[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vikings Giants game is postponed until Monday night

SEEDS

Just heard it officially announced on the Weather Channel...yes I was watching the weather channel :wacko:

Also on nfl.com

Breaking News

Report: Giants-Vikings postponed

Due to weather concerns in Minnesota, the Giants and Vikings have moved their Week 14 matchup to Monday night.

Edited by SEEDS

They were concerned about the snow piled up on the roof of the dome.

Blizzard shifts Vikings-Giants to Monday night

Posted by Judd Zulgad

Last update: December 11, 2010 - 8:59 PM

Comments

The Vikings game against the New York Giants at Mall of America Field has been moved to Monday night because of the blizzard that hit the Twin Cities on Saturday.

The decision was made by NFL executives on Saturday night after they initially said they planned to have the game remain a noon kickoff. The Giants' plane was diverted to Kansas City on Saturday afternoon because of the storm and the team had to spend the night there. The original plan was for the Giants to fly to Minneapolis early Sunday.

However, one of the main issues Saturday became the Metrodome roof and all the snow that had accumulated on it during the storm.

We'll have more details shortly. One of the primary questions will be television coverage. I'm trying to find that out but I'm guessing this now becomes part of an ESPN doubleheader.

And, yes, Brett Favre's sprained SC joint now gets another day of rest.

I have tix for the game, and now I can't go due to having a final on Monday night. Bought the tix to take my son to the game for his birthday. SUCKS. Now mom is dropping him and a friend off for the game - he'll have more fun, but it sucks for me. Damn blizzard!