[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Fisher-Why Do People Think He Is A Great Coach

caddyman

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Elway has already been in conversations with Bowlen regarding a personnel management position/minority owner share of the team.

And I'd rather have great guys in both positions, FWIW

This is a great post...so often we get caught up in X Player is great because he won X # of SBs or same with coaches or X isn't that great because they didn't win or they choked etc...A coach doesn't win, a player doesn't win...it takes a complete TEAM & ORGANIZATION to win...just that some live in the limelight (Coaches and QBs) so they tend to get all the press, good or bad.

he said it was about winning Super Bowls...Landry as great as he was only won 2. But then he changed it up to winning years yada yada yada...like I said, if he has to ask then he just won't get it...and I didn't pick Reid because I am an Eagles fan :tup: well that and because it stings :tup:

Exactly. First he says it's about winning championships then, well, it's not about winning championships! :wacko:

I was just ribbing you for ribbing me, hence the :wacko:

I wasn't ribbing you, like I said, it's a common misconception that only Rams homers notice. :tup:

Dan Reeves and Bud Grant sucked too...oh and let's not forget Marty Schottenheimer, he really blew

oh and George Allen..what a tease, wins .712 of his games but not a single solitary Super Bowl

Edited by keggerz

I just don't see it. He has been a head coach for 15 full seasons. Of those 15 seasons, he has had a winning record six times. He has not won a playoff game since 2003. Why the hell do so many people think he is all that?

he said it was about winning Super Bowls...Landry as great as he was only won 2. But then he changed it up to winning years yada yada yada...like I said, if he has to ask then he just won't get it...and I didn't pick Reid because I am an Eagles fan :lol: well that and because it stings :tup:

:wacko: Im not a caddyman apologist but in post # 1 he mentions winning seasons and doesnt really mention the barometer being solely championships. I just found it odd that based on this you decided to compare him to Landry who had 20 winning seasons in a row. Carry on :tup:

eta. I see you quoted his later post about Championships. Still feel his original contention was Fischers full body of work. Dont us thine name of Landry in vain

Edited by whomper

Since you've convinced everyone here you don't know anything about football, it's probably time to give your husband the remote back. :wacko:

you come in here as usual and add nothing to the thread. I first asked a question then backed it up with facts. one thing we can be sure of is that a seachix fan has no business talking about football knowledge. You have never seen quality football except when you watch one of the real teams play.

There are teams who would fire their coach if they had a chance at Fisher. He is a great Coach. Not one of the all time greats, but he is up there.

Give him a manning or brady and see what they could do.

That may be true...or may not. My point is there is no proof he is even an above average coach. None whatsoever. Let alone a great coach. The only reason he is even in the conversation is that he has an owner that let him stick around losing season after losing season. There are a few things that could even possibly point to one being a great coach...he has none of those things.

I always feel the need as a Rams fan to make a slight correction when people say things like this. Not picking on you, it's a very common misconception. His team in that Super Bowl was a half yard from TYING that game, not winning it. That gives them at BEST a 50/50 shot at the game based on the coin toss in overtime, because everyone knows that if the Rams win the toss in OT, they would have scored.

There, I feel better. :wacko:

No doubt, I mean they'd hung a whole 20 points on the Titans up to that play. The scoreboard must've been smoking after that mind-blowing offensive display.

I once got into a fight on the dock with a fish I caught. He said I was pathetic. I argued with him all the way home. The stupid bastard didn't realize I was going to eat him. He thought he was gonna be one of those dancing fishes hung on my wall. Stupid fish.

No doubt, I mean they'd hung a whole 20 points on the Titans up to that play. The scoreboard must've been smoking after that mind-blowing offensive display.

You dare to doubt the Great Kurt Warner? A pox on thee!

He's clearly fishing. No one could understand football that little and be so proud of it.

Don't know what you are talking about here. Again we have a difference of opinion. Other than your opinion, what makes this guy great?

AGAIN-MORE LOSING SEASONS THAN WINNING

NO SUPER BOWL WINS

Under no criteria can you prove he is a great coach. None. Frankly, he is barely mediocre. Barely. If he coached for a real and proud franchise, he would have been fired numerous times.

He's a good coach. He's got 4 division titles and 1 AFC title. He's the #19 coach in NFL history in terms of wins at 141. He's 141-118 overall with a .544 winning percentage.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FishJe0.htm

Out of his 5 losing seasons, 7-9 in 2 of those so they weren't trainwrecks. I'd say he's had 2 really bad seasons in 2004 and 2005. The Titans have 5 playoff wins in his tenure. In terms of winning percentage, he's ranked #59 in NFL history.

He came 1 foot from a SB victory in 1999. Considering who his owner is, I'd say he's a fine coach. He's not Lombardi, The Hoodie or Walsh, but he's good. The overwhelming majority of franchises would be happy to have him.

He's a good coach. He's got 4 division titles and 1 AFC title. He's the #19 coach in NFL history in terms of wins at 141. He's 141-118 overall with a .544 winning percentage.

Out of his 5 losing seasons, 7-9 in 2 of those so they weren't trainwrecks. I'd say he's had 2 really bad seasons in 2004 and 2005. The Titans have 5 playoff wins in his tenure. In terms of winning percentage, he's ranked #59 in NFL history.

He came 1 foot from a SB victory in 1999. Considering who his owner is, I'd say he's a fine coach. He's not Lombardi, The Hoodie or Walsh, but he's good. The overwhelming majority of franchises would be happy to have him.

Has anybody mentioned that he began his career with the Oilers/Titans as the INTERIM head coach? I'd say that's a pretty damned successful Interim.

Adding to this, those two really bad years in 04 and 05 came immediately after a massive salary cap purge where they lost nearly all their top players. Not much you can do at that point.

He does take some blame for the poor performance this year, though the QB situation certainly hasn't helped matters. Still, I'm going to be greatly disappointed if Fisher isn't back next year.

Don't know what you are talking about here. Again we have a difference of opinion. Other than your opinion, what makes this guy great?

AGAIN-MORE LOSING SEASONS THAN WINNING

NO SUPER BOWL WINS

Under no criteria can you prove he is a great coach. None. Frankly, he is barely mediocre. Barely. If he coached for a real and proud franchise, he would have been fired numerous times.

Or he would've won a couple super bowls.

personally, I hope the Titans let him go and the Chargers can get him and dump Norv.