[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deangelo Williams Next Year

countryroads

I am in a keeper league and Williams is available on the WW. Question is should I pick him up to hold on to for next year or not? I really doubt he would end up back in Carolina so I'm thinkin maybe take a shot on him. Guy who had him needed to make space and cut him last week. Any thoughts on this?

I am in a keeper league and Williams is available on the WW. Question is should I pick him up to hold on to for next year or not? I really doubt he would end up back in Carolina so I'm thinkin maybe take a shot on him. Guy who had him needed to make space and cut him last week. Any thoughts on this?

I traded Blount for him in a dynasty because I think DeAngelo is a beast.

if you have the roster room ( don't have to cut playoff help for this years playoffs ) then grab him quick !!

I don't have to give up anything to keep him. We get to keep four players every year. As far as playoffs I'm not in so I am looking to build for next year. I will be cutting Donald Brown to pick him up.

So if you only keep 3, you would just get another pick at the end of the draft (or FA pickup after) to complete your roster? If that is the case, then yeah, I would pick him up for sure.

if you have the roster room ( don't have to cut playoff help for this years playoffs ) then grab him quick !!

In similar relation, is it wrong for a team to pick up players that have been on IR this year (Ryan Grant, Dallas Clark, etc) just to put them on a roster to keep for next year? The rules in the league are simply (as this is the first year our league has started) you keep 2 players max, and they will take the round higher than originally drafted. So, for instance, Arian Foster in the 6th round = 5th round pick next year (that luck SOB).

Here's the catch, if picked up via WW, will be slotted as a "9th rounder" thereby occupying one's 8th round spot. Is it wrong then, to pick up players simply to invest in next year? Dallas Clark or Ryan Grant would be stellar as an 8th round pick! There are no stipulations against this in the rules.

In similar relation, is it wrong for a team to pick up players that have been on IR this year (Ryan Grant, Dallas Clark, etc) just to put them on a roster to keep for next year? The rules in the league are simply (as this is the first year our league has started) you keep 2 players max, and they will take the round higher than originally drafted. So, for instance, Arian Foster in the 6th round = 5th round pick next year (that luck SOB).

Here's the catch, if picked up via WW, will be slotted as a "9th rounder" thereby occupying one's 8th round spot. Is it wrong then, to pick up players simply to invest in next year? Dallas Clark or Ryan Grant would be stellar as an 8th round pick! There are no stipulations against this in the rules.

Of course not. It adds to the strategy of keeping them on your bench. Similiar rules in my league for keepers and DWill has been on the guys roster all year. We do the same thing with FAs, but if the player was drafted, he always keeps that round.

In order to mix things up, we allow teams to drop players on IR and they're not available for keepers....this way, they don't have to feel forced to keep them on their roster all year.

Also, any keepers that are picked up (as opposed to being drafted) are automatic 5th round picks the next year. It really makes you have to think about whether or not to keep them.

Both are good ideas in my opinion.