[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NEP @ CHI

Gdawg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That weather would usually be good for the Bears but firstly, NEP are a cold weather team themselves and secondly the Bears aren't built the way they used to be.

Yeah, this is the stretch I've been waiting to see: can a Martz offense that's decided to run only in the past few weeks run a gauntlet of playoff teams outside, in the cold with 35 MPH winds off the lake?

I'm guessing probably not, at least this week. At least GB can't run either so that'll help. But the Jets game looks tough and the Vikes WILL be up for the Bears with Frazier leading the way.

Yeah, this is the stretch I've been waiting to see: can a Martz offense that's decided to run only in the past few weeks run a gauntlet of playoff teams outside, in the cold with 35 MPH winds off the lake?

I'm guessing probably not, at least this week. At least GB can't run either so that'll help. But the Jets game looks tough and the Vikes WILL be up for the Bears with Frazier leading the way.

I have tickets for the Bears game in Minneapolis on 20th. Going with one of my direct reports, a diehard Vike.

I see the Jets game as the most likely win followed in descending order of likelihood by Vikings, Packers, Patriots. Those two stupid easily winnable home losses against Washington and Seattle are going to come back and bite us in the ass. Should be the worst 11-1 team in the history of football right now.

Here is the latest forecast.

Chicago, IL Weather Advisories, Watches & Warnings

WINTER STORM WARNING

in effect until Monday, Dec 13, 12:00 AM

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST SUNDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR ACCUMULATING SNOWFALL...AND WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 45 MPH WHICH WILL REDUCE VISIBILITY DOWN TO A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES AND PRODUCE BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 3 AM SUNDAY TO MIDNIGHT CST SUNDAY NIGHT. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* TIMING...TONIGHT INTO SUNDAY NIGHT ACROSS NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST ILLINOIS....AND NORTHWEST INDIANA.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...4 TO 6 INCHES POSSIBLE ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM NEAR ROCKFORD TO JOLIET TO RENSSELAER WITH LOWER AMOUNTS SOUTHWEST. LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS ARE POSSIBLE...ESPECIALLY ACROSS FAR NORTHEASTERN ILLINOIS IN AREAS CLOSEST TO LAKE MICHIGAN.

* HAZARDS...WIND GUSTS IN EXCESS OF 45 MPH...BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...REDUCED VISIBILITY...BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS TO AROUND 25 BELOW ZERO SUNDAY NIGHT.

* IMPACTS...SNOW COVERED ROADS...VISIBILITY OF LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE AT TIMES...FALLING BRANCHES AND POWER LINES... FROSTBITE. NEAR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS IN MORE RURAL AND OPEN AREAS ARE POSSIBLE.

* OUTLOOK...WIND CHILL READINGS WILL REMAIN AT DANGEROUSLY COLD LEVELS FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING. WIND CHILL READINGS WILL BE 10 TO 20 BELOW ZERO OVER MUCH OF THE AREA... EVEN DURING THE DAYLIGHT HOURS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

THIS WINTER STORM WATCH IS MEANT TO ADDRESS A VARIETY OF HAZARDS INCLUDING SNOW...BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW...STRONG WIND GUSTS... AND BITTERLY COLD WIND CHILLS.

I just switched in Green Ellis in the place of Blount. I think the weather will make it for a nice run game.

not sure i'd make that switch....Blount is going against a D that gave up 200 yards and 4 tds to the Giants backfield, who are similar to Blount..!!!

I'm not sure, but it's going to be one of those slick field games, and it might be ugly for the Bears. NE could gut them with their quick passing attack, regardless of the conditions. Now, from what I'm hearing, the snow may actually be more intense lakeside tomorrow, which would make it a fun game to watch as the day winds down.

30 to 40 mph winds will definitely affect a deep ball. You can certainly expect a lot of shorter throws and running the ball a good bit.

With this in mind, what do folks think of Welker? I've got Jennings and Steve Johnson starting alongside him right now, with The Ocho and Amendola as other options. Opinions greatly appreciated (link me to your own advice question and I'd be more than happy to reply).

As I stated in another thread, I will be doing a wind/weather test for anyone interested tomorrow. Electricrelish has my email to remind me to post my commentary on the conditions. Keep in mind this is the late afternoon game so if your replacement QB plays the early game, my assesment earlier in the morning won't be as accurate as my late afternoon one.

As I stated in another thread, I will be doing a wind/weather test for anyone interested tomorrow. Electricrelish has my email to remind me to post my commentary on the conditions. Keep in mind this is the late afternoon game so if your replacement QB plays the early game, my assesment earlier in the morning won't be as accurate as my late afternoon one.

If this test includes sticking your tongue on a flag pole like they did in "A Christmas Story", I'll pay you cash for the results.

If that weather is anything like what we had here yesterday, long passing will be extremely difficult. Seems this suits the Pats a lot better than the Bears, especially considering the Brady vs. Cutler angle, with bad wind and snow. Seems to me that a guy like Woodhead would be an interesting sleeper today - I'm actually thinking about him, but have to continue on with Ivory the way he's performed of late. Yes, my running game is sad on this team...

^ i'll double it if pics are included.

in the BB era, in snow games, the Patriots are 9-0....Tenn last year in Oct snow storm anyone?

Woodhead is a must start if you have him.....BJGE, 20-25 carries......Brady will still throw, especially to Branch

who can run a perfect Brady route which is what will be needed......TE's Gronk/Herndz both Low #1 TE's for this game.

BB will kick away/out of bounds to Hester

I still kinda want to play Knox, given his relative dominance in home games. Cutler is going to throw - there's no doubting that - and his laser might be less impacted than some other arms would be. With teams assumedly stacking against the run today, I wonder if the passing game for CHI is going to be a little more open. Deciding between Knox, Bennett and Driver right now for my last WR slot . . . maybe Bennett is the guy to go with.