that is preached.

Did anyone believe at the start of the season that Michael Vick would lead the NFL in Pro Bowl voting?

:wacko::tup:

Who gives a diaper dirt? Hmm...gambling on the result's of a child's game (and not against his own team) with your own hard earned money that nobody else should have a right to tell you what to do with in the first place, or brutally torturing and killing living, feeling creatures in despicable, loathsome, unconscionable ways, some of which were no doubt someone's beloved family pets used for practice-maiming sessions? Which is the greatest monstrosity? Gee I'm having a really hard time weighing one against the other...

This.

I hope Vick's current renaissance comes to a sudden end with his knees bent backwards under a pile of gigantic linemen. I hope he then goes broke and has to live under a bridge in Detroit for the rest of his misbegotten existence.

This.

I hope Vick's current renaissance comes to a sudden end with his knees bent backwards under a pile of gigantic linemen. I hope he then goes broke and has to live under a bridge in Detroit for the rest of his misbegotten existence.

Why bring Wiegie into this ?

This.

+1 Well said.

And then let the bridge fall on him.

1) Just because he didn't bet against his own team doesn't absolve him. Sometimes a manager needs to look at the big picture and he may have overworked a pitcher at the expense of future games in order to make sure he won the games he was betting on. Regardless, you absolutely have to separate players, coaches, and refs from gambling for so many reasons. Hell, even if he wasn't betting on baseball, he puts himself in a vulnerable position if he gets too far behind in money to the wrong guy to do something more drastic than overuse a pitcher.

2) What Vick did was horrible and, IMO, unforgivable. I don't think anyone not sick in the head is capable of doing that and there are no shortage of jobs that I think he should not be allowed to do as a result of his atrocious actions. I just don't think that playing a violent game where the object is to advance a leather ball down the field is such a noble and socially important job that it should be included in the list of what he can't do. Everyone is just pissed because it is an enormously high paying job despite its relative unimportance in the big scheme of things. I'd be pissed if they let him teach kindergarten, for instance. But football seems like a very suitable job for him. And, unless you're advocating that he should spend the rest of his life in jail, he needs to be able to work once he's out.

So, once you get past the fact that he should be allowed to play ball, you can't not reward him if he's doing it better than anyone else.

Edited by detlef

"Dog-Killer" - Aunt Edna in the movie Vacation

:wacko:

Clark: [Delivering the eulogy for Aunt Edna] O God, ease our suffering in this, our moment of great dispair. Yea, admit this kind and decent woman into thy arms of thine heavenly area, up there. And Moab, he lay us upon the band of the Canaanites, and yea, though the Hindus speak of karma, I implore you: give her a break.

Ellen: Clark...

Clark:[ignoring her] Baruuuuuuch Ataaaaaaah Aluuuuuuuyah...

Ellen: Clark, this is a serious matter, I'll do it myself!

Clark: Honey, I'm not an ordained minister; I'm doing my best.