[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick leads all Pro Bowl balloting

i_am_the_swammi

Who gives a diaper dirt? Hmm...gambling on the result's of a child's game (and not against his own team) with your own hard earned money that nobody else should have a right to tell you what to do with in the first place, or brutally torturing and killing living, feeling creatures in despicable, loathsome, unconscionable ways, some of which were no doubt someone's beloved family pets used for practice-maiming sessions? Which is the greatest monstrosity? Gee I'm having a really hard time weighing one against the other...

If one is given forgiveness than the other certainly should be given it too.

Well, you don't have your facts straight regarding Rose. The simple fact of the matter is this: they both broke the law and served society's time. They both got punished by their leagues. This situation clearly shows that MLB has a higher ethical standard for these things, since it's clear the the NFL is happily benefiting and making money on Vick, whereas baseball disowned Rose and for very good reasons (like breaking rule #1 in the rule book, and AGREEING to the lifetime ban in return for the closure of the investigation). Maybe the NFL should try THAT.

This.

I hope Vick's current renaissance comes to a sudden end with his knees bent backwards under a pile of gigantic linemen. I hope he then goes broke and has to live under a bridge in Detroit for the rest of his misbegotten existence.

+1 Well said.

And then let the bridge fall on him.

+1 as well.

I'm with Ursa and TimC. on this one.

Top 10 in NFL Pro Bowl fan voting as of Dec. 8:

1. Michael Vick, Eagles: 729,838

2. Peyton Manning, Colts: 691,146

3. Tom Brady, Patriots: 623,074

4. Adrian Peterson, Vikings: 591,598

5. Aaron Rodgers, Packers: 547,340

6. Philip Rivers, Chargers: 503,282

7. Drew Brees, Saints: 498,079

8. Arian Foster, Texans: 414,033

9. Antonio Gates, Chargers: 375,666

10. Chris Johnson, Titans: 363,908

Edited by JUMbotron

I'll add that Vick paid a hefty price in that cell,

I'll add that that's one of the most laughably ridiculous things I've ever read. He spent a whopping 1 yr-ish behind bars where I'd bet my last nickel he was treated like royalty - and the rest of his lightweight sentence in "house arrest." The horror. :wacko: Given all he did, that barely qualifies as a slap on the wrist.

He deserves to be tossed in a dark dank inescapable pit and forgotten. He's a complete POS. As if that isn't stating the absurdly obvious to anyone paying attention. Anyone who thinks he regrets anything other than being caught probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time. But hey, let's allow him to make millions playing a game and glorify him. Just win baby. Who cares about crimes n stuff

:vomit:

I'll add that that's one of the most laughably ridiculous things I've ever read. He spent a whopping 1 yr-ish behind bars where I'd bet my last nickel he was treated like royalty - and the rest of his lightweight sentence in "house arrest." The horror. :wacko: Given all he did, that barely qualifies as a slap on the wrist.

He deserves to be tossed in a dark dank inescapable pit and forgotten. He's a complete POS. As if that isn't stating the absurdly obvious to anyone paying attention. Anyone who thinks he regrets anything other than being caught probably can't walk and chew gum at the same time. But hey, let's allow him to make millions playing a game and glorify him. Just win baby. Who cares about crimes n stuff

:vomit:

Well, I happen to agree that the sentence should have been heftier and I've been rather outspoken in my disgust for him as a person. I also think that if he's "reformed", he is only to the extent that he's going to watch his step from now on so he doesn't get in trouble again. I don't think you can do what he did and not be a fundamentally bad person. I suppose you can change, and perhaps he has. Though I'd need to see more than him just keeping his nose clean for a couple of years.

That said, he did lose 10s of millions of dollars because of that sentence. Regardless, was his sentence atypically light for his crime? If not, then we can't hold that against him. It is what it is. Realistically, what sort of sentence do you think he should have gotten. And please, realistically. Not, "I think he should be eaten alive by dogs." Given that this is not the dark ages and things like that are not on the table, what should the sentence be for engaging in dog fighting? 5 years? Not so sure. Certainly, as a dog lover, I hold their lives and ethical treatment higher than most, but I do have to temper that by realization that others do not care as much. I also lack the needed perspective to rank crimes in terms of what crime earns you what. So, I don't know if I'd go so far as to think about losing 10s of millions of dollars, spending 1 year in jail, and another in house arrest as "a slap on the wrist".

So, then, what jobs should he not be able to hold? Specifically, is football one of those jobs? If so, why? Because it pays a lot? Because a bunch of people wish they could do it but aren't good enough? What if he was a singer? Should he not be allowed to sell albums?