[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hakeem Nicks

JUMbotron

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playe...92/hakeem-nicks

Nicks ruled out?: Giants WR Hakeem Nicks (lower leg) has been ruled out for the Week 14 game against the Vikings, according to NFL Network. But since they broadcasted his status, several New York media outlets have reported otherwise. Most say he is still listed as questionable heading into Sunday. The WR could miss his third straight game despite saying he was going to play on Friday.

(Updated 12/11/2010)

Can't find anyone else picking up this report as of 9:00 pm ET Saturday.

From what I've gathered, one of the NFLN Total Access anchors (not Rich Eisen, probably Fran Charles) said something nonchalantly about Nicks being out, almost in passing, and there's a chance the guy just mis-spoke.

Mike Garafolo says the NFL Network report is wrong.

For those asking about NFL Net report on Nicks not playing, I'm told that's not accurate. Also teams says no changes to inj report. #nyg

about 3 hours ago via web

http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo

Rotoworld: Game postponed to Monday Night

The Giants/Vikings Week 14 matchup has been postponed until Monday Night. A league source said the game would likely be a 7 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. kickoff.

Brett Favre can thank Mother Nature for giving his shoulder an extra day and a half to heal. Fantasy owners of Hakeem Nicks and Steve Smith now have to think twice about waiting to start them Monday night. We feel confident Smith will start and Nicks is likely to play, even in a reduced role. But risking a 0 is tough to do in the playoffs unless you were desperate.

Now other NYG reporters like Vacchiano and Tom Rock are saying Nicks has not been ruled out yet.

The thing is, with the game moved to Monday night, aren't Nicks and Smith essentially "out" for fantasy purposes now? I don't own either, but I couldn't imagine starting one of them now - risking a Monday scratch.

On the other hand, they should inch closer to 100% with an extra day of rest.

Now other NYG reporters like Vacchiano and Tom Rock are saying Nicks has not been ruled out yet.

The thing is, with the game moved to Monday night, aren't Nicks and Smith essentially "out" for fantasy purposes now? I don't own either, but I couldn't imagine starting one of them now - risking a Monday scratch.

On the other hand, they should inch closer to 100% with an extra day of rest.

Here is how I see it...if you were looking at starting Nicks it probably isn't because you don't have another option but your other option doesn't have the upside of an even less than 100% Nicks...for me, I am in a game where I need top notch production...just 5-10 points isn't going to cut it so there isn't much difference with a ZERO...if you look like you just need safe points then yes, you have to sit Nicks...need to swing for the fence, plug him in.

Fantasy nightmare...1st round of the playoffs and my opponent has Eli plugged in @ qb. So I was hoping that Nicks played and the tds went his way. Now I have no idea if i can risk Nicks with all these different reports out there. Argggg! Hopefully we can find some more info on the situation tomorrow before the games start. But that would be to good to be true :wacko:

Have there been in new info on Nicks? Will he play tomorrow?

No new news but the move really stings on being able to sub a guy in...

I have in Starks, Calvin & Steve Johnson, Santonio & Emanuel Sanders but trying to decide etween, Nicks, Benson, Best or Torain over Sanders :wacko:

Edited by keggerz

I have to decide between, Nicks, Emanuel Sanders, Benson, Best or Torain :wacko:

I gotta play Nicks or Fitzgerald. Wish this game had been played at one today. I'm gonna roll the dice and play Nicks in my playoff game.

I have in Starks, Calvin & Steve Johnson, Santonio & Emanuel Sanders but trying to decide etween, Nicks, Benson, Best or Torain over Sanders :wacko:

The fact he traveled with the team makes me very optimistic.

I gotta play Nicks or Fitzgerald. Wish this game had been played at one today. I'm gonna roll the dice and play Nicks in my playoff game.

I think I am looking at it as risk/reward....going big or going home...rode Nicks most of the way...might as well ride him now too.

I think you should have gone with Torain . . .